titlist questions

haifp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just purchased this cue off craigslist. Colors seem a bit odd and has an unusual date stamp. I think the colors might just be faded. how do you determine if the cue is a good candidate for conversion? the points are very even, within 3/16" from the lowest to the highest. cue is .837" at 28".

Attachments

• titlist 004.jpg
    titlist 004.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 524
  • titlist 012.jpg
    titlist 012.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 529
  • titlist 013.jpg
    titlist 013.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 516
  • titlist 026.jpg
    titlist 026.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 514
  • titlist 022.jpg
    titlist 022.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 513

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
It's from the wartime period. Is it one piece or two?

The colors varied based on what dye run they had.

The diameter is close for a wrap less conversion with a steel joint and a buttcap or Hoppe ring added. It is more than enough if you have a handle added.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Please post a very focused photo of the bottom of the cue. Underneath any bumper.

haifp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the cue is a one piece cue. with this cue I purchased this butterfly cue. is it also a brunswick?

Attachments

• titlist 032.jpg
    titlist 032.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 484
  • titlist 039.jpg
    titlist 039.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 486
  • titlist 031.jpg
    titlist 031.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 492
  • titlist 040.jpg
    titlist 040.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 485
  • titlist 028.jpg
    titlist 028.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 490

thubosky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's from the wartime period. Is it one piece or two?

The colors varied based on what dye run they had.

The diameter is close for a wrap less conversion with a steel joint and a buttcap or Hoppe ring added. It is more than enough if you have a handle added.

Does the colors or the stamp make it a wartime Titlist? I had one converted with that stamp, but it had normal Titlist colors.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Does the colors or the stamp make it a wartime Titlist? I had one converted with that stamp, but it had normal Titlist colors.

The stamp, it was typically used until 1945 or whenever they changed the script in the logo.

haifp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I roll the cue from where the wrap would be, at 28 inches there is a bit over a 16th of roll, is this a problem for conversion?

When I roll the cue from where the wrap would be, at 28 inches there is a bit over a 16th of roll, is this a problem for conversion?

Shouldn't be because these things are fat in the butts. Up to nearly 1.40" where most buttcaps are 1.22-1.25' ish. If you cut a wrap groove, especially if leather wrap, it should not be a problem.

The double butterfly also has red and natural veneer, pretty rare. Usually they are purple outside and green inside.