scruggs value ?

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi, i would like to hear opinions what this scruggs is worth, without the jp´s though, 1 shaft...

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That picture:eek:Depends if Tim built it ...or it's an Alibaba special.

Have a great day,

-Kat.

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What ? Not all scruggs have jp like that, i actually think those were custom made not made by scruggs. You cant give a value number without jp but if i buy a set for 50 on ebay you can ? Must be hard to get some serious infos or opinions.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
This thread has the potential to be funnier than a stuccoed toilet seat....count me in:wink:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
What ? Not all scruggs have jp like that, i actually think those were custom made not made by scruggs. You cant give a value number without jp but if i buy a set for 50 on ebay you can ? Must be hard to get some serious infos or opinions.

Deleted...

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
it does have some real humor potential. :grin-square:

but...

I'd say the cue with the black and white linen wrap is approx $1600 - $1700 with one shaft assuming all is in exc cond.

best,
brian kc

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
hi, i would like to hear opinions what this scruggs is worth, without the jp´s though, 1 shaft...

I understand the skeptical comments you've received. There's 2 completely different cue sticks in that picture. Speaking of which, a picture of that sort is not something I've ever seen from Scruggs cues.
It looks as if it was created for the purposes of telling a story. Call me paranoid, but my "spidey senses" is screaming, "me thinks it protests too loudly".

Let me be clear, I'm stating anything one way or the other about you. I'm speaking just about the picture as it operates in trying to sell a cue stick. -Z-

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member

but...

I'd say the cue with the black and white linen wrap is approx $1600 - $1700 with one shaft assuming all is in exc cond.

best,
brian kc

Agree. I wonder if the OP could shrink the picture a bit so we can see it more clearly.

All the best,
WW

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

but...

best,
brian kc

Not from what I've seen selling , I'd say it's 2500 plus

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jesus what the problem ? If you guys read what i wrote it would be clear that i am talking about the cue shown on the left. The forearm of that cue is in the back of the pic. The pic itself is from a site i found that makes custom jp. All i want is opinions on the value. Nothing weird or funny about that. If no one has a clue this thread can be closed cause i dont wanna waste my time on stupid comments that were made

Grantstew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you should also mention that it has been refinished by someone else, and a new butt cap put on it. If you just look at the pic, then yeah maybe $2500, but if you add that info, it makes a hell of a difference!

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was asking what the value of this cue is, in new condition. I wasnt asking what mine is worth otherwise i would have posted mine and the details. I know there is a loss if it has new butt or so. Besides that, do you really think all 20+ year old scruggs out there have never been refinished by someone else then frey ? Not really....and if someone else does the refinish doesnt mean its less good. But anyway, this can be closed here

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Not from what I've seen selling , I'd say it's 2500 plus

hi 1S;

I'm fairly familiar with ts cues - I buy/sell them often.

You may see cues of this caliber with asking prices of $2500 but actually selling for that amount, not so much - and def not with just 1 shaft.

Very nice looking cue but the market is the market.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jesus what the problem ? If you guys read what i wrote it would be clear that i am talking about the cue shown on the left. The forearm of that cue is in the back of the pic. The pic itself is from a site i found that makes custom jp. All i want is opinions on the value. Nothing weird or funny about that. If no one has a clue this thread can be closed cause i dont wanna waste my time on stupid comments that were made

How is it clear you were talking about the left cue? You wrote, 'hi, i would like to hear opinions what this scruggs is worth, without the jp´s though, 1 shaft...'

Anyway, you obviously know best. Buy the cue.