Pool Room Light Control Software.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
All three pool rooms I work for here in Toledo are looking for a control system for the table lights so that they have individual control or them on/off. Anyone have any good info on a light control system for the table lights?? I see that lite-systems offers something, but, there is barely any info on their website about what they are selling. We are installing all new LED panels and would appreciate any and all info!! Thanks

TFT

buzzsaw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All three pool rooms I work for here in Toledo are looking for a control system for the table lights so that they have individual control or them on/off. Anyone have any good info on a light control system for the table lights?? I see that lite-systems offers something, but, there is barely any info on their website about what they are selling. We are installing all new LED panels and would appreciate any and all info!! Thanks

TFT

Checkout X10 technology.

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Checkout X10 technology.

As far as I know X10 is really old and unreliable (at least in residential settings).

Newer protocols such as Zwave and Zibgee have replaced X10.

If this was me I would setup a Hubitat hub and plug each individual light into a smart dedicated plug. Then you can control each light from a smart device like an Ipad or cheap android tablet sitting at the counter. If they have an amazon device they can even control the lights with voice commands like "Alexa turn on table 14" or "Alexa turn off all tables"

A good smart outlet is going to cost about 50 bucks each, the hubitat hub is around 150 (at least last I checked). Programming is pretty easy and has lots of flexibility.

The reason I am recommending hubitat over some of the other brands is because it runs everything locally and not over a cloud resource. To me this is important in a business setting where you need stuff to work all the time. It also easy to setup compared to some other solutions (homeassistant).

Wink used to be good but they just started charging a monthly fee for service so I don't recommend that either anymore (plus its fully cloud based)

Smartthings is another player (which is what I use at home) but its fully cloud based and suffers from occasional outages (last night it was down for an hour).

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Thanks for the good info!!!! I will be doing some more research and having good leads helps. We will get something sorted out!

TFT

As far as I know X10 is really old and unreliable (at least in residential settings).

Newer protocols such as Zwave and Zibgee have replaced X10.

If this was me I would setup a Hubitat hub and plug each individual light into a smart dedicated plug. Then you can control each light from a smart device like an Ipad or cheap android tablet sitting at the counter. If they have an amazon device they can even control the lights with voice commands like "Alexa turn on table 14" or "Alexa turn off all tables"

A good smart outlet is going to cost about 50 bucks each, the hubitat hub is around 150 (at least last I checked). Programming is pretty easy and has lots of flexibility.

The reason I am recommending hubitat over some of the other brands is because it runs everything locally and not over a cloud resource. To me this is important in a business setting where you need stuff to work all the time. It also easy to setup compared to some other solutions (homeassistant).

Wink used to be good but they just started charging a monthly fee for service so I don't recommend that either anymore (plus its fully cloud based)

Smartthings is another player (which is what I use at home) but its fully cloud based and suffers from occasional outages (last night it was down for an hour).

billiardmanager

I have made my own software with the most features also relay that could control lights and other electricals
billiardmanager.com

Attachments

• Micropulse BilliardManager Flyer1.jpg
    Micropulse BilliardManager Flyer1.jpg
    747.3 KB · Views: 176

billiardmanager

TFT
you can review my software and hardware to control lights also I can develop your special requirements. www.billiardmanager.com