The new Aramith tournament balls

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Was he talking about Aunt Esther?
I love that show, grew up watching it with my father. Right before Barney Miller.

Can't remember for sure, but I think Fred was either talking about Aunt Esther, or maybe one of Lamont's dates that he didn't like.

All the best,
WW

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fred was on Friday night, NBC; Barney Miller was on Thursday night, ABC.

Good memory...I was a bit younger, and these were re-runs on WTBS out of Boston in the early 80s on early cable TV. So they were on every day. Big part of my childhood.

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good memory...I was a bit younger, and these were re-runs on WTBS out of Boston in the early 80s on early cable TV. So they were on every day. Big part of my childhood.

Gotcha - like Perry Mason followed the Big Valley in the afternoon when I was a kid but not really, lol.

Damn, now I miss Audra!

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9be6cb558b486a17e9be6bbce90ecdf5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think these are terrible. It is very disorienting. I keep thinking that they are setting up for the wrong ball.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here’s the link, Mr M. :)

https://www.aramith.com/story-behind-aramith-tournament-black-colours

I wrote to Aramith last year to enquire about this Raschig Four Player set from 1983. Alas, I did not receive a reply but wonder if my letter and accompanying photograph influenced their new design in some small way?

Best wishes.

Absolutely it did. They could’ve at least have given you an atta boy for doing the legwork.
On a side note, I would be more forgiving if they actually released a 4player set like that.

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If they were trying to make it easier to see on TV it was a total fail. Might be better on a table specifically lit for TV, but that was not the case at Griff's.
Personally don't like them at all. Good thing is I'll probably never have too play with them

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope I didn’t miss this already posted but this popped up on my book of faces last night. I’m not a hater of all things new. I use the crazy colored cyclops balls . but I got to say these don’t do a lot for me but you got to develop new products when every else is so I get why they are trying something different.

.If they were going to reverse them they should have done it completely. ALL White should be Black and ALL Black Should Be White...

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I literally hate this black set.

Having said that, I'm not a fan of "any" aramith ball other than their cueballs.

The so called duramith technology does NOT stay as clean as cyclop ball....not even close.

Jeff

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been thinking about this. Why are the black stripes a problem? Because you can't see the edge of the ball? That was said earlier in the thread. Obviously most of you must be 9 ball players. I play 8 ball...mostly.... and have been told over and over again that shooting at the 8 ball is no different then all the others. That the only reason I miss the 8 is because it's all in my head. So now you are saying I can run the table down to the 8, and have been missing the 8 because its black? Glad to know it wasnt me.

If the black is harder to see because of less contrast, I know how to fix the problem. We all need to start covering our tables in white cloth! That'll work. And we can use chalk in its natural color too!

I guess i would have to try shooting with them before I personally can denounce them. But that must be the wrong way to do things these days.

Last edited:

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been thinking about this. Why are the black stripes a problem? Because you can't see the edge of the ball? That was said earlier in the thread. Obviously most of you must be 9 ball players. I play 8 ball...mostly.... and have been told over and over again that shooting at the 8 ball is no different then all the others. That the only reason I miss the 8 is because it's all in my head. So now you are saying I can run the table down to the 8, and have been missing the 8 because its black? Glad to know it wasnt me.

If the black is harder to see because of less contrast, I know how to fix the problem. We all need to start covering our tables in white cloth! That'll work. And we can use chalk in its natural color too!

I guess i would have to try shooting with them before I personally can denounce them. But that must be the wrong way to do things these days.
A friend of mine has a table with black cloth. Talk about lack of contrast! If a solid ball was on a cushion you could hardly see the ball!

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Hey, they boood Santa Claus at a Philadelphia eagles game
Paaaaf'nleeeze.
Last place I thought I would see that old tired crap.

I think these are terrible. It is very disorienting. I keep thinking that they are setting up for the wrong ball.
They are horrible at the Mosconi.
MANY fans complaining.
Very hard to follow. Especially on the arena screens. The 4 and 5. And the 9 looks like the 8 depending on how it's sitting.
Disaster.
I thought Cyclop was bad. Aramith topped them with these.
Maybe ok on a home table.
That's it.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Paaaaf'nleeeze.

MANY fans complaining.
Very hard to follow. Especially on the arena screens. The 4 and 5. And the 9 looks like the 8 depending on how it's sitting.
Disaster.
That's it.

I'm not a fan of the balls but too be clear, the screens in the room are not the best. The coloring is way off. The 1B looks like the 7B on the screens.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Paaaaf'nleeeze.

MANY fans complaining.
Very hard to follow. Especially on the arena screens. The 4 and 5.
And the 9 looks like the 8 depending on how it's sitting.
Disaster.
That's it.

For Gods sake, dont say that too loud. She will want to change the 8 ball color next.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member

It’s not so bad under tv lights or any table with nice lighting, but on some home tables I’ve played on the 8 is hard to cut when it’s on the rail. You can’t see sh!t lol. The 2 as well, 6 and 7. Out in the open it’s just another ball but black sides would be brutal on the rails, at least with darker stripes you still have the white area.

I just think they’re ugly though :smile: