Injuries

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Would give up the 8 to heal. If this is a serious question I'd do whatever it takes and be thankful giving something up would help. As for diabetes a lot of food gets given up....

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would give up the 8 to heal. If this is a serious question I'd do whatever it takes and be thankful giving something up would help. As for diabetes a lot of food gets given up....

amen awomen and whoever else
I'd give up food before I'd give up pool

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Did meat cause your injury? Did you hit a cow with your car?...or do you really mean illness or disease?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Did meat cause your injury? Did you hit a cow with your car?...or do you really mean illness or disease?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Lol. Shoulder has been messed up for 2 months, quit eating meat for a week now and I believe its healed. Gonna give it a little more time, but feels great.

flyrv9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then perhaps you're lucky with a simple solution. I had shoulder replacement surgery in Feb. No pool for about 7 months - started playing again in Sept and doing well.

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He may have had a gout attack. Giving up meat and alcohol can help a lot with that.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Lol. Shoulder has been messed up for 2 months, quit eating meat for a week now and I believe its healed. Gonna give it a little more time, but feels great.

I gave up red meat for a few years....I think it was too rich for my blood.
...I used to get a small boil on my neck about twice a year....
...it stopped....I eat some red meat now....but not much.

It’s easy to give up meat....you aren’t giving up food.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Then perhaps you're lucky with a simple solution. I had shoulder replacement surgery in Feb. No pool for about 7 months - started playing again in Sept and doing well.

Glad you are doing well. I have one (maybe 2) replacements coming up. All I can is say is Sh.t...Fu.k

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Interesting thread. I had never heard of this before as a solution to a shoulder injury. As for me I have to be careful with my consumption of red meat so my arteries don't get clogged. I'm on heart and circulation meds for life too! At 75, regular exercise daily (walking, weights, stretching and calisthenics) has done wonders for me. I still get around pretty good for a senior citizen, able to play sports (softball, tennis, basketball) with much younger guys, just not for so long anymore. I need to take a breather every thirty minutes or so and drink some water to stay hydrated. After five minutes or so I'm ready to go again.

A few years ago I developed severe pain in my arms if I tried to twist them in any direction, like to put on a belt or scratch my back. The pain was usually in my shoulder and elbow joints. I thought I had some form of arthritis (and maybe I did). Pain killers helped but only temporarily. My doctor recommended that I begin to take Tumeric daily, and in about two to three weeks the pain subsided, never to return again. I still take a Tumeric vitamin pill every day. It's the one vitamin I can't recommend too highly. Do your research and you will see why.

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

glad you are healing
i dont think it has anything to do with giving up meat
jmho
icbw

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a pool player buddy that had to give up beef AND all
dairy, no filets, no In -n- Out, no shakes, nada.

It was for PSA levels (prostate) he said it helped big time..
except his game, I still gotta give him 9-7 :rolleyes:

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
A few years ago I developed severe pain in my arms if I tried to twist them in any direction, like to put on a belt or scratch my back. The pain was usually in my shoulder and elbow joints. I thought I had some form of arthritis (and maybe I did). Pain killers helped but only temporarily. My doctor recommended that I begin to take Tumeric daily, and in about two to three weeks the pain subsided, never to return again. I still take a Tumeric vitamin pill every day. It's the one vitamin I can't recommend too highly. Do your research and you will see why.

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered some from Amazon now.

JC

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the tip. I just ordered some from Amazon now.

JC

If you are taking other meds check with your doctor first to prevent bad drug inter reactions. I'm just suggesting that... I looked into this and the pharmacist gave me that advice.