Meucci

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have read on the forum a lot about meucci quality problems particularly wih
inlays. Does anyone know if these problems are behind them on their current cues?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
inlays. Does anyone know if these problems are behind them on their current cues?
You wanna risk it? Their track record on popping inlays is not the greatest.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This has not been my experience. And, I have yet to come across one. I just hear the story being repeated. Does anyone have visible evidence they can share?

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
I think Meucci's are great, I've played with the pro shaft that my friend had and it shoots great, now I am going to order a Meucci, but debating between two cues, I don't mean to hijack the thread, but how to tell which one to go with.

https://www.budgetcues.com/meucci-pool-cue-swbb-1.htm
vs
https://www.budgetcues.com/meucci-pool-cue-fr-1.htm (This shaft will be replaced to Pro shaft)

I own a couple Meuccis. I would go with the first one(swbb) for sure.

Meucci cues are quite popular around where I play. I don't hear people complaining about them. I know one guy who works on cues and he said they had a run of bad ferrule issue for a short time. He also told me about OB cues blowing out there as well.

@CESSNA10, my first Muecci and still my player today, I kept in my trunk 24/7/365 for four years at least. Rolls perfectly straight together and apart.

Last edited:

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I own a couple Meuccis. I would go with the first one(swbb) for sure.

Meucci cues are quite popular around where I play. I don't hear people complaining about them. I know one guy who works on cues and he said they had a run of bad ferrule issue for a short time. He also told me about OB cues blowing out there as well.

@CESSNA10, my first Muecci and still my player today, I kept in my trunk 24/7/365 for four years at least. Rolls perfectly straight together and apart.

I just realized that swbb comes with the 13mm barbox shaft instead of the Pro shaft which is 12.5 that I tested, hmmmmm, isn't this a Skylar woodward cue? does he actually play with the pro shaft or the 13mm barbox shaft?

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
I just realized that swbb comes with the 13mm barbox shaft instead of the Pro shaft which is 12.5 that I tested, hmmmmm, isn't this a Skylar woodward cue? does he actually play with the pro shaft or the 13mm barbox shaft?

You can swap out the BB shaft with The Pro shaft.

Not even sure if Woodward is playing Meucci these days. It's a series done with his name on it. Maybe he had some influence on design. Just another way to make money.

EddieBme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I've never had any problems with inlays, but on their earlier cues the ferrules and joint material were bad about cracking, although I never had a that problem.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They play good, never said they didn't. Over the years they have had issues with both ringwork and inlays coming up. I've seen it on more than a couple cues and have heard stories of other owners having same problems. The best thing is to keep the cue basic. Either a merry-widow or basic pointed cue. I personally would not buy a loaded-up cue from them.

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the input, I have an hof02 with the black dot shaft which I love
and was going to dump my other cues and order a couple more meucci's
I just like the way it hits as opposed to my others whose names I wont mention
but they are top name cues

Cadillac J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love my Meucci cues.

Purchased my first Mooch earlier this year to try The Pro shaft...was very impressed with the fit/finish and it was my major introduction to Ultraskin medium tips (my favorite), and had a great and unique feel in the hit. Great price at just over $400 in JS-S, Jayson Shaw merry widow in gray.

I've since picked up 3 additional ones:
- SWBB2 ($650) swapped stock 13mm Barbox to 11.65mm Ultimate Weapon (30")
- Pro Cust2 Mesquite ($360) w/ 12.5mm Meucci Pro
- BMCPro3 ($650) w/ 12.5mm Meucci Pro (30")

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Meucci Cue are loved by many, hated by others. Some of their real ornate Cue have "decals", not real inlays. So they are what I call FAUX INLAWS.

Being perfectly most Cue with a decent Tip, can & will play great, sink ball, and run racks in the hand of a skilled short stop, or pro player.

It's the Indian, not the Arrow that sinks balls, and runs racks.

** If I received a set of $100,000.00 Nursurgon tools, (surgical instruments), it don't mean I am the guy you want doing your brain surgury.:)

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meucci Cue are loved by many, hated by others. Some of their real ornate Cue have "decals", not real inlays. So they are what I call FAUX INLAWS.

Being perfectly most Cue with a decent Tip, can & will play great, sink ball, and run racks in the hand of a skilled short stop, or pro player.

It's the Indian, not the Arrow that sinks balls, and runs racks.

** If I received a set of $100,000.00 Nursurgon tools, (surgical instruments), it don't mean I am the guy you want doing your brain surgury.:)
This came up on the Meucci FB page a while back. Meucci said they have used transfers on some lower-end cues but all higher-end models use real inlays. I've seen a few merry-widows that had transfers for ringwork. I saw a loaded-up model with that ghastly green pau-shell crap that popped its inlays in the butt-sleeve in less than 6mos. Cue was well taken care of and kept in a JB case.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Meucci stopped having issues around four years ago. Been all good for a few years now.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
Love my Meucci cues.

Purchased my first Mooch earlier this year to try The Pro shaft...was very impressed with the fit/finish and it was my major introduction to Ultraskin medium tips (my favorite), and had a great and unique feel in the hit. Great price at just over $400 in JS-S, Jayson Shaw merry widow in gray.

I've since picked up 3 additional ones:
- SWBB2 ($650) swapped stock 13mm Barbox to 11.65mm Ultimate Weapon (30")
- Pro Cust2 Mesquite ($360) w/ 12.5mm Meucci Pro
- BMCPro3 ($650) w/ 12.5mm Meucci Pro (30")

Had you played a black dot before The Pro shaft? Would be interested in hearing a little more about the pro shaft, what you think of it or anybody else's opinions on it. I've been contemplating buying it. The shaft is $246 from budget billiards but it's only a $63 upcharge on cues. So maybe I'll just buy a whole cue instead of just the shaft.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Color me shocked. I love the sweet feel of Meucci Cues. I’ve owned five of them. All have had some kind of problem, with popped inlays and points the most common. I’ve had two friends whose Meucci butt warped like a banana while in a case. One of my Meucci shafts warped to unplayable, also while in a case.

I would say that anyone who bought a Meucci between say 1988 - 1995, if you’re Meucci didn’t develop issues, I’d be astonished. I actually didn’t realize what a popped inlay was until I got a Cue that did not pop its inlays. I just assumed all inlaid cues did that popping thing.

Freddie <~~~ still loves Meuccis

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Color me shocked. I love the sweet feel of Meucci Cues. I’ve owned five of them. All have had some kind of problem, with popped inlays and points the most common. I’ve had two friends whose Meucci butt warped like a banana while in a case. One of my Meucci shafts warped to unplayable, also while in a case.

I would say that anyone who bought a Meucci between say 1988 - 1995, if you’re Meucci didn’t develop issues, I’d be astonished. I actually didn’t realize what a popped inlay was until I got a Cue that did not pop its inlays. I just assumed all inlaid cues did that popping thing.

Freddie <~~~ still loves Meuccis

Cant quite figure out if you love em or hate em