Want to buy soft case for the first time

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve always used a 3x5 hard case - I’ve owned it for many years and love it, but now I’d like to give soft cases a try.

My initial thinking is, since it is soft; then it will be lighter, which is an advantage.

I’d like to buy a 4x8 soft case, any recommendation? My eye is going towards a lucasi LC3, it is soft and 4x8

Also for soft case users, what are the pros and cons for switching?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The pros are they are light, usually. Cons are needing to have a flat surface to get your cues out. I have seen Billy Thorpe and SVB using them though.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I almost always use soft case for out and about. I often bring playing cue with 2 or 3 shafts, break cue with one shaft and billiards cue with 1 or 2 shafts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200521-092009.jpg
    Screenshot_20200521-092009.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 305

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve always used a 3x5 hard case - I’ve owned it for many years and love it, but now I’d like to give soft cases a try.

My initial thinking is, since it is soft; then it will be lighter, which is an advantage.

I’d like to buy a 4x8 soft case, any recommendation? My eye is going towards a lucasi LC3, it is soft and 4x8

You should go the opposite way and add some lead to your case to get some extra free weight training, like wrist and ankle weights that walkers/joggers use. Make the 50 feet from car to the pool hall be productive.

I do like that they seem to hold more in the same space as a hard case and is a bit easier to slide things in and out of. For travel I use a cheap soft case that mushes a bit to stick in my suitcase diagonaly.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just bought a Becue soft case and it is awesome. Soft leather, plenty of room. Can hold two cues and 5 shafts or 3 cues and 4 shafts. I love it.

I also have a custom JB case that is amazing.

And I have a soft side lizard skin. Not sure who made it (Instroke maybe). I bought it at Super Billiards Expo years ago. It is for sale. And I have a black leather soft case that is nice. Forget the manufacturer. I can text pictures if interested.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
If the guy is still looking for a case, and wants more choices. IMHO you should check out JBCASES. John make Cases they way customer want em, he offer color choices, and customization.

www.jbcases.com

Yes he does butterfly type cases.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I have a 6x12 Castillo soft case that works very well.
Sturdy for a soft case, with very good quality, decent protection for a soft case, and the prices are good.
I wouldn't get rid of it, comes in handy

kgoods

Consistently Inconsistent
I use a LC5 and love it. Seems to be holding up really well going on two years. I'm always having people send home shafts or complete cues with me for tips and repairs so having the 4x8 really comes in handy for that. It's got a ton of storage in pockets which is a huge plus for me.

Good luck!

bob b.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mezz

I have a Mezz (black/gray) 3x5 soft case. Its pretty nice looking. Text me for pics if interested....816-550-8266 Bob B.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use a LC5 and love it. Seems to be holding up really well going on two years. I'm always having people send home shafts or complete cues with me for tips and repairs so having the 4x8 really comes in handy for that. It's got a ton of storage in pockets which is a huge plus for me.

Good luck!

Hey man, good case, but what would you say the difference between LC5 and LC3, the price is the same, both are 4x8 and both are soft, so I seen the picture, the pockets are different, but what else? are there any change in design from the inside? also what about the weight, are both the same weight?

P.S. for the Castle and JB cases, they are all really nice, but too pricy for me, can't beat a lucasi 80 bucks 4x8 soft case.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a 6x12 Castillo soft case that works very well.
Sturdy for a soft case, with very good quality, decent protection for a soft case, and the prices are good.
I wouldn't get rid of it, comes in handy

I second this. Castillo makes some awesome soft cases in all sizes.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Not sure about your price range, but I’m about to post a brand new, black leather, soft, 4x8 JB case for sale. A real deal at $600, though I understand that budgets vary. Just need to take some pics.

If you’re interested, PM me and I’ll give you first shot at it...

Last edited:

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure about your price range, but I’m about to post a brand new, black leather, soft, 4x8 JB case for sale. A steal at $600. Just need to take some pics.

If you’re interested, PM me and I’ll give you first shot at it...

My price range is 60$ to 100$ - a soft case that is 4x8, that is why I am shying away from Castillo and JB.

Which is why I'm aiming for LC3 from Lucasi, the leather looks nice and it is about 80$, looks really good too.

https://www.pooldawg.com/lucasi-lc-3-4-butt-8-shaft-black-leather-pool-cue-case

But I am open for other good quality soft cases 4x8 on my price range, i.e. 60 to 100 bucks.

kgoods

Consistently Inconsistent
Hey man, good case, but what would you say the difference between LC5 and LC3, the price is the same, both are 4x8 and both are soft, so I seen the picture, the pockets are different, but what else? are there any change in design from the inside? also what about the weight, are both the same weight?

P.S. for the Castle and JB cases, they are all really nice, but too pricy for me, can't beat a lucasi 80 bucks 4x8 soft case.

I not really sure as I've never seen a LC3 up close, from pictures it looks like the LC5 may have more/bigger pockets, but can't really tell from the pictures I've seen. Wish I could help more. Maybe someone else has owned/seen both.

And yes, for the money they are pretty nice cases. I've had tons of cases and this is my favorite.