Question for mach users or cnc in general

Facundus Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you prefer your software to control spindle on - off as well as rpm? Or would you rather a switch and potentiometer? In the past I have always used manual but setting up a mini raptor and unsure of which router to take. Definitely easier to setup the manual mode but seems convenient to have mach take care of it. I have the teckno spindle that is 18k-24k but fooling with cues I see no need to slow it down. Maybe if I happen to cut a part on the tale for other purposes.

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
Do you prefer your software to control spindle on - off as well as rpm? Or would you rather a switch and potentiometer? In the past I have always used manual but setting up a mini raptor and unsure of which router to take. Definitely easier to setup the manual mode but seems convenient to have mach take care of it. I have the teckno spindle that is 18k-24k but fooling with cues I see no need to slow it down. Maybe if I happen to cut a part on the tale for other purposes.

I just hit the button on the VFD.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have mine controlled by the software. So the program does the spindle speed. I like it, because in the HSMworks, you can make it slow the cutting rpm and feedrate going into a corner for example.
There is always the override on the Mach3 for rpm and feed rate adjustment as well.
Neil

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
Software is Mach 3.
All I do is simple 2D inlay work in wood.
I use the power on/off switch and speed control knob manually.
Runs full spindle speed 99% of the time.

Willee

JC

Coos Cues
I have mine controlled by the software. So the program does the spindle speed. I like it, because in the HSMworks, you can make it slow the cutting rpm and feedrate going into a corner for example.
There is always the override on the Mach3 for rpm and feed rate adjustment as well.
Neil

What Neil said. Program it in Mach and you still have complete manual control over it on the screen with your keyboard and mouse as you're working just as simple as if you had a potentiometer.

JC