Played pool in a swimming pool room hotel?

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So i just played a game of pool in a room at a hotel with a swimming pool on the other side. What would the humidity do to the cues and tables and such? Assuming my cue will be fine since it was only in there for like 15 minutes.

Thanks

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That’s why I use an aluminum cue. The only down side is you that can’t steam out the dents.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
So i just played a game of pool in a room at a hotel with a swimming pool on the other side. What would the humidity do to the cues and tables and such? Assuming my cue will be fine since it was only in there for like 15 minutes.

Thanks

15 minutes is too long for it to be in the pool.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Swimming and playing 9-ball should complement each other........
....after all, both require a good stroke.

And don’t worry about your cue...unless it cost more than $14

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks

If you put your cue in the pool..........well, humidity will be your least worry. Then again, if you did that, I'm pretty certain you have bigger issues than cue problems.

Try to be more clear about your question.

For example:

I played pool within 20 feet of a pool and I'm wondering if that could possible damage my cue?

See, that's a direct question.

Try to avoid asking:

I played a game of pool in a room that was across from a pool. Will my socks get wet?

Try again.........

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you put your cue in the pool..........well, humidity will be your least worry. Then again, if you did that, I'm pretty certain you have bigger issues than cue problems.

Try to be more clear about your question.

For example:

I played pool within 20 feet of a pool and I'm wondering if that could possible damage my cue?

See, that's a direct question.

Try to avoid asking:

I played a game of pool in a room that was across from a pool. Will my socks get wet?

Try again.........

I have no idea how far the pool table was from the swimming pool. It was in the same room. It was a big room. I suck at guessing distance but lets say around 100 feet. Next to the pool tables was a couple vending machines. And pool cues in a rack. Also this does not answer my question of what humidity would do to a pool table?

I am assuming you guys have played pool in all kinds of environments? I meen I would. I would play pool in my underwear in a swimming pool outside in below freezing weather. So I could prove how manly I am. I probably would not enjoy it and would only do it once but still.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Might have something to do with all the weird shit you ask/post.

What have I ask/posted that was weird? I am legit curious. Everything I have asked/ posted in the main forum has been about pool. Or are you talking about the non-pool related stuff?

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
What have I ask/posted that was weird? I am legit curious. Everything I have asked/ posted in the main forum has been about pool. Or are you talking about the non-pool related stuff?
Let's start with the thread title. It's not a sentence, just a bunch of words, like this: CHALK DUST GETTING IN POOL HOTEL FILTER DAMAGE?

We were not there at the hotel. It either was or wasn't excessively humid in the room where the table is located. It doesn't matter if is caused buy a swimming pool or the outdoor environment. We can't tell you what the humidity level is in the room based on what you've said. It could be like a sauna or it could be air conditioned to the point that it is as dry as any other indoor space. How much humidity is in the air near the pool table is all that matters here and you've given us everything but that information.

Yes, of course humidity can cause damage to wood. I think you probably know that. Slow down and string a group of rational thoughts together.

Sent from the future.

Last edited:

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's start with the thread title. It's not a sentence, just a bunch of words.

We were not there at the hotel. It either was or wasn't excessively humid in the room where the table is located. It doesn't matter if is caused buy a swimming pool or the outdoor environment. We can't tell you what the humidity level is in the room based on what you've said. It could be like a sauna or it could be air conditioned to the point that it is as dry as any other indoor space.

Yes, humidity can cause damage to wood. I think you probably know that. Slow down and string a group of rational thoughts together.

Sent from the future.

Thread titles are supposed to give you enough information so you can know if you want to click on it and read more. I gave you all the info I had. I have no idea how humid it was. All i know is you could feel the difference by walking into the room.

I really am surprised no one has played pool in a hotel with a swimming pool in the same room. This is the third hotel I know of that does this. This is the first place I have played on a table though.

I am not sure how I am not rational. Everything I say seems rational to me.