12.75 or bigger--lowest deflection shafts

Johnboy73

Johnboy
Which LD shafts 12.75 or bigger has the lowest deflection? Everyone talks about lowest deflecting shafts, but its always the small diameter ones. I never get to hear the deflection numbers for the larger shafts.

Last edited:

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the Predator Vantage was designed specifically for this...large diameter, super low deflection. They say it has the lightest front end mass of all their shafts.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Which LD shafts 12.75 or bigger has the lowest deflection? Everyone talks about lowest deflecting shafts, but its always the small diameter ones. I never get to hear the deflection numbers for the larger shafts.

OB Cues have 11.75. 12.75 and even 13.25. I've shot with them all, and they are close, but the 11.75 def has the edge, but some folks don't like how thin the shaft is because they are use to shooting with something larger. I love my 11.75 though !!

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the bigger diameter ld shafts 12.75mm and higher I would still think the 314 has the lowest deflection followed very closely by the ob version. Talking purely deflection and not feel though.

denzilla171

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In comparing a Lucasi Zero Flex Point shaft with a freind's Predator 314, the deflection was very similar, at least as best we could tell given the large difference in tip size making it difficult to make identical hits...

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
The OB 1+ and OB Classic +. The Vantage and 314-3. OB is the way to go between the price, performance and warranty. The Mezz HPII is pretty close to the above and I'm assuming the Ex Pro is in the same boat.

Woofresh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

BD SS360/2......mines a full 13mm

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
The Predator Vantage is a CONICAL taper, just so you know. It gets VERY FAT very quickly but does have low deflection.

JoeyA

plhlolelnlilx

F.I.S.H.
Silver Member
I have played with all of the Predator shafts and the OB+ Pro and OB+ Classic. I can only imagine that the OB+ XL is just as good as the other two if you're looking for a large shaft.

The Predator shafts definitely have lower deflection but they hit completely dead compared to the OB's. The OB shaft cost is lower and after you adjust to them, there it no comparison as to which one hit's better or spins the ball better. They feel like solid maple shafts with low deflection properties.

I've had friends who have been using Predator shafts play with my OB 121 and they will miss ball after ball not knowing how to adjust. I explain that because the ball is coming off the tip with so much power transfer, they can let the cue do more of the work. Once you figure out the amount of power you want to use for a shot, pull back about 20% and magically they start pocketing everything from everywhere.

I absolutely hated the old design but OB really has something special with the new solid SR-6 lamination.

Johnboy73

Johnboy
I've shot with a 314-3 for a bit and a Jacoby edge. Edge seemed a lot stiffer to me. I've never shot with an OB plus. I like the larger shafts cause they seem a little more forgiving if ur stroke is off. I'm going to get a LD shaft soon, just trying to figure out which one. I don't have a place around here I can try different ones. It will go on a Diveney butt.