This players pure tech hxt 66 looks so cool!!!

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been thinking up designed to put a cue together from wood I buy or bone cues and this is a real fancy version of what I had in mind. The short phenolic joint parts the handle being longer (I was thinking stack leather and hoppe ring. Bumperless w spot for extension) but this looks cool too.

Anyone played with one of thee? I hit a few balls with one and I really liked it. Except for the LD bit. Shaft tape is good.

The chick that had it got f'd n the a on the price by fresno's own "Mecca" Billiards. They more than doubled the price on her. And from the looks she bought a whole set up from the. Too

Here's a link to pictures
http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cues/players/players_hxt66.htm

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member
Yep, the Pure X HXT cues play really well, and are a great deal for price you can get one for..

I sell them, and have a few of this model in stock, with both the 12.75mm HXT shaft, and the Skinny 11.75mm HXT shaft..

PM me for a good price if interested in one

PS - I have have several of the other HXT models in stock as as well...

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought one of these when I finally decided to graduate from a Cuetec. I did not take to it. I don't know if it was the slightly thinner shaft. (How much difference can .25mm even make?) anyway, I got a sweet Schon off a friend and only take this out to remind me how much I dislike it. Let me know if you want to take it off my hands.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought one of these when I finally decided to graduate from a Cuetec. I did not take to it. I don't know if it was the slightly thinner shaft. (How much difference can .25mm even make?) anyway, I got a sweet Schon off a friend and only take this out to remind me how much I dislike it. Let me know if you want to take it off my hands.

What do u want for it? What u want for just the shaft?

desertshark

Racks on racks on racks
Silver Member
Action cues are good solid cheap cues too. I was looking at a inlay #12. Real inlays and a plain traditional style. I was thinking it wouldn't look bad with a hoppe ring. Matched rings and all that. My teenaged son saw one at a local pool supply store and the guy let him take a few hits with it. He loved it. The sticker price is under $100.

Solomon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a 5 Players cues all together. 3 regular Players and 2 HXT models. I love them. I think they are a great value when compared to some other brands. I'll be honest though, I don't know if I notice very much difference between the HXT models vs. the non-LD models. I subscribe to the theory that a cue won't make you a better player. I've run plenty of racks with 1 piece house cues with push on tips. The thing that your own cue will do for you is give you consistency, and you will get better quicker (with practice) because you're using the same piece of equipment.

Once you're playing with a solid cue, which Players is, everything else comes down to the aesthetic preferences of each individual (which does absolutely nothing for you when you're leaning over the table and concentrating on your shot).

BTW, here is a YouTube Playlist of me breaking and running out 50 racks of 8 Ball (filmed on separate occasions). I'm using a Players HXT in racks 50 - 5. I'm using a Players Sneaky Pete in racks 4 - 1. If you only watch 1 clip, skip to rack 17 (my favorite).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTdasCoMgpE&list=PLSRJqnsZa5Kzzlh_8XbtzmzQ9BH0q4B43

Last edited:

Solomon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another great "cheapie" is Raid cues.

Action cues are good solid cheap cues too. I was looking at a inlay #12. Real inlays and a plain traditional style. I was thinking it wouldn't look bad with a hoppe ring. Matched rings and all that. My teenaged son saw one at a local pool supply store and the guy let him take a few hits with it. He loved it. The sticker price is under $100.

Rage cues are another decent cheap cue. They may not be great, but you can usually find them online for less than $30 delivered. I would suggest Rage cues to any beginner looking to get into the sport. Once they graduate to a nicer cue, they can always use the Rage cue as a break cue or back-up cue.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rage cues are another decent cheap cue. They may not be great, but you can usually find them online for less than $30 delivered. I would suggest Rage cues to any beginner looking to get into the sport. Once they graduate to a nicer cue, they can always use the Rage cue as a break cue or back-up cue.

what's the shaft wood and taper like?

Solomon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member