Silver Member

Attachments

• 33472178_10155669073197239_448713830621511680_n.jpg
    33472178_10155669073197239_448713830621511680_n.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 456

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not much of a guard dog. She might look a little more ferocious if you took the bows out of her hair. But probably not!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not much of a guard dog. She might look a little more ferocious if you took the bows out of her hair. But probably not!

She's actually an excellent guard dog. She can hear (and smell) someone approaching our house from the outside and will immediately start barking. Just a delivery man coming to our front gate will set her off. She definitely has acute hearing and smell far beyond ours.

She always knows when we are back in our neighborhood after we go out for a drive. She can smell it in the air somehow, and will pick her head up like she's ready to get out of the car. She can also feel the vibration (and sound) of cars coming into our driveway. She knows our car and will be quiet and come to the door to greet us. But if it's someone else driving in she will start to growl.

At night I'm glad to have her in the bedroom with us. If anyone tried to get into our house she would let me know right away. That's all the time I need. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay, I didn't see any provision for AC in the living space and I'm wondering if it just relies on the engine-mounted AC for cooling throughout. If so, you may want to consider having a rooftop AC unit added. Having built a few custom RVs myself, I can attest to the fact that they accumulate heat pretty badly, and it can be a bummer to have to run the engine all night just to stay cool.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jay, I didn't see any provision for AC in the living space and I'm wondering if it just relies on the engine-mounted AC for cooling throughout. If so, you may want to consider having a rooftop AC unit added. Having built a few custom RVs myself, I can attest to the fact that they accumulate heat pretty badly, and it can be a bummer to have to run the engine all night just to stay cool.

Good suggestion, thank you.

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You might consider the car might not be ready for a long road trip. I bought an older Toyota Land Cruiser, had it shipped to me from Montana. It was supposed to be a "weekend cabin car". It ran, but not far :)

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
She's actually an excellent guard dog. She can hear (and smell) someone approaching our house from the outside and will immediately start barking. Just a delivery man coming to our front gate will set her off. She definitely has acute hearing and smell far beyond ours.

She always knows when we are back in our neighborhood after we go out for a drive. She can smell it in the air somehow, and will pick her head up like she's ready to get out of the car. She can also feel the vibration (and sound) of cars coming into our driveway. She knows our car and will be quiet and come to the door to greet us. But if it's someone else driving in she will start to growl.

At night I'm glad to have her in the bedroom with us. If anyone tried to get into our house she would let me know right away. That's all the time I need. :rolleyes:
We prefer Security Dog.:wink: AA34CDBA-CB7A-4821-AD73-77338F74A0AB.jpeg
She is also a Therapy Dog. She has been in therapy for years.:wink: Jack Russell and Boston Terrorist.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Edit.........I see you got the issue resolved Jay. I will leave this up for others considering doing the same:

My experience for others benefit down the road:

Shipping on a vehicle is very pricey......but taking an unknown vehicle for a 2,000 mile road trip can be even more expensive. Hotels..repairs, being stranded in god knows where...etc. It should be around $1500 max to have it show up on the curb in front of the house. Of course if you and the seller have a pay and get the title in person or walk away deal that drive home is a better gamble. If you do the drive sign up for triple AAA first!

Last edited:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

We had a Pekingese that we brought to our country house 105 miles away every year. He'd be laying on the back seat-couldn't see outside. In the same spot every time about a half mile from the cottage, he'd lift his head up and start sniffing and then stand up all excited wagging his tail. He knew.

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Mr Helfert, Thanks for showing the Ford Truck conversion.
Looks like you're in for a good time, Good Luck, Bon Voyage :grin-square:

Steve Dickey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay,

I picked up a Corvette in Milwaukee 8 months ago. Left at noon Monday, back in Thousand Oaks by midnight Tuesday, no sweat. I stayed one night in Nebraska.

Anniversary Steve

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It has air shocks if that's what you mean.

Some of the ambulances actually have air bags instead of springs in the back. It gives a pretty sweet ride inside and they can lower it for easier Patient loading and unloading if needed depending on terrain. Sadly I have way to much experience with Ambulances and local transport vans:(

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Some of the ambulances actually have air bags instead of springs in the back. It gives a pretty sweet ride inside and they can lower it for easier Patient loading and unloading if needed depending on terrain. Sadly I have way to much experience with Ambulances and local transport vans:(

Maybe he said air bags and I heard air shocks. I will definitely check that out after it gets here. Due tomorrow or Monday.