mike webb

everide

Registered
hi, does anyone know how to get hold of mike webb?? he wont answer phone,.e-mail or letters. ordered cues almost six years ago. sent him 1200 dollars as down payment. had nothing but excuses and promises. now cant even get in touch with him.he was always very reliable. any info will help. I hate to have to drag him into court. he was always nice to my wife and myself .thank you everide

captainjko

Kirk
Silver Member
Had him do a repair for me a couple months ago. It went a week past what he said it would take. But he did do it.

The Kiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike is a stand up guy, coming on here and bashing him on a public forum is real weak form. I would bet there is more to this story than being one sided. Take a ride to Snookers on Weds night and you will find Mike more often then not.

For the record I have his # and he will never answer calls when he is working but he always calls back if you leave a message. If Mike finds out you are on here bashing him you think that is going to help facilitate things???

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Mike is a stand up guy, coming on here and bashing him on a public forum is real weak form. I would bet there is more to this story than being one sided. Take a ride to Snookers on Weds night and you will find Mike more often then not.

For the record I have his # and he will never answer calls when he is working but he always calls back if you leave a message. If Mike finds out you are on here bashing him you think that is going to help facilitate things???

Not really bashing, just stating fact it sounds like. If cues are years overdue, it's not jumping the gun to post on here about it...

CSykes24

www.coreysykes.com
Silver Member

I think your opinion of Mike is a little one-sided as well. No need to call OP out when all he asked is for information on how to get in touch with him or find him, because he paid for cues SIX YEARS AGO.

Sorry, I don't care who you are -- it doesn't take SIX years to build a cue. I understand some makers like Southwest and other large names have a waiting list. That's perfectly fine and all, but you shouldn't have to reach out to others to get contact information for someone you paid six years ago. The absolute, absolute least they can do is keep you informed on the process of your cue.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Mike is a stand up guy, coming on here and bashing him on a public forum is real weak form.

Where was the bashing? I just saw a statement of fact and a completely understandable request for information. What do you expect the OP to do when the cue maker will no longer answer/respond to any of three totally different types of communication/contact attempts (voice, letter, email)? He should just sit around and wait, and wait, and wait in perpetuity to see if the cue maker will one day maybe hopefully decide to respond to him maybe months or years down the road?

He did what was reasonable. Ask the public if they are aware of any reason for the cue maker to be ignoring his contact attempts, because there is a chance the cue maker has been ill, hospitalized, in jail, or maybe just changed their contact info, etc.

And by the way, if you avoid and ignore a customer for an extended period of time after you have their money (and presumably after the estimated completion date has come and gone as well), you aren't fully a stand up guy. Yes there may be more to the story, but short of being in a coma or dead there is never an excuse, ever, for a lack of communication.

The Kiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The OP is not being professional. Coming on a chat board to roast another person is just childish. The OP did not pay for the sticks in full he put down a deposit. Mike is only making a few sticks a year and I think he just had a 3 year period where he was not taking any more orders. So it very well could be taking this long.

Mike is on my short list of people who have actually earned and deserve my respect. Some guy with 8 posts on this site bashing someone else should get called out.

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The OP is not being professional. Coming on a chat board to roast another person is just childish. The OP did not pay for the sticks in full he put down a deposit. Mike is only making a few sticks a year and I think he just had a 3 year period where he was not taking any more orders. So it very well could be taking this long.

Mike is on my short list of people who have actually earned and deserve my respect. Some guy with 8 posts on this site bashing someone else should get called out.

What does the guy having 8 posts have to do with anything?

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member

Sorry, but you couldn't be 180 degrees more wrong on this one. Unprofessional is failing to meet deadlines and then failing to have good communication about it with the customer. Unprofessional is ignoring and avoiding many different forms of contact attempts from said customer and absolutely refusing to communicate with them.

I didn't see anything the least bit unprofessional about the OP's post. He [presumably] factually stated a situation at hand, without trying to be dramatic about it, and asked if anyone knew of any reason why Mike wouldn't be able to communicate with him, and if not if there was a better way to contact him other than the three methods he had already tried.

I will ask you again, and please answer. If the OP has mailed letters, emailed, and called by phone repeatedly over time, and Mike refuses to respond, if posting on AzB asking isn't the correct course of action in your opinion then what do you think the correct course of action is? Just wait around for years to see if Mike will ever contact him, and if Mike never contacts the OP before he dies decades later then oh well? What should the OP do when Mike refuses to communicate with him, and how long should he wait before he does it?

To me and other posters this sounds like a classic case where your bias of knowing and liking Mike is not allowing you to see the reality of his actions. And for your information having 8 posts is absolutely immaterial to anything here.

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think your opinion of Mike is a little one-sided as well. No need to call OP out when all he asked is for information on how to get in touch with him or find him, because he paid for cues SIX YEARS AGO.

Sorry, I don't care who you are -- it doesn't take SIX years to build a cue. I understand some makers like Southwest and other large names have a waiting list. That's perfectly fine and all, but you shouldn't have to reach out to others to get contact information for someone you paid six years ago. The absolute, absolute least they can do is keep you informed on the process of your cue.

In my opinion this post is right on.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What does the guy having 8 posts have to do with anything?

it means he's not really part of this community and might have just started the account to bash one of us. it really makes me question weather anything the guy says is true at all.

a regular here on az isn't going to risk their reputation and the trust that comes with it for some petty bs. i bought a shaft from an az'r (he's defiantly a regular here) and it didn't show up for 5 weeks!!! i didn't panic because a guy that's on here that much isn't going to burn me for $150. he said he shipped it and that was good enough for me. if that same guy told me that a new member, with only 8 posts, burned him for $150 i would take it as a fact and not trust that person for any amount of cash

gogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kinda lonely for us new members then isn't it?
For what it is worth ( not much, being new and all) I thought the orig post was reasonable.

* wish I had started this crap earlier *

stiqs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's wrong with this post? Absolutely nothing. A concerned customer who wants to find out how to communicate with the Cuemaker. I suggest your last option should be a Pigeon Mail to Mr Webb. Good luck with your situation my friend. Hope it works out for you.

stiqs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
8 posts has zero power over 1 itrader.

I was told by many in this community that it's hard to trust someone with 0 itrader. I hope they are wrong.

ssbn610g

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Looks like the guy/gal joined in 2011.

Since you have the # and seem to be friendly with Mike, why don't you call Mike and find out what is going on or ask Mike to call/pm this member. Might make everyone happy.

Al

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry, but you couldn't be 180 degrees more wrong on this one. Unprofessional is failing to meet deadlines and then failing to have good communication about it with the customer. Unprofessional is ignoring and avoiding many different forms of contact attempts from said customer and absolutely refusing to communicate with them.

I didn't see anything the least bit unprofessional about the OP's post. He [presumably] factually stated a situation at hand, without trying to be dramatic about it, and asked if anyone knew of any reason why Mike wouldn't be able to communicate with him, and if not if there was a better way to contact him other than the three methods he had already tried.

I will ask you again, and please answer. If the OP has mailed letters, emailed, and called by phone repeatedly over time, and Mike refuses to respond, if posting on AzB asking isn't the correct course of action in your opinion then what do you think the correct course of action is? Just wait around for years to see if Mike will ever contact him, and if Mike never contacts the OP before he dies decades later then oh well? What should the OP do when Mike refuses to communicate with him, and how long should he wait before he does it?

To me and other posters this sounds like a classic case where your bias of knowing and liking Mike is not allowing you to see the reality of his actions. And for your information having 8 posts is absolutely immaterial to anything here.

What he wrote. Though I would like to hear the other side of the story.