Thomas Wayne = Banned?

al-capool

Imagine all the people...
Silver Member
A few minutes ago, I saw that below Thomas Wayne's name is mentioned Banned!

So I really would like to know, if he's really banned from AZB and if yes WHY?

Or is he using the word Banned only as he's Custom User title?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
A few minutes ago, I saw that below Thomas Wayne's name is mentioned Banned!

So I really would like to know, if he's really banned from AZB and if yes WHY?

Or is he using the word Banned only as he's Custom User title?

Read post #62 of this thread....Rick makes him a bit crazy...
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=406779
...he is an excellent poster, most of the time....lotta knowledge and very literate.

carguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think Mr. Wayne was banned for pointing out that Rick's terrible idea was terrible, as he certainly was not the only one to do so, just the most eloquent.
And I certainly don't think that it was unreasonable for him to vocally doubt the veracity of a new poster with no name and no known credentials. At least some sort of introduction would have been nice.

I think Mr. Wayne was banned because of long standing bad blood between himself and Dave Wilson, the moderator here, involving what the "rules" of the forum are and if they are applied in an even-handed manner. In my observation, they are not.

A few years ago, Mr. Wilson incorrectly banned a certain then new to the forum cuemaker from Texas, LGSM3, who had just been pretty savagely lambasted by Rick and bore no blame in the incident. Mr. Wilson had apparently not even read the whole thread to see who was really the bad actor. I pointed this out to Mr. Wilson at that time via PM and he rescinded the banishment. No apology was ever tendered although one was certainly due.

I think Mr. Wayne's current banning was along the same lines.
With all that was said in the thread in question: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=406779
, Ray Charles could see that Mr. Wayne certainly did not stand alone in his criticism of a truly bad idea. In fact I believe that his utterance of the term "bull*hit", was one of the least of the derogatory terms used in the thread.

I can think no reason for Mr. Wayne's banning except for:
1) a personal bias against him, or
2)a failure of the moderator to completely read the thread which , as I pointed out, would not be the first time, although it seems this should be a fundamental duty of a moderator.

Robin Snyder

Last edited: