Real or Counterfeit?

Spintowin

Registered
I was looking to buy this Aramith Stone ball set but I'm not 100% sure they are not counterfeit. Can someone help me please?

Attachments

• 9609af2b99166aea6bcda8a8af48c087.jpeg
    9609af2b99166aea6bcda8a8af48c087.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 809

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New or Used set in the photo? They look pretty good / close to the ones showing on the Aramith website. I don't know why anyone would counterfeit a set of balls that aren't worth that much anyway, so I'd be quite confident they are authentic. You can PM me if you'd like me to get you a price quote, brand new, from a reputable dealer.

Last edited:

Spintowin

Registered
They are opened but the guy says they are new. I heard there are a lot of counterfeits out there so I thought it best to ask,

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
You may never know, but you will always wonder.

Spend a couple extra bucks and support a reputable dealer.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It looks like they are in an Aramith box. Since the retail price is $190 or so, I'd guess a reasonable used price is about half of that. That's not a lot to worry about. How's the seller's feedback?

Spintowin

Registered
It looks like they are in an Aramith box. Since the retail price is $190 or so, I'd guess a reasonable used price is about half of that. That's not a lot to worry about. How's the seller's feedback?

It's listed on letgo so there is no feedback. I'm 100% sure its an aramith box but as it is opened the balls could be fake. At this point i'm thinking they are the real deal and worst case scenario I just lose $100. I will compare the picture with what he brings to me because he could still pull a bait and switch on me.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
EXACTLY what i was thinking. To each-his-own i guess but these are UGLY big-time.
They are reminiscent of a style from the early 1900s where the pattern on the surface looked like confetti. They look like they could be useful to someone who likes to pick out a spot on the ball to hit -- just the opposite of snooker balls.

Aramith also makes a camo set in case you want your pool balls to match your Humvee. :thumbup:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It would take a set of balls to counterfeit something that ugly. :D
Jason
It looks like the pattern would be fairly hard to duplicate. That with the limited market would discourage counterfeiters when more popular sets are easier to fake.

Spintowin

Registered
Granted it isn't my first choice in design but for the moment it will do. I'm playing with some old cheap balls right now and they are leaving burn marks in my new top of the line felt. I cant have that.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Granted it isn't my first choice in design but for the moment it will do. I'm playing with some old cheap balls right now and they are leaving burn marks in my new top of the line felt. I cant have that.
I imagine that is just from the cue ball. You can change that out separately if the object balls aren't too small from wear.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
For the most part yes I can say that it is from the cue ball. As far as the others being too small I cant say. I've been thinking about getting this set from pooldawgs https://www.pooldawg.com/product/super-aramith-pro-cup-value-pack-pool-and-billiard-balls-set . What is the difference between that set and this one https://www.pooldawg.com/product/aramith-tournament-pro-cup-tv-set ? Other than the obvious extras you get.
The fancier design has their new surface technology which presumably gives a harder, smoother surface. I have a set and they don't seem to need cleaning as often but I haven't done any careful testing.

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
Letgo definitely has a feedback and rating system, but being one of the less popular buy/sell apps, it’s not unusual for people to have zero ratings.