Michael Li cue

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
who shoots with one, it seems like some have been sold and bought here as well as other places, but I have been unable to find any note worthy reviews of the cue, but I got a figure that there are some out there using them! I really don't want this to turn into a bashing contest, just some honest info please, and yes I am asking after the fact but it is not in my hands yet, so before a tip is chalked I was wanting some info I figure I can still sell it for what I have in it and by something else in the same price range. I haven't played in years and have owned and sold Schrager, Padgett, and when I was real young a Tad, but these are now way out of my range. thanks for any input.

Ron

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought 2 of them, presumably directly or through his dealer. They were both SW knock off designs.

One was ebony nose with purpleheart (or stained that way) and a single veneer. It also was a very rare radial pinned Li. Absolutely great with the best leather wrap. The seam could not be found without full light. I sold it to a friend reluctantly. Unfortunately, it warped below the joint. If I could go back in time, I would have kept it. Maybe with better luck.

The other one had multiple veneers and a more typical design of a Li cue, 3/8-11. I also sold it off, without regrets. I hope it is still straight.

I got all of my money back. YMMV

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
in spite of the problems how did they play up till the problems became noticeable, were they decent playing or were they a weak hitter, not solid, can you tell me more, and I would think that there are still others out there that have and shoot with one.

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used an aftermarket shaft on the radial ebony cue. They both hit great. The shafts weighed about 3.5 ounces, good solid maple.

If you can find a nice one at a good price, that has been in your area for a while, go for it.

I think the audience for this site are more custom cue users. Plus, not a lot of traffic in this sub forum.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the info, I was already thinking about an extra shaft the cue should be here today so I will find out sooner than later how well it will shoot.

rburgoyne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently picked up a Pazzion cue, although I didn't know who made it when I bought it. I've played with it for a couple weeks now and it plays pretty good. Not as solid of a cue as I am use to, and it seems to deflect more than I am use to (no I don't use anything LD). With all that said, I find myself having to back off on how much spin I put on it. You can get a lot. It may be the soft tip that's on it, which did mushroom after the first week or so.
Too early to tell if it's going to warp or anything. It has a decent finish and the points, although uneven, are nice and sharp. I feel it's a lot f cue for the money and I'm glad I got it.

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have not played that much with mine yet, I got it Monday and played a little with it on Tuesday. I found about the same so far, the cue is a very good looking cue but a little light on the finish, the points are like what you mentioned. having not played in over 20 years at least it is like starting over again so the talk about LD shafts is all knew to me, I was speaking with an old friend of mine that lives in Cali he is on here as Da Barber and he said I might want to get an LD shaft maid for it. I am really looking forward to playing more with it. I would still like to hear from others that have bought and using them, I know they are out there.