New Guy

Mark44

Registered
Hi all...Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been lurking for awhile and it was this forum that made me want to become more active. Great topics!! Good responses!! Nice to see everyone trying to help one another to reach that common goal......better, smarter pool!!
I got hooked on straight pool about a year ago...I dabbled previously but now it seems as though the other games just don't compare. The concentration and punishment from unforced errors is unparallel....but you all already know this.
As far as my skill level, I feel I'm decent..I can put a guy in the chair for a few racks, just hit a new high run the other day of 60 and hopefully that one will be falling soon as well:D Anywho...wanted to say hi and i look forward to being a part of this forum!!!!

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
Welcome aboard... where do you live? Is straight pool played much in your local room?

- Steve

BillYards

Playing Style: Wu Tang Fu
Silver Member
Mark:

Welcome to the best billiards forum on The Net. Don't flame anyone until you have 5 posts under your belt, ok? After that, anything goes! haha!

Peace, Man!

Mark44

Registered
Steve Lipsky said:
Welcome aboard... where do you live? Is straight pool played much in your local room?

- Steve
I'm in western Pennsylvania, more specifically...Erie, PA. There's quite a few guys that play straight in the local pool room and some good enough where if you miss....get out your pad and pencil and start taking notes. Had a guy go 98 and out on a buddy of mine a week or 2 ago...very respectable!
Overall, seems like a little resurgance in the game....you'll always have your typical..."you can make any ball on the table?,,,that games too easy" type of guy but the players who know...play straight!

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Welcome aboard, Mark. This is a great forum that is filled with a treasure chest of straight pool knowledge. Be sure to get your high run listed on the high run list. The list is a lot of fun, 2006's high run was 245 by "US Open Champion John Schmidt" (is it fantastic to be able to address John in that manner, or is it just me?). John's run is available on DVD and highly recommended if you want to learn more about this great game. I'm not sure what you win for getting the high run for the year, but in John's case it was preview of great things that were on the horizon for his career.