On The Road Again with Perfect Aim....

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good advice..........

The Rack or Anytime Billiards?

You and I are the same age... I've been doing yoga for my shoulder problems and having really good results. Have you tried yoga? I'm using it more as a preventative, not so much as a cure.

Jeff Livingston

Yoga is good. I've been stretching and I have a yoga book right here. I'm just going to have to start using it.

The hardest part of this whole accident is the concussion I got. I stop at stop signs to wait until they turn green. If nobody was in back of me to honk I might still be there.

Put sausage in the microwave. I'm having eggs, toast and sausage. I forget the sausage in the microwave and eat the eggs and toast and wonder the next day why the sausage is in the microwave. You think I would have noticed the sausage missing but that's part of a concussion. Doesn't make sense. Is what it is.

If I'm going to the car to get something I need to keep repeating it all the way to the car or I will not remember what I went out there for.

many that have bumped their head real bad understand what I'm talking about.

Need to get better quick. Got to get over to Clive Iowa and do some teaching. I might be safe to set it up now a couple of weeks out.

Plus that yoga would be good for all the other aches and pains we get in our 60's and 70's.

It will be fun to be back down in Iowa. When I was younger my dad traveled and worked. Up until I was about 8 years old we lived in Alden, Marshalltown, Fort Dodge, Cedar Rapis, Waterloo and DesMoines. So I feel right at home in Iowa for sure. So many nice people.

Anyway Jeff, When I get down there you need to come over for a free tuneup and I can show you all the new information on Perfect Aim.

See ya soon...........

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Y(snip)

Anyway Jeff, When I get down there you need to come over for a free tuneup and I can show you all the new information on Perfect Aim.

See ya soon...........

You can help me tune up my aim and I might be able to help you with your head injury problems.

I'm pretty much on auto-pilot with my aim nowadays, not consciously calculating my head position like I was doing when I first learned your stuff. I'm interested in anything new you have, of course, and I'm sure I've screwed up something that you can see right away.

Wes and Shawn have opened Anytime Billiards, their shop for their Diamond distributorship. They have a membership system there where players can use their big showroom tables for play, 24/7, and can bring the own drinks ,etc. It will be interesting to see how it goes for them with that business plan.

Jeff Livingston

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got a team of Perfect Aim guys playing in a team MPA event..........

I need to see my surgeon. Neck is getting worse. Doc gave me 5 days worth of prednisone, steroid, didn't help much.

Tried out a new shaft tonight. Shot about 10 shots and then I was toast.

Got an MPA tournament 15 minutes from my house this weekend but will probably have to pass.

All I need though is to get this a little more under control and I will teach up a storm.

Perfect Aim..... Next stop Clive, Iowa............

My neck has been getting worse instead of better. chances are something is loose in my fused neck, or I messed up the disc below or above the fusion. Many pops and snaps. Some hurt and some don't but there sure is allot of noise everytime I turn or bend the neck. Had an MRI last Tuesday. Can't get in to see the surgeon again until this Wed.
Chad Cunningham from wis. asked me about a month ago if I would play in this MPA tourney this weekend. I told him I would let him know because I had just got rear ended down in Rockford, Ill. about a week before this. Got knocked out, concussion again, so I wasn't thinking too straight either. Was trying to play in the local tournament and still won one here and there but sometimes I just couldn't play at all. I've played with allot of pain in my neck ever since the accident the eventually led to the fusion, so the pain isn't the problem. This time it effected my right shoulder and right arm also. The thumb and next 2 fingers go numb . It seems like it all depends on how I lay when I sleep. Either I can play that day or I can't play at all no matter what I do.

I played in the 9 ball tournament and went 2 and out. The way I played I couldn't have beaten anyone that could play at all.

I matched up that night thinking maybe I just needed to get playing some more. Lost the first set. I was playing the first guy I lost to in the 9 ball. Got the bet raised up which wasn't too hard to do because of my great shooting so far. Then I commenced to winning the next 2 sets. This guy could play too. I was ahead the second set 6-1 and he ran 4 racks to make it 6-5.

Played the next day in the 8 ball and the same thing. I would just miss unless I short stroked. it was pretty terrible.

Now I'm in a pickle here because the guys from my home town are on this team. I'm almost certainly going to let them down real bad in this team thing and we got a shot at $10.000.00 for first place. Then one of the guys on the team was telling me that Danny Olsens team members had some trouble getting there so he was looking for a team.

It wasn't a tough decision for me at all. Rounded up Danny, even gave him my room and the team was all set. Danny was having trouble getting a room and might have even slept in the car? I don't know, but this took care of everything all the way around. If these guys knew what I was going through they would know how elated I was to have Danny fill in.

The good news is these are my home town boys. Right out of Eau Claire, Wisconsin. And they all love cheese. In fact Ryan Logan, my most recent Perfect Aim lesson, works for another friend of mine, Mike Whiteside, the owner of Mikes Chees House.

I was thinking today, I could have been selfish and stayed and played to get a shot at the money but the thought never even crossed my mind the day before. I love these guys as a team and would feel terrible to let them down. I never felt so good about not playing in my life.

We'll have to see how they hold up to the pressure.

I'm going to say that they get to the final match. After that it's a dream come true if they win the big show at the end.

I guess I'm all done talkin. Now get chalkin and win this darn tournament........

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Heart Surgery on the 17th of August..........

I finally found out why I have no energy. My mitro valve is totally shot. The aortic valve is leaking pretty good and so is one of the other ones. I'm scheduled at Fairview Southdale hospital here in Edina, Mn with a great surgeon.

I will be getting a call from Mayo, Rochester Tuesday or Wed to see if I can get the robotic surgery done. If so I will probably wait until I can get into Mayo but I don't know if I can wait another month and a half. Might just need to go with the 17th anyway.

It finally got so bad that I just almost can't do anything. I've had this mitro valve thing going on even back in the 90's and that's why I quit playing pool in 1999. I just couldn't play at the level I could anymore and it was a stamina thing for sure.

The mitro valve is a one way valve that allows the blood thru from one heart chamber to the other but then is supposed to close. Mine doesn't close. The surgeon called it tattered. So when the other chamber pumps to send the blood into the body much of it just goes back into the chamber that it came from. Bot good.

What this causes is a lot of tired. Just plum wore out. Exhausted. Hard to play pool like that.

I'll be 5 to 7 days in the hospital and then for about 2 weeks be in a rehab place. Then I can go home but with many restrictions. 8 weeks to heal pretty good and 12 weeks for a full recovery so they say.

I will be playing again as soon as my energy comes back. And I will be teaching also doing many free Perfect Aim seminars in the Minneapolis area and then spread out across the country.

Anyway I will be back. Just wanted to let everyone know why I kind of disappeared.

Believe me when I say this is the calm before the storm.

As soon as I'm healthy I will be teaching up a storm all over the place. Everyone needs to know this Perfect aim that ever picks up a cue stick. I know that beyond a shadow of a doubt and so do all the people I've taught it to.

See you all in a few months or so.

Last edited:

Texdance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Geno - I've followed you and admired you for years. I expect a perfect surgery and easy rehab. My dad had heart surgery in the days when 4-way bypasses were just getting perfected, and he was like a new man after.

Here's wishing you the best.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Picture from a bygone era

Geno - I've followed you and admired you for years. I expect a perfect surgery and easy rehab. My dad had heart surgery in the days when 4-way bypasses were just getting perfected, and he was like a new man after.
Here's wishing you the best.
Left to right: U.J.Puckett, Joe Cosgrove, Junior Goff, Railroad John, (don't know), and Danny Jones. Around 1958-1959.
PoolTournament.jpg

RobMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Geno. My wife had mitral valve surgery 2 years ago at the age of 54. They were able to repair the valve instead of replacing which was great. No doubt a serious surgery - the hardest part of healing is the sternum.

God speed sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Well Gene, are you out of rehab. Let's hear an update from you.

JoeyA

I finally found out why I have no energy. My mitro valve is totally shot. The aortic valve is leaking pretty good and so is one of the other ones. I'm scheduled at Fairview Southdale hospital here in Edina, Mn with a great surgeon.

I will be getting a call from Mayo, Rochester Tuesday or Wed to see if I can get the robotic surgery done. If so I will probably wait until I can get into Mayo but I don't know if I can wait another month and a half. Might just need to go with the 17th anyway.

It finally got so bad that I just almost can't do anything. I've had this mitro valve thing going on even back in the 90's and that's why I quit playing pool in 1999. I just couldn't play at the level I could anymore and it was a stamina thing for sure.

The mitro valve is a one way valve that allows the blood thru from one heart chamber to the other but then is supposed to close. Mine doesn't close. The surgeon called it tattered. So when the other chamber pumps to send the blood into the body much of it just goes back into the chamber that it came from. Bot good.

What this causes is a lot of tired. Just plum wore out. Exhausted. Hard to play pool like that.

I'll be 5 to 7 days in the hospital and then for about 2 weeks be in a rehab place. Then I can go home but with many restrictions. 8 weeks to heal pretty good and 12 weeks for a full recovery so they say.

I will be playing again as soon as my energy comes back. And I will be teaching also doing many free Perfect Aim seminars in the Minneapolis area and then spread out across the country.

Anyway I will be back. Just wanted to let everyone know why I kind of disappeared.

Believe me when I say this is the calm before the storm.

As soon as I'm healthy I will be teaching up a storm all over the place. Everyone needs to know this Perfect aim that ever picks up a cue stick. I know that beyond a shadow of a doubt and so do all the people I've taught it to.

See you all in a few months or so.

Last edited:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
August 17th is my surgery date....

I'm waiting to here from Mayo. Rochester , Mn. They do the robotic surgery. It took about 5 weeks for Regions hospital to get all the records to Mayo so the surgeons could study them and see if I am a candidate for robotic surgery. With this they just go in through holes between the ribs and do everything with what looks like needle nose pliers. The healing time is greater because they don't crack the sternum wide open.

I went to Fairview Hospital thinking they also had the robotic surgery but found out after talking to the surgeon that they just do a less invasive surgery where they spread the ribs on the left side and do the surgery with their hands. I go in for a catscan to see if they can even do that. Something about being able to go up through the groin.

I should get a call from Mayo tomorrow or wed. and hear what the surgeon has to say there. If they would be able to do the robotic surgery I would be a fool to do the other. With the robotic the stay in the hospital is only 2 or 3 days versus 5 to 7 with the other.
With robotic I can go home and start healing there versus the other I'd be 2 weeks in a rehab center and then go home and be pretty rough for another 2 weeks with total healing about 12 weeks.

Bottom line is with the robotic surgery my body won't get so wrecked and I can get back to playing and teaching again real soon within a month or 2.

Can't wait to get something done though. Mayo is booked out until the end of September. I hate to wait that long but on the other hand I'd still be in pretty bad shape at the end of September doing it the other way.

Tough decision with the time factor.

I might even do some free Perfect Aim lessons over the phone while I'm healing like I did back in around 2011 when the motorhome fell on me. That was so much fun and I helped a lot of players. Over 900 to be exact.

Thanks everyone for all the kind words and prayers.

I never thought for a million years that I would be doing this but here we go. Another chapter and adventure in life. Looking for a smooth ride.

Oh, and by the way. It sure will be nice to play getting 100% of the blood my body needs to function properly. I will actually be able to practice again. Look out. Here we come. I might even seek out a sponsor or 2 and try my hand at playing in some pro events again.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Thanks for the update Gene.

Here's hoping you get the robotic surgery. Stay in touch.

JoeyA

I'm waiting to here from Mayo. Rochester , Mn. They do the robotic surgery. It took about 5 weeks for Regions hospital to get all the records to Mayo so the surgeons could study them and see if I am a candidate for robotic surgery. With this they just go in through holes between the ribs and do everything with what looks like needle nose pliers. The healing time is greater because they don't crack the sternum wide open.

I went to Fairview Hospital thinking they also had the robotic surgery but found out after talking to the surgeon that they just do a less invasive surgery where they spread the ribs on the left side and do the surgery with their hands. I go in for a catscan to see if they can even do that. Something about being able to go up through the groin.

I should get a call from Mayo tomorrow or wed. and hear what the surgeon has to say there. If they would be able to do the robotic surgery I would be a fool to do the other. With the robotic the stay in the hospital is only 2 or 3 days versus 5 to 7 with the other.
With robotic I can go home and start healing there versus the other I'd be 2 weeks in a rehab center and then go home and be pretty rough for another 2 weeks with total healing about 12 weeks.

Bottom line is with the robotic surgery my body won't get so wrecked and I can get back to playing and teaching again real soon within a month or 2.

Can't wait to get something done though. Mayo is booked out until the end of September. I hate to wait that long but on the other hand I'd still be in pretty bad shape at the end of September doing it the other way.

Tough decision with the time factor.

I might even do some free Perfect Aim lessons over the phone while I'm healing like I did back in around 2011 when the motorhome fell on me. That was so much fun and I helped a lot of players. Over 900 to be exact.

Thanks everyone for all the kind words and prayers.

I never thought for a million years that I would be doing this but here we go. Another chapter and adventure in life. Looking for a smooth ride.

Oh, and by the way. It sure will be nice to play getting 100% of the blood my body needs to function properly. I will actually be able to practice again. Look out. Here we come. I might even seek out a sponsor or 2 and try my hand at playing in some pro events again.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know Joey, I've had this going on for a long time. It went from kind of a problem in the 1990's to a big problem in around 2000. I quit playing pool because I couldn't win. Didn't have enough energy to play at the level I knew I could. When I started playing again in 2008 I was still real low energy but I had kind of gotten used to it. The last 4 years with all the surgeries I had I just thought I was really worn out and blamed my breathing problems on everything else except my heart. I might just start looking at sponsors to go play in a whole bunch of these big tourneys and give these young guys a run for those Mosconi Cup spots. OK, maybe that is a stretch right now but we'll see how it goes. One step at a time. If your going to Dream, Dream BIG.....

Last edited:

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
You know Joey, I've had this going on for a long time. It went from kind of a problem in the 1990's to a big problem in around 2000. I quit playing pool because I couldn't win. Didn't have enough energy to play at the level I knew I could. When I started playing again in 2008 I was still real low energy but I had kind of gotten used to it. The last 4 years with all the surgeries I had I just thought I was really worn out and blamed my breathing problems on everything else except my heart. I might just start looking at sponsors to go play in a whole bunch of these big tourneys and give these young guys a run for those Mosconi Cup spots. OK, maybe that is a stretch right now but we'll see how it goes. One step at a time.

Happy birthday, old man. :thumbup:

Jeff Livingston

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blessing in disguise...........Belated Birthday present...

Happy birthday, old man. :thumbup:

Jeff Livingston

Hi there Jeff, I was going to have the surgery here at Fairview Southdale in Edina, Mn 2 weeks ago but they did a CT angiogram and they found blood clots in my lungs and right leg. had to cancel the surgery.

The good news is I wanted to get the heart surgery done ay Mayo in Rochester because they are not only considered the best in the world but they have the robotics where they just put a few holes through the ribs and do it. Your under for twice the time but the physical down time afterwards is considerably less.

I started to pursue getting in there again and low and behold it seems to be working out this time. My physical health has went down some and I'm on blood thinners to try and get rid of the clots. This sometimes can take up to 3 months or more. They can do the surgery with the clots but it is a little more complicated and risky.

I really need to get this done. Not only has this drained me of my energy for years but I've kind of reached the end of the road as far as the body and heart can stand. I could hang in there for awhile yet but the quality of life is pretty tough. Just going to the store wears me out totally.

I've been playing in the weekly tournaments here in the Twin Cities and won all but one of them. I need to rest inbetween matches. If I don't sleep 10 to 12 hours the night before and take a 1 or 2 hour nap it gets to feeling like a survival mission to breath well and play. But if I wasn't going to these things I would just be sitting at home. Can't do much exercise because I just get wore out real quick. I guess the pool is pretty good exercise.

The amazing thing is the blood thinners have actually cleared up my vision. It has been blurry for a long time and sometimes just horrible. Plus before I got on them 2 weeks ago I wasn't sure if I was going to make it to the next day. Probably had something to do with the blood clots.

Mayo Called me a couple of days ago and I'm on their urgent to do list. Before I was trying yo get in there it was an almost 2 month wait. Looks like I can get in there in a couple weeks now depending on what they can do with the blood clots. Not sure about that.

So anyway the blood clots were kind of a blessing in disguise because now I can get the heart surgery at what is considered the top dogs in the world. Mayo in Rochester, Mn.

So I will be out there teaching again and I know now that I can get back to the higher level that I once played. I quit in 1999 because I just would run out of gas. So tired I could hardly walk. It was the heart then and all the way up until now.

Anyone that has had this problem knows how draining this can be. And how it can go undiagnosed for years blaming it on everything else.

I will be back so GET READY POOL WORLD...And remember I said this.

THIS IS THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM....THE PERFECT AIM STORM.....:):thumbup2:

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I'm a month older than you, so I appreciate your enthusiasm about playing better.

I'm playing the best pool of my life right now, as far as doing it right when at the table. Yet, at this age, I lose the motivation sometimes in the middle of a tourney, for example, even when I'm playing well.

Crap.

So, keep up the good stories...it helps me and probably you, too...and a few others around here, I'd guess...and good luck with the surgery at Mayo. They're the best, it is said.

Jeff Livingston

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Plan on it for sure......

Do you ever come through the Detroit Area?

john_oleson@comcast.net

Hi John. Right now I'm patiently waiting for heart surgery. Was supposed to have it about a month ago but they found a blood clot in the leg I had the knee replaced and multiple blood clots in both lungs. Lucky I made it thru that.

Now I'm on blood thinners to try and dissolve the clots and my surgery is now scheduled for nov 2nd. at Mayo, Rochester, Mn

The surgeon says he is 99% sure he can repair the damaged valves. This would be great.

Once I get fixed up I will have tons of energy and I plan on making some great videos on what I teach and travel again.

For the last 10 years I have been too tired to practice. If it wasn't for knowing how to get the eyes Perfect I could not play at the level I do right now.

Detroit is a great city and I will be scheduling free seminars around the country demonstrating how important Perfect Aim is to every single player on the planet.

It effects every single aspect of the game and was never uncovered before. Many people guessed and some were kind of close but an inch turned into a mile as far as learning how these eyes actually work.

Can't hardly wait to get this done and get on with life and helping pool players everywhere. This will blow the lid right off the charts.

Since my car accident in Peoria in 2013 I've just been so worn out from all the surgeries, 4 , and dealing with this bad heart thing.

When the valves are torn and calcified there is nothing else that can be done except to cut you open and fix them. Fortunately I will be doing the robotic surgery where they just put 3 holes in your chest. Everything is done thru these/ pretty amazing.

Now I just hope the clots will be gone by Nov. 2nd.

If you have a pool hall in Detroit that you play out of let me know. I've got about 7 right now to set up that I will be going to starting in Feb. assuming everything goes good.

I do these seminars to and then set up personal lessons for the next 2 weeks. Once the players that learn this talk to others it was hard for me to leave a poolhall at a certain scheduled time.

I did 27 3 hours lessons in one week in Minot, ND. But the norm was 10 to 15 while one the road.

The fun part was to see all the players games improve immediately and the other league players would complain because the handicaps were not fair now.

I can't hardly wait. I feel like my body right now has me in jail. Too tired to do anything. Playing in the weekly tournaments here in the Twin Cities and been winning many but the last few days have been rough. But I need to keep moving. You need to use it or lose it. The better shape I'm in on Nov. 2nd the sooner I will recover.

Let me know about that poolhall and I will contact them and get them on my list. They will be glad they are once I'm there. When players play better they like to play even more. Builds business real fast. I had a room for 13 years. I wish there was someone like me back then, but there was, it was me. Business was great.

Thanks John for the interest and give me an excuse to let all my friends know what's going on with me.

sbordona

Registered
Geno,

If your ever in the Tampa, Sarasota area please let me know. I have had a phone lesson but would really like a one on one lesson with you. Thanks again, and best wishes.