Please refund the money you owe!!

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well here is the truth. I sent him the cue butt and he wasnt happy with it. I told him send it back and I'll fix what he wasnt happy with. He agreed... after 3 or 4 more days he decided he wanted a refund. I told him ok I will refund you but gonna take me some time. Never one time did I day I wont refund him. Like I told him originally I will refund Ryan Roy his money. No need for all of this. When I originally told him 5 weeks that was to add a wrap and reclear the whole cue. Then added 2 more shafts and inlays, extension handle and jps and a matching jump break cue. So I have sent him the playing cue butt which he returned and I will be refunding him. Not going to bash him I wish him the best. Thanks

Was a time agreed upon and has that time passed?

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• Roy Jewelers BBB - a_LI.jpg
    Roy Jewelers BBB - a_LI.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 721
  • Roy Jewelers BBB - b_LI.jpg
    Roy Jewelers BBB - b_LI.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 732
  • Roy Jewelers BBB - c_LI.jpg
    Roy Jewelers BBB - c_LI.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 724
  • Roy Jewelers BBB - d_LI.jpg
    Roy Jewelers BBB - d_LI.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 734

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
You little POS, I hope the good people of AZBilliards will go to court to

STAND UP FOR BRENT SUMMERS.

This entire thread makes AZBilliards look like

EZEXTORTIONBILLIARDS, what a screwed up place this has become to allow this crap.

Everybody says that, the chances that there is actually a lawyer is less than 10%.
Lets say there is a lawyer, a contingency guy won't pursue this, it's not worth his time,
a retainer for most civil lawyers for this would be probably more than the cue. For several
hundred you could probably get a civil lawyer to write a letter, make a call, but to take
this to litigation would cost more than the cue. $2800.00 is still a Small Claims matter,
you don't a lawyer for that and across state lines, that can be pretty pricey.
This $2800 cue just became a $10000 (or more) cue.
A lawyer? that's really rich. Somehow it makes people feel better to threaten that, or to
really consider it for a minute, then reality takes hold.
Brent said he'd refund you, there's no argument there. Lets say you did sue, in about a couple
of months you'll have your first settlement conference, no deal will be reached,
several months later there'll be another one, and if you're lucky in 3 or so years there will be a trial,
that I might add you're not terribly likely to win. But lets say you do win -
the judge will order him to pay you back if you no longer want the cue. The will be no award of
attorneys fees because there was a settlement offer (he offered a refund early on, remember?)
so he'll be ordered to pay you back, in payments. Several months later you'll get the first $200
payment and about 2 years later you'll be made complete. That'll be in about April 2027.

All this for a $2800 cue that cost you about $12000 after the refund and you still have no cue.
A lawyer? That's really rich, fuggedaboudit! there's no lawyer

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
To the person who started this thread: I would like to be refunded my time I wasted reading this thread. You have until the end of the day before I start ruining your reputation because i'm unsatisfied.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have zero skin in this game but am a fan of facts and also want to make sure the wrong person doesn't get shit on - which is why I brought up the Proficient Billiards comment. I think it's important to know if a time-frame for repayment was discussed and if that time-frame has passed - this would clear up some things.

What is NOT in question - the OP ordered a cue, the builder took longer than expected to deliver a sub-par product (EDIT: sub-par to the OP's standards), the OP asked for a refund, the builder said he would refund him but it would take "some time" for that to happen, the OP has not been refunded yet.

What's in question:

When did the OP receive the cue. Given he contacted the builder in October and it took 5 months then he received the cue in March? Is that March of 2018 because if it was March 2019 then he clearly did not give the builder time to repay the money.

What does "some time" mean by the builder and why? Was a time-frame discussed and has that time passed - if no discussions then the OP is in the wrong, if time-frame was discussed and it has not passed then OP is in the wrong, if time-frame was discussed and time has passed then maybe the OP is in the right?

SamShaddey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Brent my blank you made turned out awesome! No issues with payment and delevery was right on time. Thankyou sir. Here's a pic.

Attachments

• 15518236621571376962779.jpg
    15518236621571376962779.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 645

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like Brent Summers block me after reading this: why does everything have to be a fight all I'm asking for is my money back after being lied to and deceived...

So where do I get my refund for the lying and deceiving you've perpetuated in this thread?

Just no class.

mrkdenton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess I don't know how things work around here in all circumstances, but allowing a thread with an inflammatory first post and then "I'll get back to everyone with the facts" seems pretty unreasonable, and reflects even more poorly on the person starting the thread. Not real impressed at this point, and will now be taking in any of the "details" with more than a few grains of salt.

I feel he stated the facts in his first post explaining what went down im sure what hes saying is he needs to go over all his emails texts etc for dates and times but he definitely stated pretty precisely what happened

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I feel he stated the facts in his first post explaining what went down im sure what hes saying is he needs to go over all his emails texts etc for dates and times but he definitely stated pretty precisely what happened
Well, no. In his original post he gave no details. He edited his original post the next day to include details. Maybe you didn't see the original post.

Look at the third post in this thread to see all of the details that were missing at first.

Last edited:

dbgordie

Thread Killer!!
Silver Member
So... if he gave him $1200 worth of jewelry, doesn't he owe him ~$1600? Or was the total closer to $4K?

:confused:

gesan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I may soon start my own thread about another cue maker.

We shall see what happens in the next few days.

Thanks

Kevin

Just curious - after seeing how the op has been treated if you would start the thread about the cue maker you referred to.

I f you decide not to would you share the reasons you decided not to.

mrkdenton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, no. In his original post he gave no details. He edited his original post the next day to include details. Maybe you didn't see the original post.

Look at the third post in this thread to see all of the details that were missing at first.

I guess I seen the edited version

hoppecopy

Registered
Here's a couple pictures of the wrap and the scratches, the scratches was throughout the whole finish... Brent Summers do the right thing and pay me back my money.

Attachments

• IMG_20190206_123336.jpg
    IMG_20190206_123336.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 572
  • IMG_20190206_121959.jpg
    IMG_20190206_121959.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 563
Last edited: