Skylar Woodward Mosconi Cup MVP

fishless

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For sure, him beating the new self proclaimed King was very fitting loved it. going to go and watch the replay again :)

racetoday

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Huge win for Skylar !! Kid has ice flowing through his veins.

Loved that he beat the douchebag kid for the clinch.

Great entertainment !!

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Billy and Shane played great too.

Billy over Shaw was HUGE. Billy a big underdog at that.

racetoday

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Billy and Shane played great too.

Billy over Shaw was HUGE. Billy a big underdog at that.

You're not kidding.

Pretty sure Europe felt good about that match evening the match from the get-go, but Billy fought him off. Congrats to Billy !!

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well deserved!!!

49139552417_d94a784a20_c.jpg

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They just finished a tourney called the Mosconi Cup
The Yanks and the Europeans had quite a matchup

But at the end of the day, the self-proclaimed new young "KIng"
Brought his mouth to the table, but his game he did not bring

A Yank named Skylar sent him home packing
Where he will practice his game and practice his racking

Skylar shook his hand and bid farewell to Filler
Said it's time for a beer, I think I'll have a Miller

He raised his beer and made a toast
It wasn't fancy, but it was better than most

He said:

"It's Miller Time for the USA
See ya'll European b1tches on another day"

Last edited:

Mustardeer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Proud of our boys but let’s get real if someone put together a team with top all Asians we all know what would happen.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
At last, I'm home from a wonderful Thanksgiving feast and I had a great holiday, just as I hoped my fellow forum members had.

I only just learned that Team USA has defended the Mosconi Cup. This is wonderful news.

I'm so happy for Skyler. He's a quality guy who has worked hard at his craft and made the most of the opportunity to work with Johan and Jeremy. He was always a highly skilled player, but he's become more and more dangerous, having become more consistent and more thoughtful in his play. Two Mosconi MVPs in a row is something few have achieved, but Skyler's on the list now. Bravo!

I wasn't lucky enough to see any of today's play, but I'm delighted by the result and am hopeful of a trip to Alexandra Palace next year.

Congratulations to Team USA. Well done! Now for THREE in a row.

Congratulation to Matchroom, as well. Nobody puts on better pool events than Matchroom and this Mosconi was yet another tribute to the sustained excellence we've come to expect of any Matchroom-produced pool event. Everyone at Matchroom should take a deep bow.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At last, I'm home from a wonderful Thanksgiving feast and I had a great holiday, just as I hoped my fellow forum members had.

I only just learned that Team USA has defended the Mosconi Cup. This is wonderful news.

I'm so happy for Skyler. He's a quality guy who has worked hard at his craft and made the most of the opportunity to work with Johan and Jeremy. He was always a highly skilled player, but he's become more and more dangerous, having become more consistent and more thoughtful in his play. Two Mosconi MVPs in a row is something few have achieved, but Skyler's on the list now. Bravo!

I wasn't lucky enough to see any of today's play, but I'm delighted by the result and am hopeful of a trip to Alexandra Palace next year.

Congratulations to Team USA. Well done! Now for THREE in a row.

Congratulation to Matchroom, as well. Nobody puts on better pool events than Matchroom and this Mosconi was yet another tribute to the sustained excellence we've come to expect of any Matchroom-produced pool event. Everyone at Matchroom should take a deep bow.
Yes they should , however they inserted Johan as the USA coach to help level the field and that impact simply can not be overlooked, Johan is the Bill Belichick of pool coaching and has squashed the notion that coaching doesn't matter as it's been talked about especially by Sky on what he has done for his game ,
I'll be curious to see who the coaches will be next yr

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Proud of our boys but let’s get real if someone put together a team with top all Asians we all know what would happen.

There is always a "yeah,but". We dont all know what would happen in a race to five 9 ball. And you can put Gorst on this years team, and one could counter that Corey or Max would have outperformed Tyler or Bergman.

Let's get real. The Americans were not supposed to win last year. They certainly were not supposed to win this year. They did.

They wouldn't run from any team of Chinese, Filipinos, Taiwanese, or Japanese you could assemble. They are MOSCONI Cup Champions. You can enjoy it and appreciate it without a "yeah, but".

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Yes they should , however they inserted Johan as the USA coach to help level the field and that impact simply can not be overlooked, Johan is the Bill Belichick of pool coaching and has squashed the notion that coaching doesn't matter as it's been talked about especially by Sky on what he has done for his game ,

Excellent post. Well said!