Like To See 50k/100k !-Hole Tournament

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I'd like to see a big purse one hole tournament in the U.S, just to see if an American would win it.

I saw a thread not long ago saying that the U.S would run over the rest of the world. Ten years ago maybe, but not today IMO. You have top 1 hole players from around the world now. Alex, Dennis O, Appleton. E Reyes, and a few more. Johnnyt

LeonD123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to see a big purse one hole tournament in the U.S, just to see if an American would win it.

I saw a thread not long ago saying that the U.S would run over the rest of the world. Ten years ago maybe, but not today IMO. You have top 1 hole players from around the world now. Alex, Dennis O, Appleton. E Reyes, and a few more. Johnnyt

What's "one hole" ?

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Derby City gets the same field as your hypothetical tournament plus all the bottom-half guys... Billy Thorpe, an American, won.

Maybe you think the guys you listed would have one-pocket epiphanies or play harder for more money?

I don't.

Plus, we've got our guys "New york" and "Arizona" who would once again be lured out of obscurity by the smell of easy money. ;)

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Derby City gets the same field as your hypothetical tournament plus all the bottom-half guys... Billy Thorpe, an American, won.

Maybe you think the guys you listed would have one-pocket epiphanies or play harder for more money?

I don't.

Plus, we've got our guys "New york" and "Arizona" who would once again be lured out of obscurity by the smell of easy money. ;)

LOL! But remember, one of them is dead right?

gmoney1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The biggest payout that i am aware of any one pocket event was the Smoking Aces event in Missouri a few years ago.

It paid 25k for 1st place total purse was 50k i think

Efren won and Bustamante got 2nd

As far as i know that's biggest payout for winning a one pocket event ever.

Maybe you guys can chime in if any other events ever paid more?

http://cuesportnationnews.blogspot.com/2014/10/efren-reyes-25k-at-smokin-aces-1-pocket.html

who would have guessed- Efren winning!!

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yeah, well, I'd like to see Emma Stone and Jennifer Lawrence play some naked 8ball, so I guess we can all dream.

Lou Figueroa