How can I tell if a set of balls is worth anything?

plumbfluked

Registered
I saw a set of pool balls advertised on craigslist as "vintage" and I considered buying them, but how do I know they aren't worthless?
6ab432146103d847f76e6fd3baa91f17.jpg
3904d62d1991ef44ea59a803972af10b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw a set of pool balls advertised on craigslist as "vintage" and I considered buying them, but how do I know they aren't worthless?
6ab432146103d847f76e6fd3baa91f17.jpg
3904d62d1991ef44ea59a803972af10b.jpg

Nothing special about these balls, in my opinion. Maybe it’s just the photo angle, but funny how the one ball looks bigger than the others?

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Those are really cheap balls. The are suitable for using in crafts projects. The numbers and stripes are probably painted on.

If you want cheap you can get a set of cast phenolic balls delivered to your house for about $30. They will play better than these balls.

The balls are not collectible.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
OK land fill

People like to sell vintage pool balls often hinting they may be ivory. Even old balls are usually clay. These look like some very light pure crapola balls. They showed up on commercial tables now and then but I think they were usually tossed in with home tables or home table accessory packs. They were very cheap and overpriced at that.

My opinion, these balls are worth exactly whatever value someone places on them as a decoration.

Hu

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
How can you tell if a set of balls is worth anything?

...do you have kids?

:)

plumbfluked

Registered
very handsome kid.

don't even tell us his name is Clay...or Hyatt... :wink:
Her name is Abigail... definitely not Clay or Hyatt. Predator had a nice ring though.

"Aww your baby is so cute. What's her name?"

"Predator! Predator is her name."

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Beautiful Baby

Her name is Abigail... definitely not Clay or Hyatt. Predator had a nice ring though.

People always say "Beautiful Baby" even if it is a little thing wrinkled like a prune and looking so red it had to be over boiled. In this case it is true though, beautiful baby!

Does seem like you may need some medical attention. A friend's doctor might be able to fix you up, Dr. Jack, Dr Jack the Clipper that is!

All in fun the last paragraph of course.
Hu

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member

I stand corrected and she has been upgraded to beautiful. :smile::cool::smile: