Will We Ever See Anyone More Amazing?

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Wow this guy Florian is a beast! I’m not a fan of trick shots, at least not the stuff I saw on ESPN back in the day, but what this guy is doing is amazing. Just the physical aspects of many of the shots. He’s running around like a madman with super quick hands and accuracy. Good stough.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It certainly looks like Dymond wood rails but the diamond inlays on the rails don't look like Diamond diamonds.:confused::p

Diamonds don't look like diamonds!!!!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200121-114103.jpg
    Screenshot_20200121-114103.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 169

pab

Center ball can do it all
Silver Member
I was told a few years ago by Jerry Briesath that they spray silicone on the balls, I guess so the tip grips the ball better to get more spin.

Whether that's the case or not, the video is really cool. He is such an amazing talent.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was told a few years ago by Jerry Briesath that they spray silicone on the balls, I guess so the tip grips the ball better to get more spin.

Whether that's the case or not, the video is really cool. He is such an amazing talent.

Silicone increases friction, does it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200121-114103.jpg
    Screenshot_20200121-114103.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 184

pab

Center ball can do it all
Silver Member
That's what I was told - never tried it and never worked with silicone before. Don't shoot the messenger.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
silicone lubricants

There are a lot of silicone based lubricants out there. Amongst other things rubbing the balls with a cloth or t-shirt treated with silicone will make the balls come apart better. Makes them travel further too, or so I have heard.

Silicone is excellent for shooting trick shots and setting trick records.

Hu

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this trick shot film is the best i ever saw
how does he get the cue ball to spin so much? how does he hit the balls inmid air into the pocket on the fly? amazing

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Florian is the best trick shot artist to date that I've seen, bar none. I would prefer that he stick to artistic shots... competition would be a needless distraction for him.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
both the balls and the cloth are treated. but so what, its a show and a great one at that.

you can see from the table cloth all the times he attempted those shots till he got them right for the camera. but that is trick shot filming.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
My prediction is that we'll see something more amazing than this on 7/29/2028, but not before.

OK Stu, I'll bite.

- The day Mars finally gets off its ass and invades earth.

- National Cowboy Day. But what significance is 8 1/2 years from now?

- End of the world on the corrected Mayan calendar.

- July 29, 2028 is 3112 days from now and John Schmidt is still on a 1,559,999 ball run when he realizes he forgot to push the "record" button.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He also plays decent 3 cushion. I know he has a video series about getting to a 1.00 average.

As far as sure entertainment, Dr Cue has us all beat. But none of us are pulling what he is pulling in his shows. Yeah a number of the "video shots" will never be done in person in a show, but a number of his hard shots he does in person and hits them them within 3-5 attempts. Like the satellite masse. Just crazy.

He can also hold his own in 1hole.

The hundreds and hundreds of hours of table time pays off....regardless of what game etc...etc. most of what matters is the end goal, plan and mindset.

I truly believe that He could compete at the pro level. I'm not saying he would dominate or even make a living. I'm saying that if he quit artistic pool altogether and took a year or so with lessons on certain areas of the game, he would rank at or above the 50% range in most pro tournaments.......which means he wouldn't cash in enough to eat.

Anyway, yeah, he can play a little but, I don't believe we have to worry about that, because he has a really big chunk of the artistic pool under the gun when he is in the room.

Jeff

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are there weights in the balls or cue stick? How heavy is the cue?

His masse cue is 28 oz. No weights in the balls.

On the silicone aspect people were talking about, some of the shots he does has silicone on the cue ball. It allows the cue ball to spin faster and longer. However, I have seen Florian hit similar shots without silicone. Silicone is not allowed in our artistic pool tournaments, but just like what someone said here, these videos are for entertainment purposes. To my knowledge he does not treat the felt. He just changes it out every 3 months so he can have fast cloth.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I figured the shots where he goes 4+ rails without ever passing the side pockets have to have something lubing up the cue ball to keep it slipping so well after hitting so many cushions. It’s still super impressive and entertaining.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Obviously he doesn't do them on the first try but he would have murdered that trick shot challenge like Eminem did his latest album. Trick shot witchery🔮

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good stuff, some of the shots are beyond amazing. Just watch and enjoy his skill.
How he comes up with some of these shots is also a lot to comprehend.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like Reality show winner?

well he has a number of records in guinness world of records. Add to that the sheer entertainment and popularity of his Youtube videos, you could he is amazing in a "reality show" sort of way.:thumbup:
Like those reality show singers who win on shows like The Voice, American Idol , X-factor. But albums and singles they released then bomb badly on Billboard charts :D

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.co...r&page=1&type=record&max=20&partial=_Results&