Will We Ever See Anyone More Amazing?

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
questions

First of all, how could he top that video?

Secondly, from the slow motion shots, how can a cue ball stop spinning and then start again? I can't imagine that cue ball could hold internal stresses (the cue ball would have to be deforming for that).

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He’s a good entertainer. He’s perfect for the Apa. Trick shots never did much for me but he makes a good living doing it and seems to love it so good for him!

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
He has some good ideas but I am not a big fan of trick shots.

To me, trick shots are just like Hollywood you keep practice a shot a thousand times, then you film it and maybe it will also take you a couple of takes to get it right, then with good lighting and editing, then upload that to youtube. Even the shots he made in the video after editing he probably tried them so many times and there's just that one time which worked, he'll put it in the video.

Yes, you can say I am not impressed by trick shot players, even the toughest of shots if you do it a gazillion times, it will be easy for you.

I give credit for the ideas though.
I will tell you that he can perform these shots live as well. Florian stopped by our booth once and for about 15 minutes he shot amazing shot after another. Stroke shots not wired combos.

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
Its not his stroke that impresses me the most. There are many cueists who can do crazy things with a cueball. Billiards has a whole separate artistic billiards competition. Bob Jewett who posts here published a book showing the exact set-ups for the shots.

The imagination he has, I don't care how many tries it takes to execute the shot, are what impress me the most.

He comes up with shots that no one has thought of before, and puts them on video in an entertaining way.

I couldn't care less if he can't run 100 balls at 14.1, run 20 at 3-C, place high in a pro nine ball event.

If you actually go through the all the shots he has on his videos, he has put out a truly phenomenal amount of original material. I own many of the trick shot books that were out for decades and he has changed the game in a way that reminds me of Steph Curry in basketball.

And yes, some of the girls on his vids are gorgeous. Doesn't hurt.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
There were a few teenage kids that were doing some really good trick shots in the past 4-5 years but seems they switched their attention/priorities to shooting.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He has some good ideas but I am not a big fan of trick shots.

To me, trick shots are just like Hollywood you keep practice a shot a thousand times, then you film it and maybe it will also take you a couple of takes to get it right, then with good lighting and editing, then upload that to youtube. Even the shots he made in the video after editing he probably tried them so many times and there's just that one time which worked, he'll put it in the video.

Yes, you can say I am not impressed by trick shot players, even the toughest of shots if you do it a gazillion times, it will be easy for you.

I give credit for the ideas though.
I’m with you. I couldn’t care less about trick shots. That being said hes a nice kid And a great entertainer and the Apa crows eats it up when they bring him into town. its nice he’s making a good living from it

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
I want to know what tip he uses and get one. Plus I see he isn't using a CF shaft. :sneaky:

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
He uses an elkmaster on his masse cue as do a number of us.
Hmmm. looks like a Kamui to me. ;)
venom.jpg

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
its called a show. and it is to entertain. and it sure does.
people laugh and smile and clap. that doesnt happen watching someone run a five pack at nine ball with a wired break.
who is the bigger success.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I want to know what tip he uses and get one. Plus I see he isn't using a CF shaft. :sneaky:
He just got a new sponsor in Cuetec. Not with Mezz anymore. Cuetec's new line of cues is made for him. Not sure what the shaft is.

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its not his stroke that impresses me the most. There are many cueists who can do crazy things with a cueball. Billiards has a whole separate artistic billiards competition. Bob Jewett who posts here published a book showing the exact set-ups for the shots.

The imagination he has, I don't care how many tries it takes to execute the shot, are what impress me the most.

He comes up with shots that no one has thought of before, and puts them on video in an entertaining way.

I couldn't care less if he can't run 100 balls at 14.1, run 20 at 3-C, place high in a pro nine ball event.

If you actually go through the all the shots he has on his videos, he has put out a truly phenomenal amount of original material. I own many of the trick shot books that were out for decades and he has changed the game in a way that reminds me of Steph Curry in basketball.

And yes, some of the girls on his vids are gorgeous. Doesn't hurt.
This. And I'm sure he's making more money that 99% of "pro" pool players in the US.