So... I decided to start playing again....

RobMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me preface; I started playing pool when I was 16 or 17. Joined a 14.1 league in late teens and loved it. Great league with a lot of players. College was a bit of a distraction from pool, although I still played, but mostly nine ball. Played a lot of straight after college for about 5-6 years, but the league kinda fizzled and moved further away from me.

During that time, my high run was just under 50, generally would put a couple in the 20-30 range together every match.

Marriage, kids, a layoff from pool really for about 15-20 years - except for the occasional get together with friends over beers.

Started playing again in earnest about three years ago; some league play - mostly nine and some eight. All my individual practice has generally been running the ghost, or Fargo, or nine ball drills. Then I started playing a bit of equal offense, and well, the 14.1 bug hit.

Today I went to the pool hall just to practice some, and played a couple of hours of 14.1. Set up lots of different break shots and practiced. While I had nothing huge, I had a number of runs in the high teens, never could really get the right shape on my break. Then, I finished with a run of 25. The sad part was, I was perfect with the last few balls - all stop shots on a triangle leaving an absolute perfect break. Well I got so excited I promptly missed the crap out of the shot. Nice concentration! Hehe!

Any way, it was awesome. Plan on practicing a lot more, hopefully I can find some folks to play as well.

Btw: I have lurked some here and there is a wealthy of information - thanks to all those that post and share there experience. The videos are awesome!

bender_lu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
welcome back to the world of pool. dont know how people can stop with this beautifull game, i tried to stop for a week, 2 days later i was back in action :grin:

on youtube are some great videos of the world 14.1 tournament in excellent quality, nice for rainy evenings :)