What's with all the low-balling nits???

jkmarshall_cues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Why are there so many low-balling nits crawling out from under their keypads lately on for sale items??? I don't remember this being that big of a problem in years past. Is it the economy??? or ??? Ideas??? Man, what a bunch of tire-kicking idiots!!! I've blocked a half-dozen idiots from PM-ing me recently so I don't get caught up in their drama.

John

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Why are there so many low-balling nits crawling out from under their keypads lately on for sale items??? I don't remember this being that big of a problem in years past. Is it the economy??? or ??? Ideas??? Man, what a bunch of tire-kicking idiots!!! I've blocked a half-dozen idiots from PM-ing me recently so I don't get caught up in their drama.

John

The word firm next to the price helps cut down on the want a be pool flippers.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

John

I'll give you $80 for the two old cues in your avatar.
:cool:

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

John

John -

I really think a lot of it has to do with the economy. I think there are a lot of guys putting cues on ebay for a ton, I mean crazy money, fishing.

I haven't listed much on here, as I have seen similar. Folks are cue rich and cash poor.

I sold a Meucci for an incredible amount and I was stunned.

I have a great cue for nearly nothing, (Rick Howard shaft and complete refinish) and there has been little interest.:rolleyes: I am basically looking for the cost of the shaft and refinish throwing the cue in for free!

Oh well.

Ken

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

John

:bash:

I'll tell you why. Because of all the "want a be" cue dealers on this site, on Ebay, and on the Open Billiards Market site on Facebook asking for $1,200 dollars for a Meucci, then two weeks later selling the same cue in the same condition for $600.

These people ask so much from the get go and act like the cue is a bargain, when in reality, they are just trying to rip someone off.

Just wish people would start out with an honest value and sale price, instead of being dishonest and trying to rip people off.

Funny how they value a cue so low if someone else it selling it-------but if they are selling it, all of a sudden it's $500 dollars more valuable.

So many people out there who have no idea what a cue is and what it's worth.
Makes me sick in the stomach when people always want to throw in the retail value.
That is a sure sign of someone asking way too much for a cue. The retail value is nothing but a marked up price to make something look more expensive then what it really is.

And if you want to use the Blue Book for prices....LOL, it's nothing but a reference of inflated prices on most cue.:eek:

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
On the flip side, what is with all the over priced cues being bumped to death. If something doesn't sell, you (in general,not to the op) might want to adjust, or expect low ball offers.

Seems to me that a lot of the sellers are,as far as pricing, living in the past.

StopShort

Registered
It's just negotiating. Don't be so thin-skinned. It's very easy to say "thanks for the offer, but no thanks." Naturally, It's the sellers job to get top dollar and the buyers job to pay the least amount he can. You need to understand both perspectives before you can master either.

DJ14.1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not really news, but pool is kinda poor these days. Do we really expect that to not influence people's conduct a bit?

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Well, people are starting to realize that most pool cues are overpriced...

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
It's not just negotiating when the person asking and the person being asked know that the offer is incredibly low and ridiculous. $400 firm on a cue doesn't mean "I'll give ya $90" "lol lol I had to try"

No you didn't, there was no need to try for you to steal something.
Although I do agree that it gets old seeing all these sticks for years on here being bumped. One person in particular bumps sticks that aren't going to sell, ever.

It's just negotiating. Don't be so thin-skinned. It's very easy to say "thanks for the offer, but no thanks." Naturally, It's the sellers job to get top dollar and the buyers job to pay the least amount he can. You need to understand both perspectives before you can master either.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the flip side, what is with all the over priced cues being bumped to death. If something doesn't sell, you (in general,not to the op) might want to adjust, or expect low ball offers.

Seems to me that a lot of the sellers are,as far as pricing, living in the past.

Bingo

2strong4u

Banned

John

The problem is nits who use the economy as an excuse to be nitty. All you is price reasonably and price drop until you hit your lowest acceptable price. You have every right to set the terms of a sale

Problem is so few buyers due to game shrinking and less traffic here.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

John

Cues are a dime a dozen, there are cues fro sale everywhere. Unless you have something really special, only a very good deal will create a sale.
People don't need cues.

Nuts4Tascarellas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nits

Because that's what nits do... When they see that a guy has more than one high quality cue - they think he is rich. Then they think that he can afford to let this one go cheap. I have nice cues but no money. It's because I saved for years for them. I have also bought a bunch of mid range cues and trade 2, sometimes 3 for something of great value. Truthfully I think that a lot of nits are just ignorant. They couldn't tell a Rauenzhan from ravioli...

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's annoying, but you have to deal with it. Put FIRM behind your asking price. Don't put OBO, if you aren't willing to take the best offer. Price your items reasonably and you'll be fine.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

John

Don't feel bad. I get folks on Ebay low balling me on chalk... CHALK !! It's priced at $8, but I will get an email asking if they can get 2 for $10. As if that number deserves some type of discount ? wtf ?

It's why I never have garage sales anymore, I just give the stuff to a charity and save myself the heartache ;)

Last edited: