Look what Whitey did for me

wolfgang

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had Whitey Of Hurricane Cues do a conversion on this old butterfly cue it turned out great.

Attachments

• DSCN0095.jpg
    DSCN0095.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 1,133
  • DSCN0090.jpg
    DSCN0090.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 1,212
  • DSCN0091.jpg
    DSCN0091.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 1,155
  • DSCN0093.jpg
    DSCN0093.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 1,051
  • DSCN0092.jpg
    DSCN0092.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 1,188

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Amazing. I really like the look of your cue. I have the same cue, it is very straight. Mine is in such great shape I can't bring myself to up-date it. But after seeing yours....maybe.
Thanks for sharing the pictures.

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those cues are super cool. I went through mine and I have a couple also. I believe that Brunswick made these cues but there was another company making cues that were nearly identical, the pin was the only difference.

Katz was one other company making Butterflys.
In fact, I have only seen the double butterfly like yours from Katz.

Dale(who also has a couple)

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Amazing. I really like the look of your cue. I have the same cue, it is very straight. Mine is in such great shape I can't bring myself to up-date it. But after seeing yours....maybe.
Thanks for sharing the pictures.

PLEEEEEZE don't convert it.

These old 'double butterfly' cues are rare as hen's teeth.

Why not have some enterprising cue maker make a new one for you?

Dale

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
PLEEEEEZE don't convert it.

These old 'double butterfly' cues are rare as hen's teeth.

Why not have some enterprising cue maker make a new one for you?

Dale

I don't believe I will. I took it off the wall last night and it is crazy straight and plays quite good. I have another that has had some work done to it so I will not convert the original cue.

Attachments

• rsz_1262.jpg
    rsz_1262.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 479
  • rsz_1263.jpg
    rsz_1263.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 407

wolfgang

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't believe I will. I took it off the wall last night and it is crazy straight and plays quite good. I have another that has had some work done to it so I will not convert the original cue.

If mine had looked that good I may not have had mine updated but not even close to looking that good. Mine was not playable the way it was I got it in a pawn shop.

DJ66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whitey is a phenomenal guy! He did a repair on a hurricane I have and the workmanship was incredible, and to top it off, when I got it back, it hit as well as before the damge. Plus, he used the old parts to make a matching jump cue. I never expected customer service like this. He is a real class act!

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
If mine had looked that good I may not have had mine updated but not even close to looking that good. Mine was not playable the way it was I got it in a pawn shop.

You did the right thing by converting it. I found mine in a flea market on the front range of Colorado. I grabbed it and did not care what the price was, although at $17 I was not dissipointed:wink:. I am a good sized guy but I could not get the cue to break down, in other words it would not unscrew. I twisted on the cue until I felt I was about to split the wood and it still would not unscrew. When I returned back home I heated up the joint with a hair dryer and it came apart very easily.

I have a large collection of vintage cues and most have been found in stores and most cost me very little. There is nothing like the thrill of finding these old cues just sitting in a booth in antique stores or flea markets, although I have found thousands of cues that were not worth the time to pick them up.