Mosconi Cup Standings For U.S

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
12 points events behind us; 5 ahead: Markulis Memorial, Coates Memorial, Turning Stone, Texas Open, Houston Open. Current top 15 players:

1. Shane Van Boening, 230 points
2. Dennis Hatch, 145
3. Skyler Woodward, 109
4. Oscar Dominguez, 84
5. Rodney Morris, 78
6. Billy Thorpe, 74
7. Hunter Lombardo, 59
8. Corey Deuel, 56
9. Donny Mills, 48
T10. Josh Roberts, 45
T10. Brandon Shuff, 45
12. Johnny Archer, 43
13. Shaun Wilkie, 40
14. Justin Bergman, 39
15. Earl Strickland, 30

[Info from Matchroom Sport]

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Color me crazy but i'd love to see Earl on the team. He might just provide the spark(hell, firebomb's more like it) that they need. My main concern is still SVB. Will he finally knock the MosconiMonkey off his back?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Aren't the points irrelevant this year?
I thought the players were being picked by the off-shore coach.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aren't the points irrelevant this year?
I thought the players were being picked by the off-shore coach.

"The name of the game is to finish inside the top ten of the ranking once the 17th and final event has concluded in early September. Following that, Team USA supremo Johan Ruijsink will be making his picks from the top ten finishing players. To give himself some leeway in this make or break year for Team America, Ruijsink will be selecting four players from the top ten plus another whose final ranking won’t be of significance. "

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"The name of the game is to finish inside the top ten of the ranking once the 17th and final event has concluded in early September. Following that, Team USA supremo Johan Ruijsink will be making his picks from the top ten finishing players. To give himself some leeway in this make or break year for Team America, Ruijsink will be selecting four players from the top ten plus another whose final ranking won’t be of significance. "
Very good. Thanks for that info.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Color me crazy but i'd love to see Earl on the team. He might just provide the spark(hell, firebomb's more like it) that they need. My main concern is still SVB. Will he finally knock the MosconiMonkey off his back?

Earl should be on every Mosconi Cup team till he can no longer play, same thing for Ralf for the Euro side.

I'd like to see a HORSE type match added for points where the players setup shots to shoot and see if the other player can match it instead of just a straight out race to 5 or whatever they do next time. And get rid of the jump cues.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I'd like ta see each team have to pick one player (any player) 60 and older to be on their team.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
I'd like ta see each team have to pick one player (any player) 60 and older to be on their team.

I like this idea. Unique.
Also, CALL THE FRIGGIN' 9 BALL!
Still have a bad memory of Neils F. missing a shot then getting a crazy carom to luck the 9 in and win the match!
So wrong for a world class event.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's an updated list after the Markulis Memorial. The only positional change was that Dominguez and Woodward switched places.

13 points events behind us; 4 ahead -- Coates Memorial, Turning Stone, Texas Open, Houston Open. Current top 15 players:

1. Shane Van Boening, 280 points
2. Dennis Hatch, 145
3. Oscar Dominguez, 116
4. Skyler Woodward, 109
5. Rodney Morris, 102
6. Billy Thorpe, 95
7. Hunter Lombardo, 87
8. Corey Deuel, 74
9. Donny Mills, 48
T10. Josh Roberts, 45
T10. Brandon Shuff, 45
12. Johnny Archer, 43
13. Shaun Wilkie, 40
14. Justin Bergman, 39
15. Earl Strickland, 30

[Subject to confirmation once Matchroom Sport's list is posted.]
Edit 8/24 -- Thorpe corrected from 96 to 95, per Matchroom list.

Last edited:

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe the coach gets 4 picks in the top 10 n one that doesn't have to be In the the top 10.
If so my current team looks like
Shane
Sky
Oscar/possibly Morris
Bergman
Billy Thorpe/josh Roberts
Jeremy Jones(my dark horse)

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I believe the coach gets 4 picks in the top 10 n one that doesn't have to be In the the top 10.
If so my current team looks like
Shane
Sky
Oscar/possibly Morris
Bergman
Billy Thorpe/josh Roberts
Jeremy Jones(my dark horse)

So you've narrowed it down to 8 guys for your team of 5. Come on, man, commit! :smile: