Table ID ?

chalkey

Can anyone help me I identify this barn find? I originally thought it was an old Brunswick Blake Colander. But only name plate that I could find that would fit the cutout was for a B.A. Steven's. I don't know where to find data for a positive ID. It also has 6 legs and 3pcs.slate.
0e03c57520a907b0118a12d91ffb90dd.jpg
6198cf1e0ab76808a2552435ab910362.jpg
60a78357050aa14ade727794c031f455.jpg
dd361217064089f563445287196e5a31.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

chalkey

Thank you for the information. That was my original thought was a St. Bernard but it does not have the taper on the inside of the leg nor does it have a spot where the leg irons were attached. If you look at the head rail where the emblem was the wood seems to have been cut out or replaced in a square pattern. I t accommodates a reproduction B.A. Stevens name name plate I was able to find on line. I was told by a local billiard shop it was a Brunswick because of the 5 digit serial number but now unsure if that is accurate.
41f81edbf258bef29aace06e92fd4761.jpg

chalkey

Either way Brunswick Blake Collander or B.A. Stevens, the table is old. I'm told Brunswick went to a 6 digit serial number around the turn of the century. But it really wasn't a serial number It was just a number to keep all the same table parts together. Also what I can find out is 2 of the 3 B.A. Stevens plant buildings burned to the ground in 1911.would like more info if anyone knows some interesting tid bits.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Either way Brunswick Blake Collander or B.A. Stevens, the table is old. I'm told Brunswick went to a 6 digit serial number around the turn of the century. But it really wasn't a serial number It was just a number to keep all the same table parts together. Also what I can find out is 2 of the 3 B.A. Stevens plant buildings burned to the ground in 1911.would like more info if anyone knows some interesting tid bits.

Contact Billiard Restoration in Clay Center, Kansas. If anyone knows they will. Or Blatt in NYC.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With a reasonable degree of certainty, I believe the badges put on tables of this era were often from the retailer/seller, not the manufacturer.

Brunswick has a very cool section of its website that has old models. Worth a look.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brunswick removed the table archive a couple yrs ago. They used to list all the table from A-Z. You can still search but its not near as easy as before. Try this: https://www.billiardrestoration.com/ Click "Antique pool tables" and almost every table is pictured. Need more info call Derrick there. Really a good guy, he's answered a lot for me over the years. They do really fine work also.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That link is just a blank page when i try. The op's table is not a St. Bernard Mission.

Last edited:

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look again, the pic comes up everytime I pic it

The picture is labeled St Bernard, that is all I know. I sometimes wonder if Brunswick didn't make custom one-offs. I have seen Klings & Arcades made different from each other & the St Bernard Mission is also made different sometimes. Look at Google images...

Last edited: