Black Beauty

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
That black cue ball has been around for decades. You've not seen it before? In all the catalog and web sites?

You want to try every cue ball, don't you? This is something that absolutely possesses you. Admit it...

You'll still be missing some...

All the best,
WW

I errr... ummm... ( s**t )...

I plead the 5th!

And in all seriousness, no... never seen one or ever heard them mentioned in well over 50 years of playing in a pool room. But, I admittedly don't visit pool-supply sites unless it's to order something specific ( read: no "browsing" ). And I've never opened a catalog of any kind in my entire life, save the Sears, when I was a kid, and then only just before Xmas.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Calling BS on that photo. That's Keith Richards in a green wig at Heidi Klum's Halloween party last year.

You got me. there is a striking resemblance.

Attachments

• b55ef03711760f900ef760c6c04de6b4.jpg
    b55ef03711760f900ef760c6c04de6b4.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 79

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Speaking of roots I crossed a Measle cue ball with a onion once. After I chuck them up I just have to turn the roots off and they are ready to go. They don't slow roll to well:eek:

D3783589-728F-43EB-8C57-02BC3242721A.jpeg

I will NEVER play with that cue ball again....nope, not noooooo more...
....every time I over-cut a shot....I couldn’t stop crying...

:crying::sad::crying::sad::crying:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember a buddy of mine told me he took a couple black beauties before he was going to play somebody. Said he was in the bathroom crapping his brains out for about 2 hours and lost quickly... No wonder

I had no idea they were that big

That wasnt caused by the black beauties, that was the manitol used to cut the other stuff. :thumbup:

Little Johnny is sitting in class one day when the teacher explains to the class a new game they will play every Friday for the rest of the school year. On Friday afternoons, the teacher told the class, she will ask a question, and the first student to answer it correctly gets to take off school Monday, giving them a 3 day weekend. The kids cheered.

Friday comes around, and the teacher asks the class, "How many grains of sand are there in the Sahara desert?"

The students sit there silently, then a few throw out some guesses. But of course no one can answer this question.

The next Friday comes and the teacher asks, "How many gallons of water are in the Pacific ocean?"

Same thing as last week, and now Little Johnny is pissed because he sees the game is a ruse.

The following Friday, right before the teacher is about to ask the question, little Johnny pulls a 1 lbs coffee can full of black marbles from his back pack. He dumps them on the floor, and they go bouncing, rolling, and ricocheting all about.

The teacher stands up in a fit of anger and yells, "Who is the comedian with the black balls?"

Little Johnny stands up, grabs his stuff as he heads towards the door and answers, "Richard Pryor, see ya Tuesday!" :thumbup:

Michael Andros

Silver Member
That wasnt caused by the black beauties, that was the manitol used to cut the other stuff. :thumbup:

Little Johnny is sitting in class one day when the teacher explains to the class a new game they will play every Friday for the rest of the school year. On Friday afternoons, the teacher told the class, she will ask a question, and the first student to answer it correctly gets to take off school Monday, giving them a 3 day weekend. The kids cheered.

Friday comes around, and the teacher asks the class, "How many grains of sand are there in the Sahara desert?"

The students sit there silently, then a few throw out some guesses. But of course no one can answer this question.

The next Friday comes and the teacher asks, "How many gallons of water are in the Pacific ocean?"

Same thing as last week, and now Little Johnny is pissed because he sees the game is a ruse.

The following Friday, right before the teacher is about to ask the question, little Johnny pulls a 1 lbs coffee can full of black marbles from his back pack. He dumps them on the floor, and they go bouncing, rolling, and ricocheting all about.

The teacher stands up in a fit of anger and yells, "Who is the comedian with the black balls?"

Little Johnny stands up, grabs his stuff as he heads towards the door and answers, "Richard Pryor, see ya Tuesday!" :thumbup:

Spits coffee all over the monitor.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
Just back from hitting balls with the black cue ball. It hits them pretty well. No way to weigh it, but did check the profile and it's exactly the same size as the objects balls. And the visual was great. As I expected, it created a stir for the most part, considering it was daytime so hardly anyone there. It doesn't seem to skid or slide more than normal and it draws pretty well. Follow also...

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Just back from hitting balls with the black cue ball. It hits them pretty well. No way to weigh it, but did check the profile and it's exactly the same size as the objects balls. And the visual was great. As I expected, it created a stir for the most part, considering it was daytime so hardly anyone there. It doesn't seem to skid or slide more than normal and it draws pretty well. Follow also...

If you want to test the weight of a cue ball, put it three diamonds from an object ball...
...dead in....try to draw back to where you started.
....one shot only
Now use the same object ball as a cue ball...cue ball as the object ball...
...shoot the same shot....observe

Disatisfied?.....buy a scale

Michael Andros

Silver Member
If you want to test the weight of a cue ball, put it three diamonds from an object ball...
...dead in....try to draw back to where you started.
....one shot only
Now use the same object ball as a cue ball...cue ball as the object ball...
...shoot the same shot....observe

Disatisfied?.....buy a scale

So what am I looking for? The OB draws as far as the CB, so they weigh the same?

I can't afford a scale. I spend all my $$$ on cue balls!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
So what am I looking for? The OB draws as far as the CB, so they weigh the same?

I can't afford a scale. I spend all my $$$ on cue balls!

That’s it....if they feel the same on an easy draw, you’re good to go.
....it’s an easy test for a player.

Had a friend buy a set of snooker balls...he paid extra for a set called 147....
...matched by weight and color to be world legal.
He asked me to show him a shot involving soft draw from the seven ball to a red..
....I only got halfway and at a funny angle...
...I told him the object ball was a Vitelite they mixed in by accident...
...4.5 ounces instead of 5 ounces
I reversed the balls and the seven ball took off like somebody booted it.

His friend said “Bullshit, you just hit it bad.”
....I told him we can weigh the ball, it’ll be about a half ounce light....
...and if you want to bet on it, I’ll lay you $500 to $100...
The owner of the balls told him “Don’t bet.”
They weighed it back at the store...4.5 ounces

I come from golf since I was twelve...you learn to know what you’re playing with.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
That’s it....if they feel the same on an easy draw, you’re good to go.
....it’s an easy test for a player.

Had a friend buy a set of snooker balls...he paid extra for a set called 147....
...matched by weight and color to be world legal.
He asked me to show him a shot involving soft draw from the seven ball to a red..
....I only got halfway and at a funny angle...
...I told him the object ball was a Vitelite they mixed in by accident...
...4.5 ounces instead of 5 ounces
I reversed the balls and the seven ball took off like somebody booted it.

His friend said “Bullshit, you just hit it bad.”
....I told him we can weigh the ball, it’ll be about a half ounce light....
...and if you want to bet on it, I’ll lay you $500 to $100...
The owner of the balls told him “Don’t bet.”
They weighed it back at the store...4.5 ounces

I come from golf since I was twelve...you learn to know what you’re playing with.

Golf... another great action game that doesn't exist anymore in our room. From @ 72 to 92 ( at least ) there was a golf game going open to close. And sometimes for a TON of $$$ ( like, 300 and 10 ) but mostly for @ 10 and 1. But nonstop, literally. No mo... owner sold the snooker table @ 5 or 6 yrs ago.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Golf... another great action game that doesn't exist anymore in our room. From @ 72 to 92 ( at least ) there was a golf game going open to close. And sometimes for a TON of $$$ ( like, 300 and 10 ) but mostly for @ 10 and 1. But nonstop, literally. No mo... owner sold the snooker table @ 5 or 6 yrs ago.

I mean real golf, Michael....atarted at a pro shop when I was twelve.
I could hear the hit of a Titleist as opposed to a Spalding Dot from 500 yards away.
....Hogans and Maxflis sounded somewhere in between.

Golf on a snooker table?...I liked watching it, but not playing it.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
I mean real golf, Michael....atarted at a pro shop when I was twelve.
I could hear the hit of a Titleist as opposed to a Spalding Dot from 500 yards away.
....Hogans and Maxflis sounded somewhere in between.

Golf on a snooker table?...I liked watching it, but not playing it.

Ahhhh... *real* golf.

I have a very bad, "feeling's mutual", relationship with snooker tables. Played on one once and it took me 6 months to get back in punch. Sweating golf games? El Differencio, senor. I sweated thousands of hours of golf.

Never played ( real ) golf. Back's been WAY too bad for way too long But I've been watching it since Nicklaus / Trevino / Player / Palmer, etc... Great game.