Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Practice One Pocket Alone
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
michael4
AzB Silver Member
michael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-14-2019, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessEm View Post
I

I don't find emulating 2 different players to be all that difficult... I think the most difficult part was keeping track in my head of who's turn it was.
^^^ this, I find it fairly easy to practice alone playing both sides.

but when playing against myself, I still lose 75% of the time

Old
  (#17)
u12armresl
One Pocket back cutter
u12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond repute

03-14-2019, 02:42 PM

There are more games than days of the week, he just has to give up weight.

There isn't a huge line of people who will play him even, and he probably doesn't like the game for most of the ones who will play even.

[QUOTE=FeelDaShot;6354579]I saw a post on Facebook from Chohan complaining that he canít find a match and it got me thinking: How do one pocket players practice alone?

Old
  (#18)
MisterBanker
Appalachain American
MisterBanker has a reputation beyond reputeMisterBanker has a reputation beyond reputeMisterBanker has a reputation beyond reputeMisterBanker has a reputation beyond reputeMisterBanker has a reputation beyond reputeMisterBanker has a reputation beyond reputeMisterBanker has a reputation beyond reputeMisterBanker has a reputation beyond reputeMisterBanker has a reputation beyond reputeMisterBanker has a reputation beyond reputeMisterBanker has a reputation beyond repute

03-14-2019, 05:00 PM

The pool room that I play at is mostly dead at the time that I get to go. As far as one pocket practice goes, I normally try interesting shots that I see on Accu-stats or youtube that I wouldn't have thought of myself. I'll play one ball one pocket to simulate the end game, and usually speed control shots to stick the cue ball on the head rail.

Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

opposite hand
Old
  (#19)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!
ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

opposite hand - 03-14-2019, 08:32 PM

You can play yourself opposite hand too, pretty punishing. I only go to seven balls if the game is pretty even. Chasing one ball around the table can make you crazy. Not that I Recommend stopping in the middle of a run.

Getting one of the shot books by Ray Martin or Freddy the Beard and going through it can be great practice for one pocket. You will use many of those shots over and over. Spot shots and practice rooting out balls that are deep in the jaws of a hole is good practice too.

There is a one pocket forum that is pretty friendly with this one, why there isn't a one pocket subforum here I believe. A tremendous amount of knowledge over there, both past and present. Many of the greats that we have lost posted there and I think it is all archived.

Hu

Old
  (#20)
Runner
AzB Silver Member
Runner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRunner has a reputation beyond repute

03-15-2019, 09:41 AM

Practice ALL banks, to each hole, especially short banks behind
the stack... passing the cue ball to avoid a double kiss.
Long straight-back banks while getting safe.

Look at the stack for dead ones, caroms and kisses.. those can
get you out. Spot shots for sure.. and it's boring, but practice the
break, re-rack, break, etc. You could sell out the beginning of a
game with a crappy break!

$.02

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: