Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Reviews
Reload this Page JACKPOT Cue - Initial Review (No pictures yet)
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-07-2020, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooker Theory View Post
Did you ever get the chance to snap a picture of that Searing, didn't you say it was from a Schmekle blank(I may have you confused with someone else) or maybe that was the jackpots?
I was going to take a picture of it the next week, and last week, but he brought his TAD to play with. He has lots of fancy toys to play with...Lambros, TAD, Searing, Bluegrass, etc. and he switches up.

I asked him again, the next week after I posted, and he says the cue is made from a Schmelke blank and I have no reason to doubt him.

I see him every Sunday and I'll take a picture when he brings it in again.

And, like I said, I've hit with that cue and I prefer the play of the Jackpot to that cue.

Just because a cue is made by a "Big Name" and costs a lot of money doesn't mean it plays better than some other cues that cost way less. Same goes for production vs custom. I've sold custom cues that didn't play as good as some of my production cues.

Old
  (#17)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

03-07-2020, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post
I was going to take a picture of it the next week, and last week, but he brought his TAD to play with. He has lots of fancy toys to play with...Lambros, TAD, Searing, Bluegrass, etc. and he switches up.

I asked him again, the next week after I posted, and he says the cue is made from a Schmelke blank and I have no reason to doubt him.

I see him every Sunday and I'll take a picture when he brings it in again.

And, like I said, I've hit with that cue and I prefer the play of the Jackpot to that cue.

Just because a cue is made by a "Big Name" and costs a lot of money doesn't mean it plays better than some other cues that cost way less. Same goes for production vs custom. I've sold custom cues that didn't play as good as some of my production cues.
Cool, look forward to it whenever the time comes and if the opportunity presents itself. I have seen a Schmekle sneaky pete conversion by Searing for sale on here before.

On a side note, the thread we were talking about it, it was interesting reading that link about how Leon Sly used the same logo as Searing in the early days, not saying that is in anyways the case with your friend, and with his collection it's seems improbable.
But I do wonder how does one discern the two logos apart, they looked exactly the same to my untrained eye.

Last edited by Snooker Theory; 03-07-2020 at 10:59 AM.

Old
  (#18)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

03-07-2020, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Cool, look forward to it whenever the time comes and if the opportunity presents itself. I have seen a Schmekle sneaky pete conversion by Searing for sale on here before.

On a side note, the thread we were talking about it, it was interesting reading that link about how Leon Sly used the same logo as Searing in the early days, not saying that is in anyways the case with your friend, and with his collection it's seems improbable.
But I do wonder how does one discern the two logos apart, they looked exactly the same to my untrained eye.
There is NO WAY, that I'm aware of, that you could ever discern, with 100% accuracy, who the custom maker was of any cue, without the actual maker certifying it. Lots of Richard Black cues were sold as Balabushka cues in the early days.

After playing for over 50 years, I know that "names" are just that..."names".

I am convinced that, with today's technology and the vast amount of knowledge available, that super quality cues can be made by people without "names".

Cues are are made of wood and only a few other parts (simple playing cues, that is) and there are only so many ways you can put them together. There is NO single cue maker that has a "secret formula" that other cue makers don't know about or can't copy.

I have some "name" cues, but I didn't buy them for the "name". I bought them to play with.

To me, Searing is nothing more than another maker. Same goes for a lot of the other big name makers. Most of the cues that they make have fancy crap that looks good and costs more...I don't like fancy crap. I like simple playing cues.

The people on here who keep preaching about "names" are the people who own those cues and don't want the resale value of them going down by admitting that cues made by lesser known makers or production cues can be of the same quality and play just as well, if not better.

Old
  (#19)
Ipmtim
AzB Silver Member
Ipmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond repute

03-07-2020, 05:56 PM

Quote:
No.

I have Randy's first Jackpot and he has a brand new one and loves it. I hit with it last Sunday and it plays damn good, just like the first one did. The reason he sold it to me was that he decided he wanted a 60" instead of a 58" and he wanted it a bit heavier.

I have another one coming.

I have let people hit balls with mine and everybody loves it.

The Jackpot cues play damn good and that's a fact.
Got mine, and have to agree, very nice hitting cue.
Everybody I let shoot with it agrees it's a damn nice cue.

Old
  (#20)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member

03-31-2020, 08:38 PM

I just got another Zorro/Jackpot cue yesterday. It looks good and feels good with the weight and balance.

This one is 60' and my original one is 58". So now I got several different combinations of butts and shafts I can experiment with. 30" butt with 30" shaft, 30" butt with 29" shaft, 29" butt with 29" shaft, 29" butt with 30" shaft, and I can switch back and forth between butts and shafts since they all match.

It is different than the original ones that were made. It has a camphor burl handle (cored with purple heart) instead of the maple handle.

I can't wait to hit some balls with it, when, and if, this virus situation gets under control.

The Hustler

Such a man spends all his life playing every day for small stakes. Give him every morning the money that he may gain during the day, on condition that he does not play-you will make him unhappy. It will perhaps be said what he seeks is the amusement of play, not gain. Let him play then for nothing, he will lose interest and be wearied. ***Blaise Pascal***

Old
  (#21)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

03-31-2020, 09:29 PM

Quote:
I just got another Zorro/Jackpot cue yesterday. It looks good and feels good with the weight and balance.

This one is 60' and my original one is 58". So now I got several different combinations of butts and shafts I can experiment with. 30" butt with 30" shaft, 30" butt with 29" shaft, 29" butt with 29" shaft, 29" butt with 30" shaft, and I can switch back and forth between butts and shafts since they all match.

It is different than the original ones that were made. It has a camphor burl handle (cored with purple heart) instead of the maple handle.

I can't wait to hit some balls with it, when, and if, this virus situation gets under control.
Lets see a pic

Old
  (#22)
triley41395
You'll shoot your eye out
triley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

04-10-2020, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Lets see a pic
Here's mine , I posted full cue photos in the gallery.

Name:  2020-04-10 15.18.37.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  101.0 KB

Name:  2020-04-10 15.19.25.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  130.8 KB

Name:  2020-04-10 15.19.51.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  132.3 KB

Name:  2020-04-10 15.20.35.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  121.5 KB

Name:  2020-04-10 15.21.26.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  89.0 KB

Stupid people breed stupid people.

Old
  (#23)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member

04-10-2020, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triley41395 View Post
Here's mine , I posted full cue photos in the gallery.

Attachment 545908

Attachment 545909

Attachment 545910

Attachment 545911

Attachment 545912
Nice looking cue. 😀

The Hustler

Such a man spends all his life playing every day for small stakes. Give him every morning the money that he may gain during the day, on condition that he does not play-you will make him unhappy. It will perhaps be said what he seeks is the amusement of play, not gain. Let him play then for nothing, he will lose interest and be wearied. ***Blaise Pascal***

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: