Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Even Obama's people didn't think he deserved Nobel Prize...

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Even Obama's people didn't think he deserved Nobel Prize...
Old
  (#1)
sixpack
AzB Silver Member

sixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Even Obama's people didn't think he deserved Nobel Prize... - 05-15-2014, 09:28 PM

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,4205961.story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Tribune
Then-presidential Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel gave Norway's U.S. ambassador "a dressing down" in 2009 after President Barack Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, according to Norway's former delegate to the United Nations.

Morten Wetland, Norway's former UN ambassador, told Norwegian English-language news site The Local that Emanuel used the word "fawning" when talking to U.S. Ambassador Wegger Strömmen about the award, which is given out by the Nobel Committee based in Norway.

"My guess is that the president’s staff want to be in control and not to be forced into a position that they have not been seeking themselves," Wetland told The Local. "It could have been perceived that someone was consciously or subconsciously thinking about the prospect of having Obama visit Norway. Obama wouldn’t have visited Norway if it hadn’t have been for the Peace Prize."

According to the Associated Press, Wetland said he didn't see the dressing down, but said there was an air of embarrassment in Washington DC about Obama getting the award.

"What I know for a fact is that (Emanuel) gave the ambassador some words, 'a dressing down', with respect to this," Wetland said, according to The Local. "The word 'fawning' was used."

Stories of Emanuel losing his temper are legion, both while he was working in Washington D.C. and since he became Chicago mayor. Emanuel has at times in recent years dismissed these outbursts as the actions of a younger man, while at others cultivating his image as a hard charger who's not afraid of rubbing people the wrong way.

Wetland, who first revealed the incident in an opinion piece he wrote for Norway's Dagens Næringsliv business paper, said he believed Emanuel understood the Nobel committee's decisions were separate from the government, but said it was usual for ambassadors to bear the brunt of positive and negative impressions of their country.

In awarding the Peace Prize to Obama, the committee noted his work on global warming and his support of the United Nations, among other ways they said he was committed to helping the United States engage with the rest of the world. But Obama had been in office only about two weeks before the deadline to get nominated for the prize.

jebyrne@tribune.com

Splitting time between Chicago and San Francisco.

"If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it." - Mark Twain

Old
  (#2)
cuejoey
25 mm chain guns matter
cuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to cuejoey  
05-15-2014, 09:36 PM

Last week on one of Chicago's major tv channels they did an investigative report of rahm's staff driving him around......They showed his 2 vehicle convoy running red lights and going over the speed limit even in school zones....The traffic cameras that he wanted to catch people doing this caught him.....He is a real control freak...

Greater love hath no man than this,that a man lay down his life for his friends.
The best defense against evil men are good men who are skilled at violence.

Old
  (#3)
cuejoey
25 mm chain guns matter
cuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond repute

05-15-2014, 09:40 PM

Can't forget hussein gave oprah a medal...............

Greater love hath no man than this,that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Old
  (#4)
dom_poppa
Banned
dom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond repute

05-15-2014, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuejoey View Post
Last week on one of Chicago's major tv channels they did an investigative report of rahm's staff driving him around......They showed his 2 vehicle convoy running red lights and going over the speed limit even in school zones....The traffic cameras that he wanted to catch people doing this caught him.....He is a real control freak...
School zone speed laws are enforced when kids are present. Were there kids present? I highly doubt it.

You mentioned a convoy, they are usually behind and in front. I think it was safe.

Old
  (#5)
cuejoey
25 mm chain guns matter

05-15-2014, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom_poppa View Post
School zone speed laws are enforced when kids are present. Were there kids present? I highly doubt it.

You mentioned a convoy, they are usually behind and in front. I think it was safe.
Yeah.Runnin red lights is safe..So you have multiple accounts here....

Old
  (#6)
dom_poppa
Banned
dom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond reputedom_poppa has a reputation beyond repute

05-15-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
I have this only one and I see a lot of bashing of Obama and he is the President of the greatest country in the world.

I support our President. I normally don't post here but I feel like I need to inform the misinformed.

Old
  (#7)
cuejoey
25 mm chain guns matter

05-15-2014, 09:59 PM

Quote:
I have this only one and I see a lot of bashing of Obama and he is the President of the greatest country in the world.

I support our President. I normally don't post here but I feel like I need to inform the misinformed.
With your multiple accounts you continue to talk to yourself....Hell you can even send a letter to your buddy obammer...............

Old
  (#8)
Jimmy M.
Insomniac
Jimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 8950

05-16-2014, 12:17 AM

Quote:
I normally don't post here but I feel like I need to inform the misinformed.
Apparently this informing is achieved by posting a plethora of misinformation in the form of opinions dressed up like facts.

Old
  (#9)
LWW
DEPLORABLE!
LWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-16-2014, 01:17 AM

Quote:
So which banned member are we dealing with?

I wonder if they have ever been to Secaucus?

"I can't stand you (LWW). You're one of the worst people I've ever known...You can rot in hell you pathetic loser."
-Bishop-

"Whether or not its a lie is irrelevant."
-Bishop-

"I have better things to do than worry about fact checking whats being published ..."
-336Robin-

"I support Antifa"
-poolfool1957-

"I have high hopes that you (LWW) and your sympathizers will be led to the gallows."
-9BallPaul-

Old
  (#10)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

05-16-2014, 05:00 AM

Quote:

then go dunk your head in toilet moron. If you wanna play this game, then tell us 3 reasons he was given the Nobel Prize, 2 weeks into his administration, when he had not yet had time to change his shorts.

Old
  (#11)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

05-16-2014, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWW View Post
So which banned member are we dealing with?

I wonder if they have ever been to Secaucus?
Yah. I was wondering that myself.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: