the oldest table and sticks around

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
Old stuff

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-spectres-of-americas-ghost-towns/

From CBS Sunday Morning, check out the still picture in the article and a shot from inside the building around 1:30 into the video

I think the link is ok now, sorry folks, a curse on me from the ghost town.

I love that old stuff! Guess that comes naturally with getting older!

I've played on a number of tables in my day that were made early in the last century. Wish I'd had the foresight to buy some of them and some of the cues when those classic pool halls closed down.

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-spectres-of-americas-ghost-towns/

From CBS Sunday Morning, check out the still picture in the article and a shot from inside the building around 1:30 into the video

I think the link is ok now, sorry folks, a curse on me from the ghost town.

The Ghost Town of Bodie is a great location to visit and the old billiard table is just one of the amazing things to see. The location and dry air has helped keep the old buildings in great condition.

I was lucky enough to tour the town with a friend who was an on site park ranger who lived there for a few years. He told me in the winter there were days you had to ski down to the outhouse because the plumbing froze.

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How cool is that! I'm in the process of restoring an antique parlor stove almost identical to the one in your photo, and last winter I put up wainscoting around the perimeter of my man cave. Unfortunately my two old tables are 1964 and 1966 vintage. I'm working on the ceiling next and it's a pewter stamped tin for a drop ceiling. Takes you back in time!

Attachments

• shuffle new-2.jpg
    shuffle new-2.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 215
  • Parlor stove-03.jpg
    Parlor stove-03.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 216
  • brunswick-02.jpg
    brunswick-02.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 218