APA is unfair

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
ohhhh boo hoo............ I went to Vegas and I lost...............

all APA players are sandbaggers and ball bangers

the APA will raise you skill level if you are an obvious sandbagger playing above your skill level in a tournament...................

The APA is ruining pool

I am just not good enough to play in a league

hahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

put something in your sack and STFU

Kim

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Apa bans teams in the finals.
Bca allows non-established fargo ratings win theirs.

Why bother with any of it. Its just good entertainment
to me.

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
It's all a big joke until you've made plans, made travel arrangements, etc. You've got your fingers crossed you'll be on your game this weekend, only to get effed right outta the tournament because of someone's arbitrary decision.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Waaaa. Waaaa. Waaaa.

People are discussing their pool related experiences on a pool forum.

Some nerve, to do that.

Your thread is far more whiny.

the APA will raise you skill level if you are an obvious sandbagger playing above your skill level in a tournament...................

The APA is ruining pool

Kim

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love Apa is out to get good players . They have a rule about how many players can get moved up on a team. They informed their rule. Thats it. They didn’t make the rule up to kick them out . It was a long standing rule to help prohibit sandbagging.

Ya got caught.. man up and own it. Lol

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
It's all a big joke until you've made plans, made travel arrangements, etc. You've got your fingers crossed you'll be on your game this weekend, only to get effed right outta the tournament because of someone's arbitrary decision.

You seem to be a little misinformed

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
You seem to be a little misinformed

We all knew you wouldn't be far behind to defend the APA, and thread posted by a 15 year old. lol

And for the record, I didn't "get caught" at anything. Unless being awesome at life counts.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
We all knew you wouldn't be far behind to defend the APA, and thread posted by a 15 year old. lol

And for the record, I didn't "get caught" at anything. Unless being awesome at life counts.

Sure you did, that's why you're whining.
I didn't know "whammo57" was 15, how did you know?
and what does his or her age have to do with anything?

I'm sure we all agree, you are awesome

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Methinks apa bashing threads are filling the void that was created when all aiming system threads got yanked from the main forum!

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
APA has a weak rating system. This is what comes of it. Nature of the beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
APA has a weak rating system. This is what comes of it. Nature of the beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They would get my 25 ducats a year + partial entry fees if I could play their tournaments without being on a team but they’re not very open minded. Just have unknowns play at the highest skill level. Why so anal?

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
23 rule

The APA is all about lower skilled player, that's why they keep the 23 rule where it's at. I think it would be beneficial to up it to 25 so high number would not have such a tough time getting playing time and a team would not need a 2 like they do now. Just my opinion, If we play 8,6,5, then we need two 2's for 23. If it were 25 we could play 8,6,5,4,2. This is some of the reason I left my team, it was getting to crowded to carry a 8. When I played one of the 3 players/ 4'5'6' had to sit.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The APA is ruining pool

Kim

Are you a SL 4?
Adults paying out hundreds of dollars a session to win 5 inch trophies? Ludacris.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
The APA is all about lower skilled player, that's why they keep the 23 rule where it's at. I think it would be beneficial to up it to 25 so high number would not have such a tough time getting playing time and a team would not need a 2 like they do now. Just my opinion, If we play 8,6,5, then we need two 2's for 23. If it were 25 we could play 8,6,5,4,2. This is some of the reason I left my team, it was getting to crowded to carry a 8. When I played one of the 3 players/ 4'5'6' had to sit.

So the skill level cap is 23 in 9 ball as well? It’s hard enough to keep a decent team in 8 ball where 7 is your highest number.

cycopath

Call me Banger.
Silver Member
Yep still 23 points cap in 9 ball same as 8 ball, with two skill levels higher.
The league tries to justify it by saying 9 ball actually goes down to Skill Level 1. So they give you 1 skill level lower but 2 skill levels higher. As a skill level 9 I can’t even get enough games in to qualify for MVP. It sucks.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
The league tries to justify it by saying 9 ball actually goes down to Skill Level 1. So they give you 1 skill level lower but 2 skill levels higher. As a skill level 9 I can’t even get enough games in to qualify for MVP. It sucks.

Yeah man that’s brutal! I tried the 8 ball out, I started as a 4 (I did tell them I was good but they gave me the mmhmm) and at the end of the session we did the tri cup, went to a 6 after my first match and couldn’t play anymore lol. Then I played almost every other week for the next session with my team telling me to play more innings to stay a 6 or the team couldn’t work. It was lame.

9 ball at 27 and 8 ball at 25 might make it pretty palatable but I don’t know.

bmccaslin

Registered Human
Silver Member

It sucks indeed...I'm in the same boat as you. I was only able to get one match in last session; had we made the playoffs I'd have been off the roster. Not that it matters because there are hardly any other players in my leagues over a SL6 in 9-ball. :shrug:

I always thought that a great idea for going over the 23 handicap would just be to penalize the offending team a few points (for 9-ball anyway). Meaning that if you hit 24, you lose 5 points off the total score; hit 25 and you lost 10 points, etc. This way, you're still handicapping the points but at least allowing teams to field their higher rated players regularly.

My two cents...

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I agree.. I love 9 ball and genuinely like the way Apa plays it but I had to give up on it. It’s just to damn hard to keep a team together with a 9 on it.