Philly rooms/action

poolscholar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are good rooms to find players in Philly?

A friend and I are visiting soon and we're looking to play $20 to $100 sets. 9/10 ball or maybe 1p. I'm a 650 fargo and my buddy is a 700.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Drexeline, Pete Fuscos room, or the new room opened by the former Tyconi owners. It’s called Bluegrass.

It’s not like 20 years ago though where you walk in and 15 guys are ready to gamble with you. It helps to make an appointment.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bluegrass is a great room
You should have no problem getting action
Non smoking too

Mkbtank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

A friend and I are visiting soon and we're looking to play $20 to $100 sets. 9/10 ball or maybe 1p. I'm a 650 fargo and my buddy is a 700.

I hang at BlueGrass Billiards and would be happy to play some onepocket if you like. I’ll send you a PM. I could also point you towards some 9 ballers if you’d prefer.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had no problems or fear for my car or the neighborhood at bluegrass

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Don't leave anything on your car!

Ditto. Don’t think any visible is safe. Not telling anyone to freak... just use some street smarts. I won’t mention any names but a OnePocket.org member had a car broken into for his change. The cue was between the seat and the crook missed it. That did not happen in Phila.
I’ll be glad to tell you how many times my car was vandalized and one stolen.

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I prefer the tables at Drexeline but their not bad at Bluegrass. Bluegrass has some pretty good food.
You won’t have any problems at Bluegrass, Drexeline, or the Spot.

The Spot is a good players room. However I came out of there smelling like a car rental. It’s a good room for smokers and those that do not mind smoke. I’m never going back.

Miller

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had no problems or fear for my car or the neighborhood at bluegrass

never got a shady feeling at all around bluegrass billiards. very nice room, cool owner, hospitable staff, a generally nice area imo.

(but driving on Roosevelt Boulevard aka "the Boulevard" is a whole different thing....lol)

:)

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
never got a shady feeling at all around bluegrass billiards. very nice room, cool owner, hospitable staff, a generally nice area imo.

(but driving on Roosevelt Boulevard aka "the Boulevard" is a whole different thing....lol)

I can vouch for that....::grin:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I can vouch for that....::grin:

Driving on the Blvd is worse than being with my x wife. As for the area’s ...the only thing said was suggesting not to leave anything visible/exposed in your car. That’s reasonable. The poolrooms themselves are very safe environments.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Question is ....how’s your basement doing.

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yeah, the road is crazy. But if the area around Bluegrass frightens you then you need to get out more!

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yeah, the road is crazy.!

US1 (aka) Roosevelt Blvd is tame in that area compared to going a few miles South on it. Aside from reckless aggressive drivers I think statistically 50% of the drivers are insured and have about $10,000 in property damage coverage. That should cover the rear bumper:killingme::killingme:. Had a lady driving next to eating salad while driving. 2 elbows on the wheel, maybe knees also. Very talented. And fat & ugly. Aside from driving on US1 people get killed trying to cross the street.

Last edited:

Mkbtank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Great meeting you today Dave. Had a great time battling and I hope you liked the room.