Odd Sky and Earl match

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
If you play rack em and smack em, Earl still beats everybody in the world except Shaw and Filler. They both shoot straighter than him, it took 20 + years for somebody to do that, but they have arrived. They dont have to get there is the amazing part, Earl still could win 20 years past his prime. Scary if you ask me.
Jason

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He just watched pool hall junkies.

*Edit, I might have the wrong B level pool hall movie. The one I'm thinking the main character was playing opposite handed the hole movie, and no one knew. Then for the final scene he played his real hand and took the cash down.

Shooting Gallery

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
last i recall was his 4 pocket challenge vs Appleton
I don't think that was gambling was it ?

Not 100% sure, but i was thinking that was just a exhibition and they were playing for prize money put up by sponsors and the room.

I do remember remember Earl went into flat out TILT mode and was conceding full racks of balls. :shrug:

If that was a gambling match, i bet the same backers don't back him for the match with Sky :rotflmao1:

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think that was gambling was it ?

Not 100% sure, but i was thinking that was just a exhibition and they were playing for prize money put up by sponsors and the room.

I do remember remember Earl went into flat out TILT mode and was conceding full racks of balls. :shrug:

If that was a gambling match, i bet the same backers don't back him for the match with Sky :rotflmao1:
Yep...you’re right

Attachments

• 498C1680-0520-4179-9D0C-C787F48F6291.jpg
    498C1680-0520-4179-9D0C-C787F48F6291.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 453

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I don't care one way or another who wins, but I do have an opinion and some info on the venue.

Pocket's Sports Bar is not what I call a top-notch pool hall. All the tables except three are oversized 8-footers (Olhausen) that are poorly maintained. The three other tables are old, nine-footers with well worn cloth tucked away in an area away from the main room where there couldn't possibly be any room for seating.

What do they do for these type of events, clear a few tables out and set up a quality table? I can't see players of this quality wanting to play for that amount of money on the crap tables that Pocket's offers.

That said, it is a roomy place with decent food and two nice sized dining areas.

Maniac

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't care one way or another who wins, but I do have an opinion and some info on the venue.

Pocket's Sports Bar is not what I call a top-notch pool hall. All the tables except three are oversized 8-footers (Olhausen) that are poorly maintained. The three other tables are old, nine-footers with well worn cloth tucked away in an area away from the main room where there couldn't possibly be any room for seating.

What do they do for these type of events, clear a few tables out and set up a quality table? I can't see players of this quality wanting to play for that amount of money on the crap tables that Pocket's offers.

That said, it is a roomy place with decent food and two nice sized dining areas.

Maniac

The table used for the SVB/Shaw match was a 9-ft. Diamond with new cloth.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like they'd let you know they actually have nice stuff...!

I think a host would be required to roll a good table in there for a match like this. You know, being a pool management organization, I am sure details are specified in the Agreement, right?
:rolleyes:

Maniac

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Like they'd let you know they actually have nice stuff...!

I think a host would be required to roll a good table in there for a match like this. You know, being a pool management organization, I am sure details are specified in the Agreement, right?
:rolleyes:

Right....and I assumed so. I was generally just giving a general description of the place.

Maniac

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Earl keeps his head on straight and doesn't meltdown he should win. Skyler is playing great in the past year, but Earl's top gear is still above his as evidenced in the last Turning Stone. I would never bet on Earl though because he is liable to lose his temper and concentration at any given moment.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Very few people, I think one actually has addressed the money aspect, they are both on same sponsor agreement deal.

Just seems really odd.
Plus, when was the last time Earl played for anything even decent sized.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very few people, I think one actually has addressed the money aspect, they are both on same sponsor agreement deal.

Just seems really odd.

Including yours, I see 4 posts acknowledging it appears the money is coming out of one pocket, getting waved around and then back in the same pocket...all on pg1.

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
Earl said himself that he quit gambling in the late 80's/early 90's. Tommy D.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Just seems really odd.

If they weren't on the same sponsor deal, I'd bet it all on Sky.