Maher vs. Affleck
Old
  (#1)
sixpack
AzB Silver Member

sixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Maher vs. Affleck - 10-04-2014, 11:47 PM

I don't care for Maher and I was hoping for him to get creamed when I saw this debate. Unfortunately he makes a lot of sense and IMO Affleck doesn't come across that well. What do you think?

http://blog.sfgate.com/dailydish/201...-thats-racist/

Basically Maher echoes a point that I and many have made that it's confusing that Liberals give Islam a pass for injustices that they would crucify the Christians for. So to speak.

~rc

Splitting time between Chicago and San Francisco.

"If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it." - Mark Twain

Old
  (#2)
ribeye
Swattin' Zombie Flies
ribeye has a reputation beyond reputeribeye has a reputation beyond reputeribeye has a reputation beyond reputeribeye has a reputation beyond reputeribeye has a reputation beyond reputeribeye has a reputation beyond reputeribeye has a reputation beyond reputeribeye has a reputation beyond reputeribeye has a reputation beyond reputeribeye has a reputation beyond reputeribeye has a reputation beyond repute

10-05-2014, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpack View Post
I don't care for Maher and I was hoping for him to get creamed when I saw this debate. Unfortunately he makes a lot of sense and IMO Affleck doesn't come across that well. What do you think?

Basically Maher echoes a point that I and many have made that it's confusing that Liberals give Islam a pass for injustices that they would crucify the Christians for. So to speak.

~rc
It was a good exciting debate. These guys were so passionate, I thought they were going to pop a vessel. Both sides made good points.

Just to brighten the day

Wisdom = Intelligence + Knowledge - Bias. "In the 12 years of FactCheck.org’s existence, we’ve never seen [Trump's] match."

Old
  (#3)
poolfool1957
I know the pieces fit
poolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

10-05-2014, 08:39 AM

Quote:

~rc
Your statement is flawed and therefore, flaws your argument. You call out "Islam" as a whole while only calling out the "Christian" person(s).
I don't think that is a fair way of making a point.
It is a person or persons within a religion who incite violence, who commit violent acts. Nobody and nothing can stop anyone from claiming some kind of religious virtue as the reason for committing a terrorist act or a homicide. It is the person and not the religion.
Do we want to persecute all for the actions of a relative few?
I would also like to know who these liberals might be who in your words (for the most part) "give Islam a pass for injustices while crucifying Christians for those same kinds of acts". Can you post up evidence to back that up?

Post a picture of yourself with your shirt off
Bamadog

First off ... nothing will stop ass killings entirely.
LWW

I'm really getting tired of black people........seems they just can't get a clue.
duckie, NPR 09/04/15

group therapy for douchebags
Secaucus Fats

Old
  (#4)
ribeye
Swattin' Zombie Flies
ribeye has a reputation beyond reputeribeye has a reputation beyond reputeribeye has a reputation beyond reputeribeye has a reputation beyond reputeribeye has a reputation beyond reputeribeye has a reputation beyond reputeribeye has a reputation beyond reputeribeye has a reputation beyond reputeribeye has a reputation beyond reputeribeye has a reputation beyond reputeribeye has a reputation beyond repute

10-05-2014, 09:23 AM

The debate pits a broad brush argument against the power of the few argument.

It would be similar to a European saying that the US is a bunch of selfish, arrogant, gun fanatics, who hate Muslims and many minorities, especially gays. Now, there is a sizable segment of the US who fit this description, and their voice is disproportionate, but this is not a fair description of this country as a whole.

Just to brighten the day

Wisdom = Intelligence + Knowledge - Bias. "In the 12 years of FactCheck.org’s existence, we’ve never seen [Trump's] match."

Old
  (#5)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

10-05-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribeye View Post
The debate pits a broad brush argument against the power of the few argument.

It would be similar to a European saying that the US is a bunch of selfish, arrogant, gun fanatics, who hate Muslims and many minorities, especially gays. Now, there is a sizable segment of the US who fit this description, and their voice is disproportionate, but this is not a fair description of this country as a whole.
Just because you like guns you are selfish,arrogant and hate gays and minorities. This is the most political and biased statement I've seen on the forum. You really want to take away the rights of folk.

You should be ashamed of yourself. You are a liberal bigot.

Old
  (#6)
ribeye
Swattin' Zombie Flies

10-05-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlord View Post
Just because you like guns you are selfish,arrogant and hate gays and minorities. This is the most political and biased statement I've seen on the forum. You really want to take away the rights of folk.

Nope. You get it wrong again. As always. Your analytical ability is on par with a child.

Just to brighten the day

Old
  (#7)
Bishop
AzB Silver Member
Bishop has a reputation beyond reputeBishop has a reputation beyond reputeBishop has a reputation beyond reputeBishop has a reputation beyond reputeBishop has a reputation beyond reputeBishop has a reputation beyond reputeBishop has a reputation beyond reputeBishop has a reputation beyond reputeBishop has a reputation beyond reputeBishop has a reputation beyond reputeBishop has a reputation beyond repute

10-05-2014, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlord View Post

What the hell is your problem. That is not at all what he said. Not to mention that he was offering a scenario or likening a perception...not a personal opinion.

You should exercise a better understanding of what someone is saying before attacking them as a bigot.

Old
  (#8)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

10-05-2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
What the hell is your problem. That is not at all what he said. Not to mention that he was offering a scenario or likening a perception...not a personal opinion.

You should exercise a better understanding of what someone is saying before attacking them as a bigot.
I would think that you have a problem with the English language. Is The Rib gonna be your next client? You always jump to the defense of intolerant liberals that would crush us with tyranny if they could.

Old
  (#9)
overlord
AzB Silver Member

10-05-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribeye View Post
Nope. You get it wrong again. As always. Your analytical ability is on par with a child.
I think you need to review what you wrote my number crunching counselor. Now you have Bishop to defend you it may be the beginning of the end.

And just to reiterate you are a liberal bigot in my opinion. But don't get all fired up I don't take you or your PBS perspectives personally.

Old
  (#10)
sixpack
AzB Silver Member

sixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond repute

10-05-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolfool1957 View Post
Your statement is flawed and therefore, flaws your argument. You call out "Islam" as a whole while only calling out the "Christian" person(s).
I don't think that is a fair way of making a point.
It is a person or persons within a religion who incite violence, who commit violent acts. Nobody and nothing can stop anyone from claiming some kind of religious virtue as the reason for committing a terrorist act or a homicide. It is the person and not the religion.
Do we want to persecute all for the actions of a relative few?
I would also like to know who these liberals might be who in your words (for the most part) "give Islam a pass for injustices while crucifying Christians for those same kinds of acts". Can you post up evidence to back that up?
Lol. YOU don't assign ME homework. Lol. I thought it was a funny interaction and posted a thought to explain why I thought it was funny. That is all.

Splitting time between Chicago and San Francisco.

"If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it." - Mark Twain

Old
  (#11)
ribeye
Swattin' Zombie Flies

10-05-2014, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post

Comprehension is a valuable tool.

In my life, and I suspect most others, I have heard from Europeans primarily, but others from other areas, and I've heard from frequent travelers as well, these various criticisms of Americans--to which I've had to defend. This does not mean Americans, in general, have any or all of these, but that we often hear, disproportionately, from the NRA or the religious right, for example, or even our sensationalist news broadcasting, that might give such an impression of Americans.

Just to brighten the day

Old
  (#12)
bdcues
AzB Silver Member

bdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-05-2014, 11:02 AM

Affleck loses all credibility when, at the 2 minute mark, he calls this racist. Islam is not a race anymore than Christianity is. Another liberal who does not even know what the terms he uses mean. He never addresses the argument directly but instead his first remark is to personally attack the speaker. Saul would be so pleased.

The founding fathers set in place a system where every man was King and every President, including George Washington, has worked to take your rights away, to tax you into slavery, to divide you on political/social and economic lines and to make sure you never find out that your ancestors were King for a day.

Bob Danielson
Check out our newly updated website -
www.bdcuesandcomix.com
bob@bdcuesandcomix.com

Old
  (#13)
ivicafranic
AzB Silver Member
ivicafranic has a reputation beyond reputeivicafranic has a reputation beyond reputeivicafranic has a reputation beyond reputeivicafranic has a reputation beyond reputeivicafranic has a reputation beyond reputeivicafranic has a reputation beyond reputeivicafranic has a reputation beyond reputeivicafranic has a reputation beyond reputeivicafranic has a reputation beyond reputeivicafranic has a reputation beyond reputeivicafranic has a reputation beyond repute

10-05-2014, 11:06 AM

I would put 100$ on Affleck

Old
  (#14)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

10-05-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcues View Post
Affleck loses all credibility when, at the 2 minute mark, he calls this racist. Islam is not a race anymore than Christianity is. Another liberal who does not even know what the terms he uses mean. He never addresses the argument directly but instead his first remark is to personally attack the speaker. Saul would be so pleased.
Being an Arab is to have a distinct ethnicity, it not quite a distinct race.

I'd say that's close enough to use the word racist or bigot for people who ascribe the worst beliefs and behaviors of radical jihadis (who happen to be Arabs) to all the Moslems who are Arabs. And then to extend that stereotype to all non-Arab Moslems is beyond ignorant, very bigoted, and then it turns genocidal in the hands of many.

Affleck's least credible moment was when he botched the words of the Declaration to refer to 'rights endowed by our forefathers' or words close to that.

Old
  (#15)
poolfool1957
I know the pieces fit
poolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

10-05-2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Lol. YOU don't assign ME homework. Lol. I thought it was a funny interaction and posted a thought to explain why I thought it was funny. That is all.
How is it homework for you to back up a statement?

Post a picture of yourself with your shirt off
Bamadog

First off ... nothing will stop ass killings entirely.
LWW

I'm really getting tired of black people........seems they just can't get a clue.
duckie, NPR 09/04/15

group therapy for douchebags
Secaucus Fats

Page 1 of 5 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: