Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page $400 million WAS contingent on release...
Page 5 of 6 « First 345 6

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#61)
chefjeff
No sides, only players
chefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-19-2016, 11:53 AM

And for the same principle being violated with all you voters' encouragement and support, I must ask what gets tiring to continually ask sheep:

WHERE IS THE VICTIM WHEN I USE MY MONEY AS I SEE FIT?

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#62)
BryanBpool
M.T.F.B.
BryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond repute

08-19-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefjeff View Post
And for the same principle being violated with all you voters' encouragement and support, I must ask what gets tiring to continually ask sheep:

WHERE IS THE VICTIM WHEN I USE MY MONEY AS I SEE FIT?

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#63)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

08-19-2016, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefjeff View Post
Gee, LIKE I SAID, following the "law" is a felony. Breaking the "law" is not, I guess, per you. Sorry for the confusion, glad you cleared all that up.

I feel safer, how about you?

Jeff Livingston
You could just admit you were in error, mentioning a felony crime that doesn't exist. Because you did just that. Obviously. We all make mistakes. It's usually better just to admit it straight up.

And then you still say that taking out $10k or more in cash is the crime, and forbidden by law as a felony? I see this is going south already.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Old
  (#64)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

08-19-2016, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBpool View Post

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

Old
  (#65)
bdcues
AzB Silver Member

bdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-19-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
I don't know if this account is accurate or not. And I said so in my post, in effect, when I said 'if this report is true,' or words to that effect.

However, I do read English with comprehension. What it says is what I said it says, and people are reading it the opposite way because they cannot read and understand what they're reading, apparently.

I don't blame anyone for believing the report is a lie, and believing it is deliberately stating those events backwards. Maybe it is. But then put it that way. Don't tell me the report agrees with your opposite version, because it does not.

As to the truth of the report, I don't have an opinion. But as to what the report SAYS, I do have an opinion-- the one I stated-- and I absolutely believe my take on what it says is accurate.
You seem to be just about the only one that does not see this as a ransom payment...
http://www.investors.com/politics/co...-paid-to-iran/

The founding fathers set in place a system where every man was King and every President, including George Washington, has worked to take your rights away, to tax you into slavery, to divide you on political/social and economic lines and to make sure you never find out that your ancestors were King for a day.

Bob Danielson
Check out our newly updated website -
www.bdcuesandcomix.com
bob@bdcuesandcomix.com

Old
  (#66)
chefjeff
No sides, only players
chefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2016, 07:32 AM

Quote:
You could just admit you were in error, mentioning a felony crime that doesn't exist. Because you did just that. Obviously. We all make mistakes. It's usually better just to admit it straight up.

And then you still say that taking out $10k or more in cash is the crime, and forbidden by law as a felony? I see this is going south already.
OK, I was wrong. It's not a felony, but is an excuse for stealing one's life savings. I'm guessing that is labeled a misdemeanor?
Quote:
An Iowa woman who did not cheat on her taxes or launder money has had her entire life savings confiscated by the Internal Revenue Service simply because she deposited less than $10,000 at a time into the bank....
http://www.wnd.com/2014/10/irs-seize...s-under-10000/

Gee, I labeled the thieves ways improperly. What an error. I'm so sorry. Just what label would you statists put on the behavior of the govt you vote for when it does this to a Person who is just USING HER OWN MONEY FOR HER OWN DESIRES?

Now, the next thing: when will you guys apologize for labeling the nation state as "necessary," when it only steals, assaults, and murders, things never necessary?

Quote:
We all make mistakes, it's usually better to just admit it face up.

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#67)
SUPERSTAR
Banned
SUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5600

08-20-2016, 07:46 AM

Who has Iran ever attacked?
Why are they the bad guy?

Old
  (#68)
PRED
AzB Silver Member
PRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

08-20-2016, 07:59 AM

They attack the United States of America every day through terrorists they bankroll. Deny and lie.

Old
  (#69)
ribeye
Swattin' Zombie Flies
ribeye has a reputation beyond reputeribeye has a reputation beyond reputeribeye has a reputation beyond reputeribeye has a reputation beyond reputeribeye has a reputation beyond reputeribeye has a reputation beyond reputeribeye has a reputation beyond reputeribeye has a reputation beyond reputeribeye has a reputation beyond reputeribeye has a reputation beyond reputeribeye has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRED View Post
They attack the United States of America every day through terrorists they bankroll. Deny and lie.
Iran funds Hezbollah primarily. I've read that they fund Hamas on a limited scale, when it suits Iran's purpose of Hamas acts against Israel. Hezbollah is fighting ISIS in Syria and Lebanon. Yes, it is a complicated mess.

If you want to say that Iran funds groups who have committed violence against the US or against US troops you would be correct. To say they attack the US daily is excessive and inflammatory rhetoric. The central issue between the US and Iran is, and will continue to be, related to religion, especially Israel, who is our close ally, but is a hated foe for Iran, which, inevitably, puts us at odds with Iran. But then, Iran is at war with ISIS, a bunch of Sunni crazies, so it is not just black and white, friend and foe.

Just to brighten the day

Wisdom = Intelligence + Knowledge - Bias. "In the 12 years of FactCheck.org’s existence, we’ve never seen [Trump's] match."

Old
  (#70)
buddha162
AzB Silver Member
buddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

08-20-2016, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribeye View Post
Iran funds Hezbollah primarily. I've read that they fund Hamas on a limited scale, when it suits Iran's purpose of Hamas acts against Israel. Hezbollah is fighting ISIS in Syria and Lebanon. Yes, it is a complicated mess.

If you want to say that Iran funds groups who have committed violence against the US or against US troops you would be correct. To say they attack the US daily is excessive and inflammatory rhetoric. The central issue between the US and Iran is, and will continue to be, related to religion, especially Israel, who is our close ally, but is a hated foe for Iran, which, inevitably, puts us at odds with Iran. But then, Iran is at war with ISIS, a bunch of Sunni crazies, so it is not just black and white, friend and foe.
It's the Saudis vs. Iran, and I think we are wise to take two steps back and reassess our traditional alliances in the ME.

my cooking/fishing/pool youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVD...VWp8Ufw/videos

Old
  (#71)
SUPERSTAR
Banned
SUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5600

08-20-2016, 12:31 PM

I see.
And the U.S never ever funds anyone. Gotcha

Has Iran ever attacked anyone? You know. Made the first strike?
Occupied foreign countries?
You know, like the U.S. and Israel? LOL

Old
  (#72)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member

08-20-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcues View Post
You seem to be just about the only one that does not see this as a ransom payment...
http://www.investors.com/politics/co...-paid-to-iran/
The truth is not usually determined by a majority vote. Actually, it never is.

The Iranians are not stupid, and they are famous negotiators. Trump even says they are brilliant at it.

So the theory here is that they would accept money already owed to them, already admitted as owed to them, and already negotiated for and scheduled to be imminently given them, as a ransom. In effect, then, getting nothing extra for that ransom than they were already going to get, and soon?

What kind of stupid ransom demand would that be? That isn't how ransom works.

It's more like holding back a rent payment that is rightfully due until the landlord gets a plumber to come in and fix the broken toilet. Did the renter pay a ransom to get the repair made?

― Garry Kasparov

Old
  (#73)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member

08-20-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha162 View Post
It's the Saudis vs. Iran, and I think we are wise to take two steps back and reassess our traditional alliances in the ME.
I agree. And add a little further detail to your statement.

It is the Saudis, and the other Sunni majority powers in that oil region, plus Israel (our current 'friendly' [sic] countries there), using radical Sunni jihadis as shock troops, vs. Iran (and Syria and Lebanon), with those backed up with defense arrangements with Russia and China. Oh, and maybe with Shi'ia majority IRAQ as a backstop. One of the first moves of the new Iraqi government was to cut an agreement with Iran on security matters, in a nod to Shi'ia solidarity, and that Iran had given sanctuary to so many of the Iraqi Shi'ia leaders during Saddam's rule.

― Garry Kasparov

Old
  (#74)
buddha162
AzB Silver Member
buddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond reputebuddha162 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

08-20-2016, 01:53 PM

Quote:
I agree. And add a little further detail to your statement.

It is the Saudis, and the other Sunni majority powers in that oil region, plus Israel (our current 'friendly' [sic] countries there), using radical Sunni jihadis as shock troops, vs. Iran (and Syria and Lebanon), with those backed up with defense arrangements with Russia and China. Oh, and maybe with Shi'ia majority IRAQ as a backstop. One of the first moves of the new Iraqi government was to cut an agreement with Iran on security matters, in a nod to Shi'ia solidarity, and that Iran had given sanctuary to so many of the Iraqi Shi'ia leaders during Saddam's rule.
If there is a realignment, I can't imagine us not taking Israel on board. The Israeli "understanding" with the Saudis rests on a stable Saudi regime + US support for said regime; both are on shaky ground going forward.

I think the people of Iran are more "natural allies" to the West than any Sunni population in the ME that I can think of. Obviously, there's just that little theocratic/authoritarian hurdle to leap first lol...

my cooking/fishing/pool youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVD...VWp8Ufw/videos

Old
  (#75)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2016, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribeye View Post

The Sunni are not as crazy as you say. The Shia came for them with butcher knives in the dead of night after your boy took his ball and went home in Iraq.

Its kill or be killed. Damn it makes me proud to be an American. What other country in the world could borrow money from China by the trillions and completely destroy another nation state and accomplish nothing?

Page 5 of 6 « First 345 6

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: