He did what?

Jerry Forsyth

The new Billiard Buzz is on the newsstand and waiting to tell you all about the EPBF Austrian Open won by Mario He. Plus there is expanded coverage of the APA Poolplayer Championships and we take a photo-filled look back at the 2002 U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship.

Kristin Butterfield has delivered a great article on man-cave toys and our columns this month include one written by Jay Helfert for the NBN back over 40 years ago. It is notable how much things haven't changed. And our experts are back top help tune your game and take you up a notch. so take some time and enjoy our latest Buzz!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I wish Mario had a champion pool playing sister like Albin Ouschan has.....
....then we could see a rather confusing headline in the pool world....
He wins World Ladies Championship

:)

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great read! Lots of interesting pool articles here. I especially like going down Memory Lane of the 2002 U.S. Open.

I have 10 years of NBNs (National Billiard News), and though they are a treasure trove of pool history from the '60s onward, the articles are sometimes missing the actual dates of tournaments, which are pretty important 50 years later. Plus, since there was no Internet back then, the tournament results were published sometimes 3 and 4 months later, after the event.

I like what the Billiard Buzz is doing here, combining the latest pool news, instructional articles, social shooter events, and then the tournament listings in the back. I hope the readership takes advantage of "free" because there's not much you can get today that's free. I can see the amount of work that goes into each issue, and they're wonderful!

It's a great magazine. Thanks to those who make it happen! :cool:

Jerry Forsyth

JAM, thanks for the nice words. We put a lot of work into the Buzz and we do hope all are enjoying it. I do like the "look-back" articles, they are fun to put together as they bring back so many memories.

I will be looking at my old CD's from the mid-90's to see if any of them have viable images left on them. I am told not to expect much from CD's made during that era. But they have been stored in dark place of cool temps so I have some hope they have not degraded terribly.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Buzz Magazine by AZ Billiards is probably the coolest looking billiard magazine on the planet and it contains some great information. I need to get in the habit of going through it.

JoeyA

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Buzz Magazine by AZ Billiards is probably the coolest looking billiard magazine on the planet and it contains some great information. I need to get in the habit of going through it.

JoeyA

You also need to get into the habit of doing an article for them.
...with the byline 'Joey with a Tie"

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member

JoeyA

Agreed, I really like the format and the writing. I catch up with it when I see new stuff.

Keep up the great work!

Lesh