International shipping

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
How does one go about shipping a cue to Taiwan?. Is insurance available and what about a ballpark price to ship there. Any advice??

Thanks...

KCRack'em

I'm not argumentative!!!!
Silver Member
Don't ship ivory and don't insure for more than the declared value. I've always used USPS either priority or express. I've been told DHL is a better way to go. I can't help on pricing.

zeeder

Will queue for cues
Silver Member
I recently shipped a cue to Taiwan and insured it for the purchase price, $800 I think, and the shipping was about $60 and insurance another $20ish. The cue spent a bit of time in customs but was eventually released to be delivered.

Edit: I forgot to include that I shipped with USPS.

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
I recently shipped a cue to Taiwan and insured it for the purchase price, $800 I think, and the shipping was about $60 and insurance another $20ish. The cue spent a bit of time in customs but was eventually released to be delivered.

Edit: I forgot to include that I shipped with USPS.

Thanks, very helpful.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
USPS will only insure large amounts if you pay for GXG shipping, partnered with FedEx.

I've shipped a lot internationally and the hassle is so high that I tell the buyer it is their responsibility after it clears US Customs outbound.

There's not much that can be done after that point.