Highly figured maple

DSCF2940.jpg

DSCF2939.jpg

DSCF2938.jpg

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Excellent

Rick Howard makes a great cue you will love playing with it. That is a very good looking cue !

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Looks nice with that South West vibe. I've heard Rick's cues are excellent to play with.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hit a few with this. Its niiiiiiiiice to say the least. If you don't feel like waitin' 10yrs on a SW order one of these. Plays great.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
PICS ARENT TOO GOOD-

Rick sure builds an excellent playing cue-
Macassor" Ebony black / blue veneers
Highly figured maple
Perfect design, and the brown bumper is a nice touch. It’s a shame SW doesn’t finish theirs off at the bottom like that. It looks much better than the wide band they use.

You are killing me. :rolleyes:

I ordered a new Rick Howard cue yesterday.

Ken
Rick called me about it...I told him charge you double :groucho: :killingme:

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I retired after 20 years in the Air Force in 2018, but my first base was Hurlburt Field, FL. Right down the street was STARCADE Billiards. Rick Howard would attend this pool room once in a while and I got to know him.

I was a young, 19 year old Airman with not much money and no cue. A lot of pool players down there played with a Rick Howard cue. When I met Rick I saw that he too played champion speed pool. Well, I got to know him a little bit. He invited me out to his shop once. He had a huge Rottweiler "Mace" if I remember correctly. And, he basically sold me a cue right out of his case for next to nothing.

Great guy. Great cuemaker. Can't say enough nice things. I knew several guys from my hometown who wanted a Rick Howard cue and placed orders with Rick (for full price hahaha), so good karma goes around.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Perfect design, and the brown bumper is a nice touch. It’s a shame SW doesn’t finish theirs off at the bottom like that. It looks much better than the wide band they use.

I saw an earrly DPK sneaky, converted from a Dufferin.... a typical dufferin with the clear , round insert in the bottom of the cue...
"I think"
DPK made a wood sleeve to cover the round hole in the butt-
And it just became a design-
I saw the cue on Dr Wu's site-many years ago-
He had MANY DPK, HERCEK, BOTI CUES TOO.
I actually put the brown bumper-
came with a screw in bumper to minimize weight for me-
But I wanted heavier and that's all I had to fit the cue properly"
SURE PLAYS GREAT!

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I retired after 20 years in the Air Force in 2018, but my first base was Hurlburt Field, FL. Right down the street was STARCADE Billiards. Rick Howard would attend this pool room once in a while and I got to know him.

I was a young, 19 year old Airman with not much money and no cue. A lot of pool players down there played with a Rick Howard cue. When I met Rick I saw that he too played champion speed pool. Well, I got to know him a little bit. He invited me out to his shop once. He had a huge Rottweiler "Mace" if I remember correctly. And, he basically sold me a cue right out of his case for next to nothing.

Great guy. Great cuemaker. Can't say enough nice things. I knew several guys from my hometown who wanted a Rick Howard cue and placed orders with Rick (for full price hahaha), so good karma goes around.

I can't say enough good things about Rick Howard-
he great to work with getting a cue built-

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great looking cue Duane. Enjoy. :)

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very nice! Rick makes an excellent, really great hitting/playing cue. Enjoy!