Defy Carbon Fiber Shaft from McDermott

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey everyone. I can now share this. McDermott has a carbon fiber shaft called Defy. They have the prototypes at the BCA Tradeshow for people to try out. There will be 3 different diameters. 13.0mm, 12.5mm, and 12.0mm. It has a naviagator automatic soft tip on it, a new tip from Navigator. They will be taking orders for this shaft at the expo. The price is $395. I will be following this thread so ask any questions and I will try my best to answer them.

I tried uploading an image of the cue but it isn't working. Here is a link to it.

www.mcdermottcue.com/defy

j83386

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are available in the joints for the cues they normally have. They are listed on the site but I am listing them here for ya.

McDermott Quick Release
3/8-10
5/16-14
5/16-18
Radial
Uni-Loc

knicks

Registered
Great News for McDermott Cue!

Black Ferrule Only?

What are the shaft joint diameters?

Will the shafts be available in 29" & 30" length?

Thanks

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great News for McDermott Cue!

Black Ferrule Only?

What are the shaft joint diameters?

Will the shafts be available in 29" & 30" length?

Thanks

Here are some answers for you.

Yes, black ferrule only.

Shaft Joint diameters are 0.855 and 0.843 inches

Only 29 inches for now but they may be available in 30 inches as of next year

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will they support traditional 3/8 x 10 pins as well as "flat bottom" 3/8 x 10 pins? What are the tapers please?

They will support traditional 3/8 x 10 pins. I don't know about "flatt bottom" 3/8-10 pins.

The taper is a hybrid pro taper very similar to their I2 shaft.

I hope this helps.

Charles Hartfield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey everyone. I can now share this. McDermott has a carbon fiber shaft called Defy. They have the prototypes at the BCA Tradeshow for people to try out. There will be 3 different diameters. 13.0mm, 12.5mm, and 12.0mm. It has a naviagator automatic soft tip on it, a new tip from Navigator. They will be taking orders for this shaft at the expo. The price is $395. I will be following this thread so ask any questions and I will try my best to answer them.

I tried uploading an image of the cue but it isn't working. Here is a link to it.

j83386

Do you know if McDermott will manufacturer butts that match the Defy shafts in the future? Thanks. Charles

Balls

Big Brass Balls
Silver Member
Hey everyone. I can now share this. McDermott has a carbon fiber shaft called Defy. I will be following this thread so ask any questions and I will try my best to answer them.

Is it possible to get one with no printing or custom printing?

you can share using
Code:
https://flic.kr/p/2gFNpiV

Attachments

• 48364440971_e2c6ac91a9_z.jpg
    48364440971_e2c6ac91a9_z.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 2,372