Isnt This The Wanted/forsale Section ??

pooldogue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
All this time ive been thinking that this is the WANTED/FOR SALE section and all i can see is AUCTIONS/FOR 25.00 DOLLARS YOU CAN HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN ???????????????????????????
w.t.f has this site come to??? :(

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
pooldogue said:
All this time ive been thinking that this is the WANTED/FOR SALE section and all i can see is AUCTIONS/FOR 25.00 DOLLARS YOU CAN HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN ???????????????????????????

sign of the times, man....too much wood !! :)

mycustomcues

know the game!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
hmmm

for some reason, it works for some of our fellow azer's though!

If nobody buy the cue he/she listed he/she can do the auction or the lotto thing and it will guarantee to move the cue. A lot of us like to gamble our money on a nice cue that way, instead of spending the $$$ buying the cue at full price or lesser price from the cue maker.

:( :D :rolleyes:

FLYINGSNAIL

Koo Cues
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
157   0   0
pooldogue said:
AZbay :D :eek:

magix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
217   0   0
i was wondering if there is a problem with people giving stuff away?there not buying or selling.

fatrascal

Registered
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reasonable costs

Some of us poor working slobs' who love the game but don't have hundreds to shell out for a stick much less thousands appreciate a chance to get a nicer cue for a small price even if it is a gamble. So maybe you rich fellows can cut us some slack, I notice there's still lots of high dollar stuff available. Besides it is a public forum.

mycustomcues

know the game!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
hhhmmmm

fatrascal said:
Some of us poor working slobs' who love the game but don't have hundreds to shell out for a stick much less thousands appreciate a chance to get a nicer cue for a small price even if it is a gamble. So maybe you rich fellows can cut us some slack, I notice there's still lots of high dollar stuff available. Besides it is a public forum.

i somewhat agree to this statement!!

Cut some of us some slack on the price please!!

:D ;)

sweatinNbettin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
The way I look at it is giving both sides oppurtunity. The raffler is given a chance to move something, that in most cases they have had a hard time to move. Rafflees(if that is a word) are given a chance to own a cue they may just want to try out or can't afford. It still creates movement in the cue economy. It may not be the way some want it as in pure cash, but it is still movement.
For me personally, I just decided to take a chance. I figure it would give me a chance to take a swing at a cue, that I hadn't tried. I didn't want to take the full hit, so a raffle at it was the next best thing.
$25.00 vs $400 or whatever the amount is a big swing. Plus the wife would kill me if I bought another cue.lol I can say I won this in a raffle easier then Honey, ignore the bank statement for a month.lol

Thats just my take on the whole raffle phenomenon.

Club Billiards

Absolute Billiard Service
Silver Member
Rating - 92.9%
13   1   0
magix said:
i kind of like it.good cue small money.whats not to like?

Hmm...possibly the fact that raffles are illegal in many states. Possibly the fact that 13 people or 20 people or whatever pay and get nothing. Only 1-2 people come out of a raffle ahead depending on if it's legit or not. Possibly the fact that it's so easy to scam. Possibly the fact that it looks like a desperation move from guys that can't otherwise sell a high dollar item in today's tough economy. And hey for me, it could even be the fact that it's so trendy and I don't like to follow the herd on every new thing that pops up. Sorry. I'm sure I'll get blasted for having an opinion that clashes with the norm. :rolleyes: Oh well. Just my 2 cents.

buddha162

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Club Billiards said:
Hmm...possibly the fact that raffles are illegal in many states. Possibly the fact that 13 people or 20 people or whatever pay and get nothing. Only 1-2 people come out of a raffle ahead depending on if it's legit or not. Possibly the fact that it's so easy to scam. Possibly the fact that it looks like a desperation move from guys that can't otherwise sell a high dollar item in today's tough economy. And hey for me, it could even be the fact that it's so trendy and I don't like to follow the herd on every new thing that pops up. Sorry. I'm sure I'll get blasted for having an opinion that clashes with the norm. :rolleyes: Oh well. Just my 2 cents.

You can have an opinion and voice it too, even if it is utterly irrelevant.

-roger

buddha162

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Club Billiards said:
How is it?

How is it irrelevant?

You seem to think it's a high risk, poor-taste endeavor---so skip it, and move on. But again, voice your opinion, why not.

-roger

dooziexx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Its definitely a very creative way to move/sell cues. Just like a raffle. Im thinking of doing that myself with some of my cues.

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0
Club Billiards said:

While I like an occasional raffle, personally, I think that you raise a legitimate concern.

An occasional raffle probably would not generate much scrutiny, but the proliferation of the raffle may bring unwanted attention to them. I don't know how they could meet the Arizona requirements below. It would appear that they have to be signifficantly tied to a charity, as Koinnkid said. When I ran the pro shop, I used to donate a custom cue each year for raffle, but the proceeds all went to charity, which was a requirement where we lived.

http://www.azag.gov/consumer/agrforms.html

Joe