Bad Problem with John Showman, (Cue Stolen)

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
See you in 2 weeks when you're back to square one.

Did he actually offer to return the cue and your $700?

If so this thread was a waste of time.

I would have thought one year of his BS would have tought you a lesson.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

So since you say he is he has been communicating with you, I would demand a proof of life photo of cue next to today's newspaper! 😉

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
This is the special "showman" treatment.

Must pay extra for this kind of service?

Lol

Got to make jokes to lighten the mode and your wallet!

This must be funny to him?

Kd

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I feel bad for the OP but at what point does enough become enough?

I've been waiting a good 7yrs for some cues to be finished, when i get to Fl i will get them back.
Already had them back and left them at another cue builders place, Original guy said he felt real bad(helped him with other things too) so i let him take them back - it wasa yr ago in sept. Paid in full up front, now i will have to pay somebody else to finish them.

These were not new cues on order, they needed various work

NEVER AGAIN!

Good thing is, i wont have any problem with the guy, all i have to do is show up and he'll hand them over. Bad thing is, he will truly feel like crap about it and i still dont want that even after all this time.
Oh well

Quality Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You need to mail him a certified letter detailing a drop dead date for delivery of the cue, finished or not (you must make that clear). IMO, 7 days is more than enough time. If the cue is not in your possession, file a police report and a civil complaint. Period. Time to take definitive action.

Hey John, there were still some nut hungers willing to believe your BS. How ever will you defend your "good name" now? YOU ARE PATHETIC. I hope you wind up in jail for this.

My patience with this whole thing was exhausted several months ago. Remember, I sent him the certified letter demanding the return of my cue within 10 days way back on 4/7/15 so that Eric Crisp could finish the job for me, and John said that he could not let that happen. I suspect another certified letter will get me nowhere. I know my next steps and will implement them in the next couple of weeks if I do not get my cue back. When I do, it will be too late to put the Genie back in the bottle.

Quality Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just listened to a 1 minute 58 second voice mail on my cell phone that was left by Merylane Showman earlier today. She advised me that John is having surgery next Monday and apologized that my cue was not done, and promised that he would finish the project after his surgery. She asked for my continued patience. Again, I don't intend to remain idle much longer and will implement a strategy that I have mapped out in my head if I don't have my cue in the next couple of weeks. I don't want to go there, but may have no choice.

I just listened to a 1 minute 58 second voice mail on my cell phone that was left by Merylane Showman earlier today. She advised me that John is having surgery next Monday and apologized that my cue was not done, and promised that he would finish the project after his surgery. She asked for my continued patience. Again, I don't intend to remain idle much longer and will implement a strategy that I have mapped out in my head if I don't have my cue in the next couple of weeks. I don't want to go there, but may have no choice.

Bullsh!t. Now he's got his wife lying for him.

Demand the cue be sent back BEFORE MONDAY!!!! Plenty of time to go to fed ex!!!!!!

MDSPHOTO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recall that the cue only needed about 8-10 hours worth of work. Since he responded that he would finish it 482 hours have elapsed so why hasn't he found 8-10 hours to complete it? And BTW, there are 129 hours before Monday so surely he could find 8-10 hours to finish it. I'm just sayin.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Someone must have beat you there.... ;)

JV

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My patience with this whole thing was exhausted several months ago. Remember, I sent him the certified letter demanding the return of my cue within 10 days way back on 4/7/15 so that Eric Crisp could finish the job for me, and John said that he could not let that happen. I suspect another certified letter will get me nowhere. I know my next steps and will implement them in the next couple of weeks if I do not get my cue back. When I do, it will be too late to put the Genie back in the bottle.

QC I feel very bad u have gotten screwed by this guy. Please do not take what I am about to say as disrespectful as its not intended to, only trying to give you a reality check - wake up call. Your posts ( and I'm sure your communication with him ) come across VERY WEAK and to him that means easy pushover that he doesn't respect or have to worry about. When I first read your initial post the first thing that popped in my mind was does he even have your cue? At this point I would guess 99% sure he does not. That is the ONLY thing that would even !make sense at this point. Ask for so!e type of proof immediately. Good luck to you sir.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty simple.

If you're having problems, don't take in work, and return property if you can't complete the work. I've had motorcycle guys I've had do custom stuff, and one of them returned a tank he was going to paint because he was having personal problems... fedexed on his dime, along with my deposit. That's how it's done.

I've said it before QC, after a certain amount of time, you jump on a plane and go get your sh*t. IMO, you've been overly patient with Showman... it just sounds like story after story.

It boils down to: "Is the work done? No? Then give me my cue and my $700 deposit, thank you very much" I just hope your cue is actually in his shop.

Good luck, brother.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Pretty simple.

If you're having problems, don't take in work, and return property if you can't complete the work. I've had motorcycle guys I've had do custom stuff, and one of them returned a tank he was going to paint because he was having personal problems... fedexed on his dime, along with my deposit. That's how it's done.

I've said it before QC, after a certain amount of time, you jump on a plane and go get your sh*t. IMO, you've been overly patient with Showman... it just sounds like story after story.

It boils down to: "Is the work done? No? Then give me my cue and my $700 deposit, thank you very much" I just hope your cue is actually in his shop.

Good luck, brother.

:rotflmao:

Yep, the $700 deposit is still available for refund.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member

That sucks. I was really hoping you would of already gotten your cue back. It sounded like it was going to happen. I know if I were you at this point I would do whatever I needed to in order to get my property back. I believed John would make this right and I was wrong. You have shown great restraint in this whole ordeal and John deserves whatever it is he has coming to him over this.

He lied to me as well. Told me he would get you your cue back and handle it. I don't know anything about the surgery or if its legit. If I were you I wouldnt care about his circumstances as its clear he doesnt care about yours.

LAlouie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want to inform the billiards community of my horrific experience dealing with John Showman since November 2014. I do so for two reasons: (1) I hope that Showman reads,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
forearmwith1ptandshaftrings_zpsfc745860.jpg
[/URL

Cuemakers set their watch to "cuemaker time" which is somewhat akin to "house renovation/general contractor time x 3". Your experience is no different than hundreds of thousands of people like you. Not only are most cuemakers irresponsible, they prioritize their jobs. Just because you got your order in months ago doesn't mean it gets attended to before other orders that came in later. They'll start on a $3000 cue before they decide to wrap a cue or make a shaft.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You have just been put behind the 8 ball.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member

I'm 100% on your side on this, so please don't take this the wrong way...

I am starting to become convinced you aren't going to do anything about this, and never were going to. Your true hope is just to scare him into getting this back to you quicker than it would otherwise take, and with the work completed by him so the cue stays original. That is your real goal here. I mean maybe you would actually do something at some point some day who knows how many months down the road, but you never had any intention of doing anything until now (they were always empty threats), and you don't have any intention any time soon either.

You have been telling him "if I don't get my cue back soon..." every two weeks for months and months now, and it means about as much as when he has been telling you "i will get it done and shipped to you in two weeks" over and over for months and months now. This thread was a hollow threat. Everything has been hollow threats. It reminds me of a mother that always tells her kid "if you don't stop doing that I'm going to spank you" yet she has never followed through and actually spanked the child even once in her life and her kid knows it and therefore the words are meaningless and have no effect on the kid and the kid just continues to do whatever they want because of it.

Some months back you said you wanted your cue back immediately in whatever condition it was in and no further work was authorized and nothing less was acceptable but as soon as he said he would do the work and get it to you in a few weeks you couldn't say ok fast enough. The same thing happened when you started this thread, "I want my cue back immediately with no further work done to it and nothing less is acceptable..." but as soon as he said give me another two weeks the answer of course was "ok". Even in your post above you are once again saying ok to the 37th deadline extension request from him. If you really wanted your cue back even if it was incomplete you would have told her to just take it to the post office tomorrow. I have no doubt you will continue to threaten action, and I also have no doubt that as soon as he says he will really get it done this time in the next week you will again acquiesce and the cycle will repeat just like it has been for however many more months it takes until he finally does actually finish your cue and get it back to you whenever he finally feels like it.

Others have said essentially the same thing I'm saying in a more round about way, that you are being weak with the repeated empty threats over a long period of time. More important than others seeing it is that John sees it and knows they are hollow threats too so it isn't motivating him in the least to get it done any faster than whenever he feels like getting around to it. Keep telling him every two weeks "I better get my cue back in the next two weeks..." because it means nothing to him and makes no difference because you never do anything but say the same thing again in two weeks. Again, I don't intend any offense and I am fully on your side, but at this point it is time to either take action (it was time many many months ago), or it is time to stop complaining and just sit back and wait and you will get it when you get it (because waiting to get it when you get it seems like what you are going to do anyway). Sorry this sounds harsh but time for action was a long time ago and you are in a way very complicit in this too if you really think about it because you have been an enabler by giving in continuously over such a long period of time. Trust me when I tell you he takes you less serious now than he did months ago because now you have a proven record for just giving in every time. Act, or sit back and wait however long it takes. Those are really the only two choices.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm 100% on your side on this, so please don't take this the wrong way...

I am starting to become convinced you aren't going to do anything about this, and never were going to. Your true hope is just to scare him into getting this back to you quicker than it would otherwise take, and with the work completed by him so the cue stays original. That is your real goal here. I mean maybe you would actually do something at some point some day who knows how many months down the road, but you never had any intention of doing anything until now (they were always empty threats), and you don't have any intention any time soon either.

You have been telling him "if I don't get my cue back soon..." every two weeks for months and months now, and it means about as much as when he has been telling you "i will get it done and shipped to you in two weeks" over and over for months and months now. This thread was a hollow threat. Everything has been hollow threats. It reminds me of a mother that always tells her kid "if you don't stop doing that I'm going to spank you" yet she has never followed through and actually spanked the child even once in her life and her kid knows it and therefore the words are meaningless and have no effect on the kid and the kid just continues to do whatever they want because of it.

Some months back you said you wanted your cue back immediately in whatever condition it was in and no further work was authorized and nothing less was acceptable but as soon as he said he would do the work and get it to you in a few weeks you couldn't say ok fast enough. The same thing happened when you started this thread, "I want my cue back immediately with no further work done to it and nothing less is acceptable..." but as soon as he said give me another two weeks the answer of course was "ok". Even in your post above you are once again saying ok to the 37th deadline extension request from him. If you really wanted your cue back even if it was incomplete you would have told her to just take it to the post office tomorrow. I have no doubt you will continue to threaten action, and I also have no doubt that as soon as he says he will really get it done this time in the next week you will again acquiesce and the cycle will repeat just like it has been for however many more months it takes until he finally does actually finish your cue and get it back to you whenever he finally feels like it.

Others have said essentially the same thing I'm saying in a more round about way, that you are being weak with the repeated empty threats over a long period of time. More important than others seeing it is that John sees it and knows they are hollow threats too so it isn't motivating him in the least to get it done any faster than whenever he feels like getting around to it. Keep telling him every two weeks "I better get my cue back in the next two weeks..." because it means nothing to him and makes no difference because you never do anything but say the same thing again in two weeks. Again, I don't intend any offense and I am fully on your side, but at this point it is time to either take action (it was time many many months ago), or it is time to stop complaining and just sit back and wait and you will get it when you get it (because waiting to get it when you get it seems like what you are going to do anyway). Sorry this sounds harsh but time for action was a long time ago and you are in a way very complicit in this too if you really think about it because you have been an enabler by giving in continuously over such a long period of time. Trust me when I tell you he takes you less serious now than he did months ago because now you have a proven record for just giving in every time. Act, or sit back and wait however long it takes. Those are really the only two choices.

Very well said Playa, exactly what I was trying to get at but didn't feel like typing all of that for the very reasons you stated above. I just really really hope this guy still actually has OP'S cue. I think at this point if op is prepared to wait for an indefinite amount of time it would be prudent to demand proof the maker still has the cue, that is of course if he really wants to know. He may not want to know and is in denial or something holding onto a dream.

Quality Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That sucks. I was really hoping you would of already gotten your cue back. It sounded like it was going to happen. I know if I were you at this point I would do whatever I needed to in order to get my property back. I believed John would make this right and I was wrong. You have shown great restraint in this whole ordeal and John deserves whatever it is he has coming to him over this.

He lied to me as well. Told me he would get you your cue back and handle it. I don't know anything about the surgery or if its legit. If I were you I wouldnt care about his circumstances as its clear he doesnt care about yours.

John called me today. He intends to ship the cue back on or before Monday. This is the third call he has made to me since this thread went viral. I honestly believe that my cue will be back in my possession within a week. I litigate multi-million cases for a living. I know how to escalate things when absolutely necessary. This thread has gotten me 3 return calls from John. I hope my next post to this thread is with news that the cue is back in my possession and is perfect. Stay tuned.