Tunica in july..... Rumor?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Heard a rumor that it was cancelled..... anyone else hear that?

Where do people come up with ca-ca like this?

I just talked to Greg and this is definitely not true. We're all still good for the 20-28 of July in Tunica. Same format as the DCC.

Lou Figueroa

dirtybobjr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I just talked to Greg and this is definitely not true. We're all still good for the 20-28 of July in Tunica. Same format as the DCC.

Lou Figueroa

Thanks...... that's what I figured

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa

Greg could do himself a favor by making a formal announcment in print and maybe that would stop the rumors.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Greg could do himself a favor by making a formal announcment in print and maybe that would stop the rumors.

I'll make this as plain as possible: I saw "the rumor" posted here; I called Greg Sullivan; he said Tunica was not canceled.

Consider this his press release -- "Tunica is a go for 20-28 July."

What more do you need?

Lou Figueroa

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll make this as plain as possible: I saw "the rumor" posted here; I called Greg Sullivan; he said Tunica was not canceled.

What more do you need?

Lou Figueroa

The actual press release. Quite simple.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
The announcement was made at DCC... All plans are being finalized.... The Venue is setup and those contracts are signed... I would think that what they are working on is all of the amateur events and extravaganzas going on around the 80bar boxes that will be their for all of the amateur events.....

Lee Bret already post the race to 1 10ball event has been approved but there are tons of things in the works....

Last I had heard Shannon and Marge were trying to work in a GSBT type stop during the evens using the barboxes......

I guess in short you will get your press release when they decide they have a large majority of the events planned........

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The actual press release. Quite simple.

The question posted in this thread was whether Tunica is cancelled. It is not, per Greg himself. Having been in the press release business myself for many years I can tell you that squelching an unfounded rumor does not remotely necessitate a press release.

As to further tournament details, I guess you'll just have to hold your water until the Tunica web site is up or Greg decides to put out more info, maybe in the form of a release, maybe not.

Lou Figueroa

jrt30004

just jokin' around
Silver Member

What more do you need?

Lou Figueroa

something from the people promoting it. not something from guy "x" posting on the internet. what makes your word the be all end all? are you running the event? do own the venue said event is being hosted at? are you the money behind the event? a promoter? do you have any official capacity to speak for the event? if you do say so. if you don't, than something official is what was asked for. i am pretty sure that's what more he needs.

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
It looks like that website has some info mixed in regarding DCC in Indiana.

It also says the deadline for online registration is January 17th under Entry Fees.

The website does need some cleanup, but it looks like a go.

So, what are the chances that an Arkansas (APPA) B-player, such as myself, could pay $160 to play Efren Reyes in 9-ball in a 1st round smash?

It would be worth it to me.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
It looks like that website has some info mixed in regarding DCC in Indiana.

It also says the deadline for online registration is January 17th under Entry Fees.

The website does need some cleanup, but it looks like a go.

So, what are the chances that an Arkansas (APPA) B-player, such as myself, could pay $160 to play Efren Reyes in 9-ball in a 1st round smash?

It would be worth it to me.

Here's the nice thing about Efren... If you walk up and are polite and ask him to play a couple of cheap games just because it would be a great honor for you to have that chance as long as there is a table open close by and he doesn't already have something scheduled... He will most likely agree... Even after all of the years of doing it Efren still loves the game and he loves the people who love it like he does......

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
something from the people promoting it. not something from guy "x" posting on the internet. what makes your word the be all end all? are you running the event? do own the venue said event is being hosted at? are you the money behind the event? a promoter? do you have any official capacity to speak for the event? if you do say so. if you don't, than something official is what was asked for. i am pretty sure that's what more he needs.

OK how's this work for ya.... Onsites are already scheduled with the rooms booked in the next 2 months 2 A)layout the tables for the tournament room and decide on the TV Arena Setup B)to test out the network/internet capacity for the live streaming....

This is a totally new venue so some variables are still being worked on... A press release would be nice but it would be also premature because I don't think it would be much more than we already got which was to say TUNICA is a go!!!!!

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member

If Lou says he just talked to Greg and it's on, then for most all of us that's good enough. So it's on as of his writing.

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Here's the nice thing about Efren... If you walk up and are polite and ask him to play a couple of cheap games just because it would be a great honor for you to have that chance as long as there is a table open close by and he doesn't already have something scheduled... He will most likely agree... Even after all of the years of doing it Efren still loves the game and he loves the people who love it like he does......

Wow. It would be quite an honor to share a table with Efren.

Crazy question. I've heard him speak very small amounts in interviews. How well does he speak English?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
do you have any official capacity to speak for the event? if you do say so.

Actually, I do.

I called *Greg Sullivan* (that would be Mr. Diamond Billiard Corporation; Mr. DCC; Mr. Southern Classic (Tunica); The Promoter; The Money Man; etc., et al) last night and told him the rumor that was posted here. He said it was "not true" and that the tournament was still a go. So I told him, if it was OK, what I was going to post to respond to the rumor. He said, "Great, Lou, appreciate it. You know I don't get on the forums much. Thanks for having my back."

Sooooooooooooo, like it or not, that makes me the promoter/money man's offcial spokesmodel on this ;-)

Lou Figueroa
doin' a little
pro bono PR
for Greg

Last edited:

Palmetto cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, I do.

I called *Greg Sullivan* (that would be Mr. Diamond Billiard Corporation; Mr. DCC; Mr. Southern Classic (Tunica); The Promoter; The Money Man; etc., et al) last night and told him the rumor that was posted here. He said it was "not true" and that the tournament was still a go. So I told him, if it was OK, what I was going to post to respond to the rumor. He said, "Great, Lou, appreciate it. You know I don't get on the forums much. Thanks for having my back."

Sooooooooooooo, like it or not, that makes me the promoter/money man's offcial spokesmodel on this ;-)

Lou Figueroa
doin' a little
pro bono PR

for Greg

Thanks Lou! My Wife and I really enjoy Greg and his tournaments! Looking forward to this new venue! Thanks again!!!!!:thumbup: