Balabushka Chalk

rogerb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i had a piece a few years ago, it was very pasty and soft. I did not care for it all and chucked it out. Not sure the maker or origins

AnthonyR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe its made by the same ppl who make blue diamond. I have 6 pieces of balabushka being mailed out yesterday to me. When the arrives I'll let you know how it is. I currently used blue diamond now and really like.

Manoman2444

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just bought some and played about 3 hours with it. Really liked it. Was into my third rack of 8 ball before I re-chalked (and still hadn't miscued). I have been using Blue Diamond but I may like this better. This isn't pasty at all, actually pretty gritty. I have a cube of Kamui, some Masters, Blue Diamond, and several others, and this may be my chalk of choice from now on. It is nothing like NIR. Don't know how dirty it will get the table, haven't used it long enough yet, but I don't think anyone will be disappointed if they order this chalk. Just my opinion (I know, I know, its all in your stroke).

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I have some of the Previous Generation of Balabushka Chalk with the RED WRAPPER that Came in a RED BOX in 12 Packs, it was very MESSY, and you could not get it off you hands. Had the opportunity to play with KAMUI 0.98 Forumila For an Hour. WHOO is what I would say, but NO to the ALMOST $30.00/CUBE PRICE TAG!

Manoman2444

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have some of the Previous Generation of Balabushka Chalk with the RED WRAPPER that Came in a RED BOX in 12 Packs, it was very MESSY, and you could not get it off you hands. Had the opportunity to play with KAMUI 0.98 Forumila For an Hour. WHOO is what I would say, but NO to the ALMOST $30.00/CUBE PRICE TAG!

Try some of this with the black wrapper, think you will really like it.

AnthonyR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used it tonight for the first time. Its very close to BD, maybe a tad better.

metroman

Balabushka chalk

I recently tried the new formula (black box) of Balabushka chalk and really liked it. To me it is better than the Blue Diamond chalk.

I know for a fact that the chalk is made in their own factory.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I got a box from Seberts last weekend, have use it for only a few hour as of now, I will report when I have about a week of use out of it. This stuff in the BLACK WRAPPER is not a MESSEY as the old stuff in the RED WRAPPER!

madmiller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just ordered some black wrapper new stuff , should get it next week.Will try what it's like. So far I heard nothing but good words about the bushka.

Robert58

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
I ordered two boxs of three after reading this post. Wish I hadn't. I can't draw the ball with it, half as much as I can with Masters. It is up for sell, but I can't find anyone that I know, that will try it.

Robert

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
So let me say I used Balabushka Chalk for over a week, and IMHO people should save their money, and forget this stuff.

I found it clogged up my Pool Cues Tips, Caused Miscues up the WAZOO, and the nicest thing I could say about the product was it came in very nice packaging.

Being FAIR if I constantly SCUFFED MY CUE TIP the Balabushka Chalk cause no problems, but IMHO Master DON'T CLOG UP MY CUE TIP.

IMHO I will stick to
Trusty Old Master GREEN that has served me well for years.

Balabushka Chalk of today is not like the Famous Balabushka Pool Cues of yesteryear. Just something using the name Balabushka because someone own it.

Last edited:

madmiller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last night I went out to shoot and tried my new balabushka chalk! I really love it! Chalked my regular cue with kamui blak ss on it and played for an hour and a half before I miscued ! Wow! with regular masters I have to chalk after every other shot not to miscue.
Then I tried some really chalk consuming masse shots , the ones that when using masters I have to re-chalk after every shot and the balabushka chalk surprised me again! It holds well enough for about 5 to 7 shots before rechalking. Even on the most extreme masse shots, when I hit the cb with my cue elevated 90 degrees really hard to make the cb curve the whole table length.
Then I chalked my jump/break cue that has a phenolic tip on it and the same results- it grips way better than masters and stays on the tip for a long time!
I never tried the old version of balabushka, the one in the red wrapper, but as far as this one, the black packaging, I love it. So far it's the best chalk that I used !

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My experience has been totally different than most posted here. I have been using Master's Green for years and am totally satisfied with it. After reading so many posts about the Balabushka chalk, I thought I'd give it a spin just to see what all the hullabaloo is about. I spoke to a buddy of mine about it and he gave me a piece of Blue Diamond to try out. When I got the Balabushka chalk, I thoroughly cleaned my tip and stroked some chalk on it. I played for about an hour with it. When rubbing it between my fingers, I got some very fine coverage and felt very smooth. I did notice some difference in long draw shots. I thought I got a little more draw with it than when using Master's. I also got the impression that there was a little more grip with the cue ball. But, although I'm careful when I chalk my tip, after an hour my ring finger was really covered with chalk. I also see a little when using Master's, but there was significantly more chalk on my finger with the Balabushka. I waited until the next day to try the Blue Diamond. I saw very little difference between the Blue Diamond and the Balabushka. I feel it helped again in the long draw shots and perhaps a little more english and spin. But after playing with it for over an hour, I checked my fingers. What a surprise. Not a trace of blue. My ring finger was spotless. Give the Blue Diamond a big plus for that and a plus for gripping the cue. Now a tough decision - is the difference really worth about $3.00/cube for the Blue Diamond versus $0.25/cube for the Master's? In summary, the Balabushka is a no and the Blue Diamond a definite maybe. I lke the Blue Diamond a tad better than Master's but not $3.00's worth. As for Kamui, you have to be insane to spend $30 for it.

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
My experience has been totally different than most posted here. I have been using Master's Green for years and am totally satisfied with it. After reading so many posts about the Balabushka chalk, I thought I'd give it a spin just to see what all the hullabaloo is about. I spoke to a buddy of mine about it and he gave me a piece of Blue Diamond to try out. When I got the Balabushka chalk, I thoroughly cleaned my tip and stroked some chalk on it. I played for about an hour with it. When rubbing it between my fingers, I got some very fine coverage and felt very smooth. I did notice some difference in long draw shots. I thought I got a little more draw with it than when using Master's. I also got the impression that there was a little more grip with the cue ball. But, although I'm careful when I chalk my tip, after an hour my ring finger was really covered with chalk. I also see a little when using Master's, but there was significantly more chalk on my finger with the Balabushka. I waited until the next day to try the Blue Diamond. I saw very little difference between the Blue Diamond and the Balabushka. I feel it helped again in the long draw shots and perhaps a little more english and spin. But after playing with it for over an hour, I checked my fingers. What a surprise. Not a trace of blue. My ring finger was spotless. Give the Blue Diamond a big plus for that and a plus for gripping the cue. Now a tough decision - is the difference really worth about $3.00/cube for the Blue Diamond versus $0.25/cube for the Master's? In summary, the Balabushka is a no and the Blue Diamond a definite maybe. I lke the Blue Diamond a tad better than Master's but not $3.00's worth. As for Kamui, you have to be insane to spend $30 for it.

AZPete, I guess you don't gamble, shhot in Leagues or any Tournaments?

The reason for my statement is you say you got a little more draw and spin.

I can only speak for myself but there has been times it cost me money, let my Teamates down and didn't go home with the prize money or trophy because I didn't have that little extra spin or draw.

If you were to divide the amount of shots you were able to shoot from a cube of chalk by the cost at what amount of pennies do we start/stop caring about winning?

I know my answer, just wondering if you had the time to really figure it out for yourself?

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As a matter of fact, I do play in a monthly 8 ball Tournament and I've come in First Place each month for the last 6 months. But you're right in one respect - I don't gamble or play for money. Can't afford to lose. But I play for fun and don't need any extra edge. But I can see your point.

Last edited:

r.roach@att.net

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Balabuska chalk

Who has used it. Where does it come from (MAKER)?

the Balabushka name was purchased earlier this year from Adam Cue Co. the "new" Balabushka Cue Co. is making this chalk. i am using it now, and am not satisfied with it. i use a Kamui black soft tip. the chalk doesn't give me the draw or english that i can with good old "Masters". glad i only bought one cube.