Alex vs Dennis?

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When will an Alex and Dennis match happen? Have they ever matched up in a big money match before? It seems like they play about every one else.

How bout T Rex and that Frost guy?

tenfttall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis and Alex have the same backer, as I understand. I could be wrong.

As for Tony and Scott, I’m sure Tony would give Scott 10-8 and rob him but Scott wouldn’t be able to raise the funds to take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When will an Alex and Dennis match happen? Have they ever matched up in a big money match before? It seems like they play about every one else.

How bout T Rex and that Frost guy?

Ever heard "one is scared and the other is proud of it"???

I'm not sure their backer would like it even if Alex and Dennis played on their own money, which I doubt would ever happen........and if it did or already has happened, nobody will see it but them.

Rake

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought so.......

Ahh, the money, with some it is always the money. Goes to another thread I posted and asked, is Alex a hustler? Maybe not in the old sense of the word, but in a more modern and methodical sense of the word?

I really am ok with it, pool will never change and cultures "hitting it' together is what it is. The backers have the power and call the shots. The problem is, will we ever know who is the best One Pocket player, let alone the GOAT is, with this taking place?

Maye some one on here would know? I think so.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ahh, the money, with some it is always the money. Goes to another thread I posted and asked, is Alex a hustler? Maybe not in the old sense of the word, but in a more modern and methodical sense of the word?

I really am ok with it, pool will never change and cultures "hitting it' together is what it is. The backers have the power and call the shots. The problem is, will we ever know who is the best One Pocket player, let alone the GOAT is, with this taking place?

Maye some one on here would know? I think so.

Like most, I have an opinion.

For now I will only comment on the backers having the power.

It was 1979. I witnessed a pro and a very well-known roadplayer take a very well-known backer for a HE'LL OF A LOT of money. I'm talking ~$300,000 while playing str8 pool.

The backer, just thought he had the power. Turns out, all he had was the money.

The right backer can put the screws to any player but at the same time the player can put the screws to any backer at any time.

So, in my humble opinion the power lay halfway between the player and backer in a situation where both are honest.

Rake

J SCHWARZ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Give Scott a few weeks if he knows he got a game to get in gear and nobody going to like 10-8. He may be domesticated with that 9 to 5 bUT he's still got it.

Last edited:

J SCHWARZ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott cant get there.
Jason

I'd have to agree to disagree here. The man went eight years undefeated playing even for the cash. Just a few years ago it took Alex 5 days to get eight ahead. Who besides Scott took down Efren multiple times even for the money. He arguably knows just as much about the game as any living human. Give him some time to dust off the cobwebs and he's deadly. Like him or not the guy is one of the best 1p players of all time

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd have to agree to disagree here. The man went eight years undefeated playing even for the cash. Just a few years ago it took Alex 5 days to get eight ahead. Who besides Scott took down Efren multiple times even for the money. He arguably knows just as much about the game as any living human. Give him some time to dust off the cobwebs and he's deadly. Like him or not the guy is one of the best 1p players of all time

Imma have to jump on the 'you're wrong' bandwagon, sorry.

Scott is a bad dude, esp playing people worse than he.
But against an alex or a dennis... he is gonna need to play a race to 3.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

The game has changed, Scott hasn't.
Jason

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's a Hot Seat match from last year on Youtube, Dennis vs Alex. Dennis beat him pretty soundly, coming back from -1 to 5 to win one game.

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's a Hot Seat match from last year on Youtube, Dennis vs Alex. Dennis beat him pretty soundly, coming back from -1 to 5 to win one game.

Yes and then there is a match from DCC where Alex wins 3-0 I believe.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex beat Dennis two out of the last three years in the finals at the Big Dog event, and that event is 1k entry and has big money up for grabs from the calcutta.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex beat Dennis two out of the last three years in the finals at the Big Dog event, and that event is 1k entry and has big money up for grabs from the calcutta.

I believe Alex wins over Dennis in most games but not all. What most do not know is which one wins in a long grind for real money?

I'm talking 10 ball race to 50 or more, 1hole 10 ahead....along those lines
I'm talking 100k or more
I'm talking streamed match with ringside seats available for $$$
I'm talking no putting us (the U.S. in reality) in the middle.

All of the above would be awesome.

Tournament play is good. It's better than nothing but I've seen players far below them hold back in tournaments for obvious reasons. So, tournament play does not count at their level of play.

You just can't find the grind in tournament play when you are dealing with gears that are as high as theirs are.

Rake

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, at the level of a top 100 (500?) player, a tournament set could be won by either player.

Once the top guys get a few hours of steady play on a table, their skills start to blossom and eat money.

I believe Alex wins over Dennis in most games but not all. What most do not know is which one wins in a long grind for real money?

I'm talking 10 ball race to 50 or more, 1hole 10 ahead....along those lines
I'm talking 100k or more
I'm talking streamed match with ringside seats available for $$$
I'm talking no putting us (the U.S. in reality) in the middle.

All of the above would be awesome.

Tournament play is good. It's better than nothing but I've seen players far below them hold back in tournaments for obvious reasons. So, tournament play does not count at their level of play.

You just can't find the grind in tournament play when you are dealing with gears that are as high as theirs are.

Rake