Griff’s Bar & Billiards $5000 added barbox

1 Lone Wolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Griff’s is hosting a $5000 added bartable event Nov. 23,24 and 25th
We will be doing a player auction Friday at 8 pm!

TheMarsMan

Nice Gun!
Silver Member
Griff’s is hosting a $5000 added bartable event Nov. 23,24 and 25th
We will be doing a player auction Friday at 8 pm!

Haven't had a chance to check out Griff's yet, I will try and make this event should be a lot of fun and weather in Vegas is a lot nicer than Michigan in the end of November!

btown

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Playing a 7' tournament with the 9 ball on the spot is enough to make me turn my head. Who wants to travel to play a new game?

Why do we have to keep changing the rules?

Should people start practicing 7' table 9 on the spot now? Makes no sense!:confused:

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Playing a 7' tournament with the 9 ball on the spot is enough to make me turn my head. Who wants to travel to play a new game?

Why do we have to keep changing the rules?

Should people start practicing 7' table 9 on the spot now? Makes no sense!:confused:

I am trying to understand your objection; isn't this just trying to play 9-ball without allowing the break shot to suck the meat and bones out of the game?

btown

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will use tennis as an example.

What if at one of the next big tennis tournaments they move the serve line?

Because it is to easy for Nadal and Federer to ace their opponents..

By changing the serve line you have just changed a huge portion of the game.

People do not practice from the new serve line you just created.

It becomes a gaff game. Might as well make it a handicap event also.

A true professional will feel the need to practice the 9 on the spot now. But all the other tournaments and action he will get will be regular 1 on the spot..

It just doesn't make any sense to fool with the rules.

They changed a lot of international 9' to 9 on the spot. A long with a bunch of other stupid rules. All they did was make the game worse. IMHO

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will use tennis as an example.

What if at one of the next big tennis tournaments they move the serve line?

Because it is to easy for Nadal and Federer to ace their opponents..

By changing the serve line you have just changed a huge portion of the game.

People do not practice from the new serve line you just created.

It becomes a gaff game. Might as well make it a handicap event also.

A true professional will feel the need to practice the 9 on the spot now. But all the other tournaments and action he will get will be regular 1 on the spot..

It just doesn't make any sense to fool with the rules.

They changed a lot of international 9' to 9 on the spot. A long with a bunch of other stupid rules. All they did was make the game worse. IMHO

I highlighted the main subject. Yes, if you want to win this tournament, you will practice breaking with the 9 on the spot. Griff's is adding $5,000 so it could pay off well to the players who practice. Just sayin.....

eddieindetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I highlighted the main subject. Yes, if you want to win this tournament, you will practice breaking with the 9 on the spot. Griff's is adding $5,000 so it could pay off well to the players who practice. Just sayin.....

If you let btown run the tourney we can watch true professionals do what they are already good at...….and those that enjoy the action can make book on something true professionals are already good at instead of wagering on true professionals competing at a gaff they have never played outside Griffs.

btown

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Regardless this will probably be a good tournament and maybe fill up.

But I bet if it don't fill up it will have a little to do with the 9 on the spot format.

I would play still if I was a lot closer, but I won't buy a plane ticket to go play a new format I've never in my life played. I have played a lot of pool also.

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Griff's Tournament

Here is the flyer to share!
2018_11_griffs.png

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nine on the spot.

I myself think if you dont want the 9 on the break ,just spot it and breaker still shoots.Play call shot on everything after the break.