Anyone using director style chairs for your pool room?

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
It's early and I don't have two coffee's in my yet but it looks like they sit too low. You wouldn't be able to see the table surface or shots of the shooter. They'll also be harder to get in and out of....the taller bar stool type chairs are as much for being "1/2 on" as actually sitting in.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
It's early and I don't have two coffee's in my yet but it looks like they sit too low. You wouldn't be able to see the table surface or shots of the shooter. They'll also be harder to get in and out of....the taller bar stool type chairs are as much for being "1/2 on" as actually sitting in.

beat me to it, 24 inch seat height seems too low for spectator chairs.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This question got me off my ass and into the basement, tape measure in hand.

Legacy brand spectator chair, 26". Matching Legacy brand spectator bench, 24".
Tall folding directors chair, 30". Standard folding directors chair,17"

All measurements are actual heights of seat. My tall directors chair has no brand name on it. I have seen them available and are very nice to have. I won this at a Hasselblad University event and it's very well made. The 24" spectator bench is just high enough to see what's going on. I would do a search for some of the tall chairs.

Pacecar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the original Amazon link from post #1, the option is shown for the 30" directors chair at bar height.

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, none of us ever sit down. I once had a couple of tall Bar chairs but never used.

The same at the pool hall, I never sit. We often move the chairs away from where we are playing.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Solid wood

Spectator chairs are fairly bulky and traditional looking. My wife and I prefer a sleeker looking option that won't break the bank again since the pool table already did that :smile:. I decided on some lower cost director style chairs with a 24" seat height.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZZ5D65Q/ref=crt_ewc_img_dp_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I ordered 2 and if we like them we'll probably get another 2.

That statement about the wood is VERY vague. Good pool room chairs, and I've owned one, and ran 3 use a good hard wood and they tell you. The wood on this chair, who knows what it is??? My guess, it won't hold up in time.

Red Shoes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If your thinking of using them as "spectator/player chairs" .....I wouldn't think they would hold up commercially....the public is brutal on furniture (& everything else). Now if your in the Philippines, where the average person weights 102 lbs.....it might work. Good Luck!

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Spectator chairs are fairly bulky and traditional looking. My wife and I prefer a sleeker looking option that won't break the bank again since the pool table already did that :smile:. I decided on some lower cost director style chairs with a 24" seat height.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZZ5D65Q/ref=crt_ewc_img_dp_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I ordered 2 and if we like them we'll probably get another 2.

The ones that you link to look good along with some interesting options being shown. Please report back on how they work out for you. First impression and as you have them around for a bit.

Thanks,
Keith

Empty403

Registered
If your thinking of using them as "spectator/player chairs" .....I wouldn't think they would hold up commercially....the public is brutal on furniture (& everything else). Now if your in the Philippines, where the average person weights 102 lbs.....it might work. Good Luck!

This is for home use. We are Filipino LOL.

Empty403

Registered
beat me to it, 24 inch seat height seems too low for spectator chairs.

This is for player and home use. For viewing, yes 30" would be optimal but constantly climbing in and out of a 30" chair would be a hassle. For televised tournaments, players typically sit a good distance away and the viewing angle on their 30" chair would be similar to a 24" chair at home or at a pool hall.

Empty403

Registered
The ones that you link to look good along with some interesting options being shown. Please report back on how they work out for you. First impression and as you have them around for a bit.

Thanks,
Keith

The chairs should be arriving within a week but the pool table may take 4-6 months, LOL. I'll be able to give a review on comfort and sturdiness of this chair.